Just finished watching. Really good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My Brother the Terrorist (BBC) doc

Fuck, would it kill you to explain what it's about or give a link to view?

Lazy fuck!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Fuck, would it kill you to explain what it's about or give a link to view?

Lazy fuck!

Lol. It was on BBC world news on that old fashioned gizmo known as the television

I'll see if its at topdocs. Give me a sec.

You instant gratification kids these days

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BBC had it taken of Top Docs which is the best site for docs on the web but you should be able to find it here.

https://www.google.ca/#q=my+brother+the+terrorist

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A young girl of 15 has run off allegedly to join IS so there could be another one, my daughter the terrorist.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently everyone with definitely no links to the secret services are out there. I guess this is the consequence of slave labour death camps domestically, people just want to earn a paycheck and do something. There isn't much hope domestically. I suppose in a way I was similar all those years back, though I avoided the Jihadi route myself.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Jihadi route avoided you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Apparently everyone with definitE links to the secret services are out there. I guess this is the consequence of slave labour death camps domestically, people just want to earn a paycheck and do something. There isn't much hope domestically. I suppose in a way I was similar all those years back, though I avoided the Jihadi route myself.
    Slave labour death camps domestically? That's just made up offensive rubbish.Earning a paycheck? That is an Americanism. And then to top it all you Say you were similar? How? did you have an insatiable bloodlust? No moral compass? No qualms about raping women and beheading aid workers and journalists? Come on Miles enough already of excusing these people.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought it was informative.

Right before it started they discussed the latest man to get beheaded and how much he helped all Muslims and children etc and that even Islamists were asking him to be spared.
    Whatever cause the moderate muslim has or cry by individuals for a place in the world, its completely eroded by acts such as that. There is no grand plan. I simply can longer give way to understanding.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Apparently everyone with definitE links to the secret services are out there. I guess this is the consequence of slave labour death camps domestically, people just want to earn a paycheck and do something. There isn't much hope domestically. I suppose in a way I was similar all those years back, though I avoided the Jihadi route myself.
    Slave labour death camps domestically? That's just made up offensive rubbish.Earning a paycheck? That is an Americanism. And then to top it all you Say you were similar? How? did you have an insatiable bloodlust? No moral compass? No qualms about raping women and beheading aid workers and journalists? Come on Miles enough already of excusing these people.
    Ooh, Greenbeanz. Steady on there.

a) Anyway, as for my 'made up offensive rubbish' then what about this from your favourite source, the BBC. Slave labour death camps may have been toying with language, but people are being told to check in daily or work for free. That is pretty serious. Then of course anyone under 21 is being excluded from benefits. Should I say slave labour death camps are the next stage? Either way it isn't good. You know all this.

BBC News - Help to Work: New unemployment rules in force

b) 'Earning a paycheck' is an expression that is commonly used in world English. As a man of the world, I have no problems with using different expressions that do not follow the Greenbeanz 'How to use English manual'.

c) I was similar in that I was in a corporate environment that refused to raise wages with inflation, cared only about shareholders and profit, and ultimately I ditched life in the UK. It has got much, much, worse. 4 million immigrants, more student debt, no affordable housing, wages that don't rise. Again, you've taken it far too literally. What I am saying is that for young, excluded people, radical ideas like even leaving home to live overseas become a reality. Migrants to the UK probably feel the same.

d) No insatiable blood lust on my part, but I wasn't raised the child of religious people nor had relatives killed in the Middle East. Very different perspectives. My own perspective was typical working class. Poor, broken family, smart, but no real prospects. Familiar tale to many. It should create more radical people, but strangely hasn't

e) I do not defend murder nor rape, so please stop throwing that at me. All I can do is view the evidence and admittedly, I haven't seen this latest one. All I know is the back story once again seems very strange. These aid workers seem extreme themselves considering poverty all around, criminals in Westminster etc, and yet they leave their work and go to operate in a war zone apparently full of psychopaths. Wouldn't you think to tackle Westminster psychos and food banks first?

f) 1 million pounds per bomb dropped and innocent civilians being killed by us and little impact made on Isis. Nurses from overseas unable to speak English are imported on the cheap, patients are suffering and the NHS is practically gone, and yet we can spend 1 million per bomb with the deficit at almost 2 trillion and food banks expanding. Cameron is a traitor and leading on to the next point.

g) I'm not looking to argue with you, but I will not follow the absurd narrative, hook, line and sinker. I simply don't believe much of it and what goes unreported is British involvement in all of this. The camps in Jordan where men were trained, then moved to Libya and then Syria. I struggle to believe a smart man like yourself isn't aware of all this. There is an infomation war going on and we know where most of this Isis info is coming from. They make up numbers, even invent new terror groups. Don't forget Iraq or the death of Bin Laden etc, these elite cannot be trusted.

Thread Information