Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

Is there anyone who thinks another fighter can get a decision against floyd in Vegas? Let's face it, everyone kisses his ass, judges, venues, refs( how many elbows has floyd got away with?).

I definitely think that , yes, the only way to beat Floyd is by KO. and what track star can catch that elusive runner?? lol. I'm just sick of this whole BS. The greats went and fought in other places.
    Manilla, Africa, England, Pacman is fighting in china! But not floyd, why would you leave the safety of a place that wont let you lose?

Cmon Marcos, do what the boxing world needs! Change.

I do give floyd props for taking this fight though. I never thought he would.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: only way to beat Mayweather is by KO, anyone think different?

Agreed, Floyd gets a lot of leeway. A KO or several knock downs would be the surest way to win. Anything close goes to Floyd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who got away with more in the first fight?
    Who fought dirty?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, but I do know that he's coming off of two MD's (one which he dominated) and Oscar nearly got the nod years back in Vegas (even though IMO Floyd won that fight hands down).

I can see it both ways. Vegas makes a ton of money off of Floyd's fights so it's in their best interest for him to keep winning. But if you wanted to fix a fight, there's a lot of money to be made betting on Floyd to get upset and fixing the fight that way too.

I'm not going to pretend I know what goes on behind closed doors out there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me though, the only questionable decision Floyd was ever the beneficiary of was Castillo 1, which I scored 6-6 but could easily see it going 7-5 either way.

I think Floyd won the DLH fight clearly, as he did in Maidana 1 (although by a much slimmer margin).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Is there anyone who thinks another fighter can get a decision against floyd in Vegas? Let's face it, everyone kisses his ass, judges, venues, refs( how many elbows has floyd got away with?).

I definitely think that , yes, the only way to beat Floyd is by KO. and what track star can catch that elusive runner?? lol. I'm just sick of this whole BS. The greats went and fought in other places.
    Manilla, Africa, England, Pacman is fighting in china! But not floyd, why would you leave the safety of a place that wont let you lose?

Cmon Marcos, do what the boxing world needs! Change.

I do give floyd props for taking this fight though. I never thought he would.
    More like why would he leave a place where he makes tons of money? because he's not an idiot. Well he is an idiot but not when it comes to making money.

The judges kiss his ass?? How did you come to that conclusion?
    His fights have'nt been close for the judges to favour him, apart from the first Castillo fight. Other than that the decisions in the De la Hoya,Canelo and Maidana fights should all have been comfortable UDs for Floyd.

We can sit here and pick apart every single fighter's record throughout the history of boxing and we will find plenty of things wrong with them.

Going back to your original question, yes I do think the only way to beat Floyd would be by KO or several KDs because you can't out box him to get a decision.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't buy that the judges treat him any differently either, you aren't seeing really bad scores in his favour for the most part. Need to go back to the first Castillo fight for that, or maybe one or two others, I think the Cotto fight one judge had a near shutout if I remember.
    If Maidana actually pulls this off, it's almost certainly going to be by decision and I don't see why he'd get shafted. One judge had the first fight dead even which is actually very generous to Maidana, not to mention the Alvarez fight etc.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the MD's are to rip off the people who bet on Floyd by UD. It lessens the payout.

There have been a lot of questionable MD and SD's lately.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The All Time Greats fought everybody and anybody, anytime, anywhere, didnt REQUEST/DEMAND THAT THEIR OPPONENTS TAKE CERTAIN BLOOD TESTS/WEAR CERTIN GLOVES/WRAP THEIR HANDS 3 TIMES A CERTAIN WAY. ETC...

this Fckloyd Mooj-weather is NOT, WAS NOT, and NEVER WILL BE an All Time Great.

Pryor, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, would all kick the SHIZZLE-SCHEISSE out of this pansy nancy pussy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Agreed, Floyd gets a lot of leeway. A KO or several knock downs would be the surest way to win. Anything close goes to Floyd.
    Agreed I think 2 knockdowns would suffice, granted Marcos could win a good 6 rounds on top of the knockdowns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the Alvarez fight he won ever round and 1 judge tryed to fuck him over. I think if floyd has a very close fight from now till he retires he will not get any favours whatsoever from the judges.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Look at the Alvarez fight he won ever round and 1 judge tryed to fuck him over. I think if floyd has a very close fight from now till he retires he will not get any favours whatsoever from the judges.
    Canelo is just a tad more of a cash cow than Maidana.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post

Well... with Alvarez all bets are off.
    Mayweather ceases to be the judges favorite, and all kinds of crazy hell breaks loose.

Vegas and the networks may favor Floyd as he continues to build on his undefeated record. But that is quite different from the outright robberies and shenanigans that come into play when Canelo comes to town. Think Chavez Jr. in Texas.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I figured out how to beat Floyd. I will root for him tonight. Usually when I root for a boxer it is the kiss of death. As much as I dislike Floyd I am willing to do this for my saddoites or soddomites. So place your bets and remember this sacrifice I have done for. I will accept a small percentage, say fifteen percent as I am sure you want to express your gratitude towards both me and my home country of America.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here is the Fjckloyd-Moojweather jinx:

77777777777 aaa.33 888888888888a.33 99999999999999.aa33 - fudge-pack woman-beater ass-cigar

Thread Information