Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Left Hook

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Got me confused what takes you forward is the back foot. What takes you back is your front foot.
    Sorry. I wrote to quickly. From the natural stance take your rear foot and take a step backwards. Coach now says that you've created distance. I'm not making it up.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    Got me confused what takes you forward is the back foot. What takes you back is your front foot.
    Sorry. I wrote to quickly. From the natural stance take your rear foot and take a step backwards. Coach now says that you've created distance. I'm not making it up.
    only time this occurs is when you are changing height, otherwise you are mechanically of balance. Puts too much stress on the groin and lower back.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

only time this occurs is when you are changing height, otherwise you are mechanically of balance. Puts too much stress on the groin and lower back.
    Oh oh! He's getting us to throw to the body. yeah I told you he had wicked body shots that's what he's getting us to do.okay here's what is totally different the old coach said in order to go to the body you had to sit down on the punch and what he meant by that is putting the weight on the front foot to throw flurries he said that you can't throw flurries off the back leg is this true?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh oh! He's getting us to throw to the body. yeah I told you he had wicked body shots that's what he's getting us to do.okay here's what is totally different the old coach said in order to go to the body you had to sit down on the punch and what he meant by that is putting the weight on the front foot to throw flurries he said that you can't throw flurries off the back leg is this true?
    What generates power and distance is the back foot, otherwise you lose balance, of movement.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What generates power and distance is the back foot, otherwise you lose balance, of movement.
    This is the way the old coach wanted us to throw the hook like sugar Ray Leonard off the front foot. He thought it would be a snappier punch. Is it true that it's snappier?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9JN80FUO2o 1:08

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the way the old coach wanted us to throw the hook like sugar Ray Leonard off the front foot. He thought it would be a snappier punch. Is it true that it's snappier?
    think the problem here is language, everything as regards correct punching is because of feet, your base.Its where the back foot is that generates power, where the leverage is, Balance to generate power, weight distribution. 1st thing we do actively is stand then walk. Thats our 1st lesson standing we learn, what are we trying to balance, the head Go away and play with that idea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

think the problem here is language, everything as regards correct punching is because of feet, your base.Its where the back foot is that generates power, where the leverage is, Balance to generate power, weight distribution. 1st thing we do actively is stand then walk. Thats our 1st lesson standing we learn, what are we trying to balance, the head Go away and play with that idea.
    Kept going over and over this hitting replay and I think Sugar Ray Leonard is using the same body mechanics that you teach scrap it appears to me that he has his weight anchored on the back foot. Yes it's the same punch I'm still not certain however if sugar Ray Leonard is pressing into the ground or if he's pushing off the ground.
    Yeah I agree with you scrap about the mechanics of throwing a left hook what I'm not certain of is if Sugar Ray Leonard is pushing or pressing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kept going over and over this hitting replay and I think Sugar Ray Leonard is using the same body mechanics that you teach scrap it appears to me that he has his weight anchored on the back foot. Yes it's the same punch I'm still not certain however if sugar Ray Leonard is pressing into the ground or if he's pushing off the ground.
    Yeah I agree with you scrap about the mechanics of throwing a left hook what I'm not certain of is if Sugar Ray Leonard is pushing or pressing.
    Look up Newtons 3rd law, then think the only way it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Scrap;1274236]
    Look up Newtons 3rd law, then think the only way it works.[/QUOTE
    My force on the floor = the floor's force on me
    Action force = Reaction force
    Sums up my gripe for punching off the front foot.

Thread Information