Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When should floyd retire..

I dont want any ducking or pac talk or why he is or isnt the TBE..I just want to know when you think floyd should retire.

How can he?

It must be hard when your getting 30-40 mil a fight?!

The money must be a huge reason to keep him going and it would make all of us keep fighting even if we lost..or would it?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When should floyd retire..

Floyd has worked hard to get to this position and no way is he going to retire whilst he is making career high earnings. He will retire 50 and out and idiots will claim he is TBE.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should retire when his contract is up. Unfortunately for Floyd, I don't think he will though. I think he'll be one of the many past greats who ends up fighting way past their prime and getting beat up, because he's such an idiot outside the ring he will IMO end up blowing his fortune and end up like another Roy Jones.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he will when he is 50-0

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea he has two fights left on his contract, all depends who the opponents are and how the fights go I suppose. With the Maidana rematch not living up to hype, he's probably got to follow it up with something pretty live, and that doesn't leave many guys. I don't think Floyd of five years ago would have struggled at all with Maidana, if he proves to be getting hit more in his next fights as well then he'd be stupid not to get out imo. But then of course he is stupid, I could see the blowing all his money scenario happening as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's always been a gym rat and boxing is his whole life, as with many boxers. It will be hard for him to live without his phoney friends and hangers on. And with such an enourmous void to fill. But then again I don't know what else is in his head besides the vanity.
    I've heard he does paddle surfing too.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's already dropped off precipitously so hopefully he will get out soon but I doubt it. 3 more mega fights and call it a career. More likely he can't stay away though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing with Floyd is that even if/when he loses, he will still generate huge amounts afterwards.

The obvious rematch with the guy that beats him for a start, then people will watch after a second loss to see if he could maybe bring one last bit of magic out the bag.

He is probably the only fighter I have ever thought of like that, he could lose his 3 next fights and still be a PPV attraction.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan and Manny and that's his lot. Speed and no chin, then speed and power. Floyd is fading though and I think speed will kill.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should go for Marcianos record and not stop until he has beaten it!

Still can't believe Calzaghe didn't do that too or at least try!

Floyd will lose if he faces Khan and he knows it

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I somewhat agree. Khans speeed and staying away from Floyd, who doesn't like to stalk, should be fascinating. He'll bank rounds and maybe it's Floyd looking for the KO, but hasn't done so in several years.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I somewhat agree. Khans speeed and staying away from Floyd, who doesn't like to stalk, should be fascinating. He'll bank rounds and maybe it's Floyd looking for the KO, but hasn't done so in several years.
    I think I must be the only person who thinks that beating Marciano's record is way down on his priorities. I think his primary concern is to be seen as one of or THE Greatest of all time. his thinking probably is " I never beat Marciano's record, but I'm Unquestionably better, so wtf."
    His main objective is to be undefeated and I reckon he realises that he's not quite what he was and he will retire when he said at the end of next year. if he lost that "0" his career would be viewed very differently and I don't think he'll risk that.
    as for this Khan business, if it's about speed, put Usain Bolt in there. It's about levels, and Khan's "stay busy policy" of fighting potatoes for the last 3 years doesn't put him at this level, end of.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is an ATG but not TBE.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see most of the scenarios you guys have suggested as quite probable but IMO I think Floyd's 0 is too precious to him for him to carry on when he feels he's slipping.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think I must be the only person who thinks that beating Marciano's record is way down on his priorities. I think his primary concern is to be seen as one of or THE Greatest of all time. his thinking probably is " I never beat Marciano's record, but I'm Unquestionably better, so wtf."
    His main objective is to be undefeated and I reckon he realises that he's not quite what he was and he will retire when he said at the end of next year. if he lost that "0" his career would be viewed very differently and I don't think he'll risk that.
    as for this Khan business, if it's about speed, put Usain Bolt in there. It's about levels, and Khan's "stay busy policy" of fighting potatoes for the last 3 years doesn't put him at this level, end of.
    Alot of sense in this post.^^

Floyds rematch with maidana was the first fight that bored me and I wasnt too impressed with him running in the last round.

Perhaps it was maidanas power and style that had floyd ruffled coupled with his age.

Perhaps he will bounce back in the next fight but it annoys me that golden boy will give khan an easy next fight so he looks good again.

Im started to get a bit sick of the welterweight divison and really appreciate ward and froch wanting to fight the best of the best!

Thread Information