Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porter vs. Brook- Brook's testing time!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Porter vs. Brook- Brook's testing time!

This fight vs Shawn Porter, for Kell Brook, will b the testing time for Brook more so than it is a test or meaningful fight for Porter.

Porter has already made a little name for himself. But I liken this step over the pond for Brook as Naseem Hamed's step over the pond, but with a little more at stake and without all of the fanfare that Hamed got when Hamed fought Kevin Kelley.

This fight will show one of several things:
    1. If Brook is a hyped up bum

2. If Brook is a fringe contender, considering how many rounds he goes before being stopped or all out humiliated.

3. If Brook can deliver a show against a good fighter, as Hamed did against Kevin Kelley (with Porter being more dangerous than Kelley was at the time Kelley fought Hamed)

Or...

4. Kell Brook is a Joe Calzaghe that came to America early and dominates good fighters, decent champions and can show the ability to win out on such a high-stakes stage.

This is certainly Brook's moment than it is Porter's moment.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Porter vs. Brook- Brook's testing time!

I'm expecting Brook to get run over

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook always looks good/smooth when he's on top, but he won't be having things all his own way in this one and I think he's mentally fragile.

I expect a Porter win, but I think it will be a good fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wonder what it would do for brooks career if he wins this fight. will he start getting bigger fights? or will he just kind of stay stagnant? i guess it depends how he wins it.

we all know that if porter wins, he is on the track to bigger and better things. hopefully he will fight thurman in the near future.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook-Khan will be massive in the UK if Brook wins - stadium/PPV. Plenty of top fights to be made at welter if you have a belt.

Porter-Thurman are being linked for the Mayweather stakes. Good place to gatecrash
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been one of Kells biggest critics and he does step straight back, chin in the air with his lead hand down. Like putting an ad out for an overhand right. Now I have to assume that he knows this also as does his camp and will adjust. I mean at least move the head on the way out to the right lol.

He just might be one of these guys that fights to the level of his opponent. That is certainly not a rare trait in boxing. That interview that was posted awhile ago kind of turned me around on how I felt about him as a person. Not the Hamed clone that he comes across as after his domestic fights. He seemed absolutely focused. He certainly has the skills to do the job and tbph I kind of think Porter is a one hit wonder.

For any hard core Brook fans out there, if I were them I'd be more worried about him folding mentally. He has to block the crowd out. Get hypnotized if need be I'll go against the grain and take Brook in what will be perceived by some as an upset and Dirrell in the co-feature. Both wins having the possibility of ending prior to the final bell.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Porter Brook is facing this weekends is too big of a step up in class for Brook at this stage. It would have been better to face Guerrero, who is on his way down, or Paulie, who might be retired, or even Alexander, or Lamont Peterson were he to move up. Guys like that to prepare him for this stage. Porter will be shockingly better than what Brook is used to. Porter appears to coming into his own and peaking right before us. I see a 60/40 fight in favor of Porter, who I like by stoppage in the biggest win of his career. In Brook's defense, if he can hold his ground and box a bit, he's got a good shot. I'm looking forward to the fight and at Stub Hub Center, which is a good venue for fights.

Now, if I'm a Brook fan, even in loss, Brook can look good if he fights smart and this fight goes the distance. If he gets beat up, his team will regret the soft approach they've taken with his career.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 08-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I've been one of Kells biggest critics and he does step straight back, chin in the air with his lead hand down. Like putting an ad out for an overhand right. Now I have to assume that he knows this also as does his camp and will adjust. I mean at least move the head on the way out to the right lol.

He just might be one of these guys that fights to the level of his opponent. That is certainly not a rare trait in boxing. That interview that was posted awhile ago kind of turned me around on how I felt about him as a person. Not the Hamed clone that he comes across as after his domestic fights. He seemed absolutely focused. He certainly has the skills to do the job and tbph I kind of think Porter is a one hit wonder.

For any hard core Brook fans out there, if I were them I'd be more worried about him folding mentally. He has to block the crowd out. Get hypnotized if need be I'll go against the grain and take Brook in what will be perceived by some as an upset and Dirrell in the co-feature. Both wins having the possibility of ending prior to the final bell.
    I think this is going to be a world-unveiling of Brook... I'm leaning towards that possibility.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am really looking forward to this fight and hope Kell wins and sets up a big fight with Khan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    This fight vs Shawn Porter, for Kell Brook, will b the testing time for Brook more so than it is a test or meaningful fight for Porter.

Porter has already made a little name for himself. But I liken this step over the pond for Brook as Naseem Hamed's step over the pond, but with a little more at stake and without all of the fanfare that Hamed got when Hamed fought Kevin Kelley.

2. If Brook is a fringe contender, considering how many rounds he goes before being stopped or all out humiliated.

3. If Brook can deliver a show against a good fighter, as Hamed did against Kevin Kelley (with Porter being more dangerous than Kelley was at the time Kelley fought Hamed)

Or...

4. Kell Brook is a Joe Calzaghe that came to America early and dominates good fighters, decent champions and can show the ability to win out on such a high-stakes stage.

I'm gonna go out on limb here and I think the answer is #2

I don't see ANYTHING special in Kell Brook. I hope he is not reading this because I know a lot boxers read these Boxing forums, but I just can't see him winning.

He's in DEEP.

Kell Brook is one them fighters, that just looks good on paper because he's 32-0.

He's gonna have to be another Joe Calzaghe to beat Porter. I don't see any fast footwork, fast hand-speed, combos from Brook. He just seems so slow and I see Porter teeing off on Brook all day.

In fact I'll be surprised if Brook makes a fight out of this, for I see a very one sided humiliation for him. That's just how I see it.
    Last edited by denilson200; 08-13-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Or...

I'm gonna go out on limb here and I think the answer is #2

I don't see ANYTHING special in Kell Brook. I hope he is not reading this because I know a lot boxers read these Boxing forums, but I just can't see him winning.

He's in DEEP.

Kell Brook is one them fighters, that just looks good on paper because he's 32-0.

He's gonna have to be another Joe Calzaghe to beat Porter. I don't see any fast footwork, fast hand-speed, combos from Brook. He just seems so slow and I see Porter teeing off on Brook all day.

In fact I'll be surprised if Brook makes a fight out of this, for I see a very one sided humiliation for him. That's just how I see it.
    Brook's main selling point is his consistency and concentration. He sticks with solid boxing fundamentals. I don't see him being chinny, either... which means he's going to be in the fight for the entire duration.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im still expecting an injury before the fight and possibly during when brook is concerned.

Winner fights khan?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winner fights khan?[/QUOTE]
    I hope so! Whoever wins will beat Khan. One thing that can be said about Porter and Brook is that they are both REAL welterweights. I've been holding back on a prediction because if I'm honest , I really don't know. But now I'm gonna stick my neck out and go with my heart........ Brook on points. Btw, if anybody saw how I got on in the latest Prediction Comp, they'll take that with a massive pinch of salt! 😉

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at all of the posters that picked against Brook. I was the only one in his corner. lololol.... told ya, Brook is here. And he can only get better!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also said Brook would win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information