Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: So if floyd stays off the ropes..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So if floyd stays off the ropes..

Is this rematch going to show us how good floyd CAN be?..or much of the same as the first fight?

If floyd goes back to boxing your looking at a 10-2 performance.

I think maidana will be even more confident this time and Im glad that this rematch was made.

This fight might really show floyds age and could really be the end if the accuracy is out and he cant roll of the shoulder like he used too.

Ah well...only 4 weeks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So if floyd stays off the ropes..

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Is this rematch going to show us how good floyd CAN be?..or much of the same as the first fight?

I think maidana will be even more confident this time and Im glad that this rematch was made.

This fight might really show floyds age and could really be the end if the accuracy is out and he cant roll of the shoulder like he used too.

Ah well...only 4 weeks.
    Floyd made Maidana miss a ton in the first fight. Maidana fought a rough/dirty fight so it seemed more competitive than it really was. You can bet the bank on the ref not letting him get away with that shit in the rematch. Floyd wins this one EASY.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post

Ah well...only 4 weeks.
    Floyd made Maidana miss a ton in the first fight. Maidana fought a rough/dirty fight so it seemed more competitive than it really was. You can bet the bank on the ref not letting him get away with that shit in the rematch. Floyd wins this one EASY.
    Ref will make a big difference

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post

Ah well...only 4 weeks.
    Part of why I scored Burns Beltran a draw was because of this reason.

Beltran was throwing a ton of punches and landing like none if them, I am not a purist, I don't like random bursts of aimless punches.

This is why I gave Floyd the first fight fairly comfortable.

I see a similar fight, Floyd goes to the ropes a lot and I think he needs that style now, his age may have a little bit to do with that, but I really hope I'm wrong.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mATWEATEHR IS OLD NOW, HE CANNOT DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY AND STAY OFF THE ROPES FOR LONG, ESPECIALLY NOT AFTER THE 7TH ROUND. maidana 's punches will be wickeder this time and more accurate. Floyd has aged another 6 months now hasnt he. 6 months is a lot more to age when you are already 37. Floydd will not make it throught this time. I think the REF WILL STOP THE FIGHT FOR MAIDANA ON A 9TH OR 10TH ROUND TKO FOR MAIDANA.

Floyd will get buzzed early in the 10th and will not make it out of the round. No knockdowns or anything but he will be reelin and a-rockin' and the ref will step in.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is slowing down a bit, has he lost that edge is there anybody out there, to finally
    beat him,!!! Maidana did take Floyd out of his comfort zone, he can punch but is it enough
    it's a good rematch, but I feel Mayweather will win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd will sit down on his punches more this time around. He has both underrated power and ability to work the body. 1st fight I remember Floyd Sr telling him to start digging in around the 6th or 7th and that's when the fight started to turn in his favor.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jahmez View Post
    I think Floyd will sit down on his punches more this time around. He has both underrated power and ability to work the body. 1st fight I remember Floyd Sr telling him to start digging in around the 6th or 7th and that's when the fight started to turn in his favor.
    I think Floyd will win again, but I'm also looking for Maidana to bring something new to this fight. He has developed a nice jab with Garcia, so I'm expecting something, cooked up especially for Floyd. I would think it will have something to do with cutting down Floyd's movement.
    I know Garcia and Maidana are working hard to make the night uncomfortable for Floyd. That's what I want to see, Floyd working his ass off for that big payday. I want to see Floyd pissed off and complaining about Maidana being too rough on him.
    Come on Marcos, make Floyd earn that outrageous payday, make him complain to the ref and piss and moan between rounds

Thread Information