Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG vs. Rubio

Looks like it it set for October 18, 2014, on HBO. Another top ten opponent, but another guy GGG should be heavily favored over. At the beginning of the year, I thought it made sense if he wanted to spend 2014 cleaning out the division. He can't really be considered the middleweight champion until he does so. Assuming he beats Rubio, he's beat everyone I think that is willing to fight him in the top ten. Murray won't fight him. Solimon is facing Jermain Taylor in a farce of a fight. Kid Chocolate rarely fights and has a mandatory to take care of. Cotto won't mention his name and prefers Canelo in the spring. If the landscape hasn't changed when the Rubio fight takes place, he needs to seriously consider moving up in weight.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG vs. Rubio

It's a travesty that Soliman et al are allowed to continually avoid Golovkin. It's coming to something when you are punished for being too good at your job. Say what you like about Proska,Rosado, Ishida,Macklin,Stevens ,Adama and Geale but at least they had the bottle to fight the guy. People bring out the old chestnut that professional fighters are not afraid to fight anyone but that does not mean squat when even people in the Division above are openly saying that GGG is someone to avoid if at all possible. It's sad but I don't think Cotto or Quillin would ever have any intention of fighting him whatever network, promoter or management team were involved.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is on record saying it's too dangerous. FFS this is the only sport you can avoid a dangerous opponent. Terrible.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a complete waste of a fight imo, but then again if Cotto and Quillin won't even mention the guy, what is he to do? Sam Soliman and Jermain Taylor are fighting, seriously, wow.. I think Soliman would actually have less of a chance against GGG than his recent challengers, in fact he might not even be able to beat those guys, but he is holding one of the trinkets. It's a farce that Taylor is getting the title shot, but I wouldn't actually consider it an upset if Soliman lost to him even. Maybe Taylor can still punch enough to pull that off

Taylor-Golovkin for 2015! They could set up an outdoor arena in a hospital parking for Jermains safety

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rubio will shit his pants. He is a formidable fighter with some real power of his own, however against big name opponents he becomes very timid.

GGG will blast him out of there early if and when they fight. Its a stay busy fight at best.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The middleweight division has been sad forr so long.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I missing something because I don't see Rubio ranked in the wba top 10? Though in reality its most likely the most well rounded, natural weight guy with solid pop he has faced. Will it matter. Doubt it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    Froch is on record saying it's too dangerous. FFS this is the only sport you can avoid a dangerous opponent. Terrible.
    Wasn't that a comment in a Facebook status that HBO dug up and used? That was whack.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just feel so bad for him. He is fighting anybody that he can and is staying busy but the top fighters won't fight him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    Wasn't that a comment in a Facebook status that HBO dug up and used? That was whack.
    No it was a far more credible source than Facebook.

Twitter.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think pretty much everyone knows at this point that he is the man at 160. I would like to see him go down and destroy Canelo at 154, n then go back up n blow out Cotto n Quillin. None will fight him though, as many have pointed out. I would be confident enough in his ability that I would let those guys take the lions share of the purse just to show the disparity from GGG n everyone else.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got no issues with this fight and I'm happy for Rubio. He's got to be the hardest working guy in the sport and is like a Timex. He's also one of these guys that has improved and gotten smarter over time.

He tried to get Cotto and Cotto said no so that finally answers the optional/mandatory question on Cotto's plans. Cotto has an optional and is most likely going to try and cash out which is understandable since he's not a middleweight. After his next fight he will have to fight Rubio unless the Wbc drops his rating for fighting for the Wba.

One again Soliman is busy with Jermaine Taylor, Cotto has no interest in fighting a real middleweight threat not named Alvarez or lord forbid a cash fight with Bradley and Kid Ovaltine continues to wait out the division.

This of course is either the Kazaks fault or Obamas.

Thread Information