Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

ass-cigar

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need a jab to beat Floyd and a world class one and you need to be able to keep it steady for 12 rounds and not let him take it away from you with right hands. Oscar had the best success and showed that dramatically over the first half of the fight but he couldn't stay with it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Floyd grunt grunt

I do like Floyd grunt grunt

How many throw away threads are enough ? Floyd has no history of getting the benefit of the doubt from judges. He's had one fight in his entire career that an argument can be made reasonably that he lost. He's had many many more bad scores against him.

I get people don 't like him but let's not brockton this crap, let's use facts .

(BTW props to IamInuit for discussing boxing here)

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol. unreal. holding, running, clinching, elbowing, crying about a bite that never happened, and the shitty ref breaking up the fighters when ever maidana starts landing. UNREAL!!!!! the card shoulda been billed, mayweather/bayless VS Maidana! fucking bullshit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana is likable and exciting to watch. But he's a brawler. He punches in odd angles, with hardly a straight right or left among them. His right hands travel vertically down, as if to rabbit punch the opponent. Other than rush Floyd and fluster him with all the wild swinging, it takes a bit more boxing prowess to beat Floyd. An aggressive boxer/puncher might well beat Floyd at this point in his career. But it certainly wasn't going to be Maidana.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Is there anyone who thinks another fighter can get a decision against floyd in Vegas? Let's face it, everyone kisses his ass, judges, venues, refs( how many elbows has floyd got away with?).

I definitely think that , yes, the only way to beat Floyd is by KO. and what track star can catch that elusive runner?? lol. I'm just sick of this whole BS. The greats went and fought in other places.
    Manilla, Africa, England, Pacman is fighting in china! But not floyd, why would you leave the safety of a place that wont let you lose?

Cmon Marcos, do what the boxing world needs! Change.

I do give floyd props for taking this fight though. I never thought he would.
    I count 9 excuses in this post. Am I missing any? Can anyone find a 10th?

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess i'm the only one who thinks what we saw tonight was horseshit. thats cool tho. u floyd nuthuggers can have yer idol. im done with his dirty, sleazy trickster tactics. all the money floyd makes and he gives his fans a 12th rd like that running? did u not hear the boo's? u people really think THAT wins fights? ha ha.... floyd almost had to be carried back to the dressing room.

yes, maidana blew it. but what fighter wouldnt get frustrated by your target running like that the whole fight, or a REF who wont let you work inside, when that is your style whatever.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess i'm the only one who thinks what we saw tonight was horseshit. thats cool tho. u floyd nuthuggers can have yer idol. im done with his dirty, sleazy trickster tactics. all the money floyd makes and he gives his fans a 12th rd like that running? did u not hear the boo's? u people really think THAT wins fights? ha ha.... floyd almost had to be carried back to the dressing room.

yes, maidana blew it. but what fighter wouldnt get frustrated by your target running like that the whole fight, or a REF who wont let you work inside, when that is your style whatever.
    Floyd DOMINATED Maidana. Go cry to your mommy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a shit fight.

Maidana was clearly NOT as up for the fight, hungry or motivated.

However, let's review:

Floyd got HIS gloves.

Floyd got a HUGE ring.

Floyd got HIS ref.

I normally like Bayless a lot. Best ref out there imo, but tonight...fuck me. Breaking every single time, plus the point deduction and the "I don't know what he did but next time its a DQ"
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

It was a shit fight.

Maidana was clearly NOT as up for the fight, hungry or motivated.

However, let's review:

Floyd got HIS gloves.

Floyd got a HUGE ring.

Floyd got HIS ref.

I normally like Bayless a lot. Best ref out there imo, but tonight...fuck me. Breaking every single time, plus the point deduction and the "I don't know what he did but next time its a DQ"
    Of course Floyd called all the shots. He's the undefeated Champion who has dominated for 18 years. Maidana is a B level fighter who should be happy to be getting his biggest payday for the second fight in 4 months. Maidana showed tonight why he will never be great. He didn't even try until the 9th round. A pretty pathetic effort on his part. Floyd fought exactly how we expected him to. It was Maidana who let us down tonight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is difficult to knock out Floyd when he can tell you what gloves you can wear, who will be the ref and your fighting in his house.

You need to be a prime Hearns to stand a chance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is difficult to knock out Floyd when he can tell you what gloves you can wear, who will be the ref and your fighting in his house.

Yep.

Too bad Maidana has knockdown power at 147 not knockout power.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there anyone who thinks another fighter can get a decision against floyd in Vegas? Let's face it, everyone kisses his ass, judges, venues, refs( how many elbows has floyd got away with?).

I definitely think that , yes, the only way to beat Floyd is by KO. and what track star can catch that elusive runner?? lol. I'm just sick of this whole BS. The greats went and fought in other places.
    Manilla, Africa, England, Pacman is fighting in china! But not floyd, why would you leave the safety of a place that wont let you lose?

Cmon Marcos, do what the boxing world needs! Change.

I do give floyd props for taking this fight though. I never thought he would.
    Name me one fight that Floyd has lost hands down ?

People talk about Castillo 1 but to me they only talk about this because it was so unusual to see anyone get close to Mayweather. So people often over estimate just how close Castillo got.

If anything, I'd say it's the opposite, Floyd has to win clearly to get the nod.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana was wearing the custom flat Everlasts. He got beat and much worse then the first time and the point deduction and bite gate made no difference whatsoever.

It was an ugly fight but Maidana is the one that initiated all the horse shit and lets face it that's the only chance he had of winning. An ugly fight.

Some people want Floyd to lose so bad that they simply make shit up or like Jim Lampley see things during fight time that are not there and calling punches that were not even thrown. Ugly ass fight that Floyd still won 8 rounds to 4 at worst.

One thing I will say on Floyd is that he's lost something and I had been saying that through the entire buildup and it seemed more mental to me then physical which in my view can effect the physical. He seemed to get his mojo back at the weigh in and looked like a man on a mission at fight time but I think that was fronted. I think he has some real issues upstairs and its mixing with his hubris.

He might want to think about getting an outside trainer. His old man never gave him one coherent message in the corner last night or one bit of actual in fight boxing advice unless you include "we got this"

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Maidana was wearing the custom flat Everlasts. He got beat and much worse then the first time and the point deduction and bite gate made no difference whatsoever.

It was an ugly fight but Maidana is the one that initiated all the horse shit and lets face it that's the only chance he had of winning. An ugly fight.

Some people want Floyd to lose so bad that they simply make shit up or like Jim Lampley see things during fight time that are not there and calling punches that were not even thrown. Ugly ass fight that Floyd still won 8 rounds to 4 at worst.

One thing I will say on Floyd is that he's lost something and I had been saying that through the entire buildup and it seemed more mental to me then physical which in my view can effect the physical. He seemed to get his mojo back at the weigh in and looked like a man on a mission at fight time but I think that was fronted. I think he has some real issues upstairs and its mixing with his hubris.

He might want to think about getting an outside trainer. His old man never gave him one coherent message in the corner last night or one bit of actual in fight boxing advice unless you include "we got this"
    Floyd is thinking of retirement and has one foot outside the ring. He does not like the pain and hurt but likes to pick up the big cheque. Floyd will not knock out anyone again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information