Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't think anyone would complain if Floyd signed to fight Thurman, Brook, Khan, or Pacquiao. After the two Maidana fights, those are all legitimately interesting match ups imo.
    I'm not interested in Brook or Thurman at all. I would pay to watch him fight Manny for sure. I probably would pay for a Khan fight, but I wouldn't feel good about it and would hope for Khan to fight up to Floyd's level.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Floyd never fights Manny...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Barring a fight with any current middleweight, super middleweight, lightheavy etc...

Who do you view as a legitimate challenge for Floyd?

Who would you be satisfied with him fighting? (Who would stop your stupid baby whining?)

@mikeeod @Rantcatrat @imp @zhubin
    @anyoneelsewhowantstoanswer
    Ah, Rocco, my favorite little window licker. I've already stated numerous times who I would've liked to have seen Floyd fight. The tears must blur your vision or something. Right now, there isn't a fighter 154 and down who would give Floyd a great challenge. Manny is still good, but is the smaller man and not the force he was 4 years ago. Danny Garcia, in my opinion, is overrated and loses to the first solid fighter who doesn't take him lightly. Bradley isn't what he was. JMM is waaaay past his best. Thurman is green. Khan is chinny, has stamina issues, and is inconsistent. Kell Brook beat Porter, but that is a far cry from Floyd. Brook needs more seasoning. Andrade is green and not even calling Floyd out. Lara and Floyd together would make me cry from the sheer pacifism and non engagement in the ring. Just to clarify, no one is crying but you. Most of us are having a rational discussion on why we rank Floyd a certain way and who we would like to see him fight. You come out of left field throwing a tantrum like a woman scorned who caught Floyd in bed with her sister. Get a grip.
    I didn't ask you who you would have had liked to see him fight in the past but who you would like to see him fight in the future. That's not the same thing. Donkey.

So your answer is no one. Thanks for coming out.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 10-10-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barring a fight with any current middleweight, super middleweight, lightheavy etc...

Who would you be satisfied with him fighting? (Who would stop your stupid baby whining?)

Ah, Rocco, my favorite little window licker. I've already stated numerous times who I would've liked to have seen Floyd fight. The tears must blur your vision or something. Right now, there isn't a fighter 154 and down who would give Floyd a great challenge. Manny is still good, but is the smaller man and not the force he was 4 years ago. Danny Garcia, in my opinion, is overrated and loses to the first solid fighter who doesn't take him lightly. Bradley isn't what he was. JMM is waaaay past his best. Thurman is green. Khan is chinny, has stamina issues, and is inconsistent. Kell Brook beat Porter, but that is a far cry from Floyd. Brook needs more seasoning. Andrade is green and not even calling Floyd out. Lara and Floyd together would make me cry from the sheer pacifism and non engagement in the ring. Just to clarify, no one is crying but you. Most of us are having a rational discussion on why we rank Floyd a certain way and who we would like to see him fight. You come out of left field throwing a tantrum like a woman scorned who caught Floyd in bed with her sister. Get a grip.
    I didn't ask you who you would have had liked to see him fight in the past but who you would like to see him fight in the future. That's not the same thing. Donkey.

So your answer is no one. Thanks for coming out.
    Another ignorant reply. What started this conversation was my statement that I would like to see Floyd fight GGG. U got butt hurt and started whining. Now you are asking who I'd like to see Floyd fight other than GGG. I told you why GGG, a guy who is willing to make 154, is the one fight left that will impress me. You don't like people's answers so you put silly little caveats on to try and prove some ignorant point.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

All he has done is win whether we like his style or not.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another ignorant reply. What started this conversation was my statement that I would like to see Floyd fight GGG. U got butt hurt and started whining. Now you are asking who I'd like to see Floyd fight other than GGG. I told you why GGG, a guy who is willing to make 154, is the one fight left that will impress me. You don't like people's answers so you put silly little caveats on to try and prove some ignorant point.
    I've actually explained in about 8 different ways why Floyd will not fight someone like GGG. It's you who either can't understand or are simply unwilling to give any credence to my multifaceted argument. But you also haven't been able to form much of a rebuttal.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legitimate challenge below 160. There's not too many foes out there if I'm honest that Mayweather hasn't beat. If Thurman had a quality win or two at welterweight, he's not a bad challenge. He needs a win though over someone like Kell Brook or Shawn Porter. Demetrius Andrade is a good challenge too. He's coming off a good win over Vanes Martirosyan and it looks like he might move to Showtime to face a Charlo brother in December. Assuming he comes out with a win, he might be the best option. Kell Brook hismelf isn't a bad fight, but I don't know if he has enough to really challenge Mayweather. Some people like the style match-up with Khan, but I'm not convinced because of Khan's chin. If Kirkland would get his act together, even though Mayweather wins the fight easy, it's a fun fight for four rounds. I'm not even mentioning Pacquiao because that ship has sailed. I'm tired of it even being brought up.

Regardless, I'd be more excited about Mayweather fighting GGG than any potential fight I listed. Also, I think he'd win or it'd be close.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 10-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

Danny lost to Herrera. Ask him why he won't give him a rematch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

On paper he won an extremely close match.

Were you one of the majority that said he was running scared of lucas ..we all know what happened there!

Garcia beat khan and matthysse and has shown he steps his game up for every big fight but he possibly overlooked herrera...but still won.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

Were you one of the majority that said he was running scared of lucas ..we all know what happened there!

Garcia beat khan and matthysse and has shown he steps his game up for every big fight but he possibly overlooked herrera...but still won.
    Yes, I was. That was a good win and so was the win over Khan. What's he done since then though? Beat up a junior lightweight in Salka and lost to Herrera.

Did you think he beat Herrera? I legitimately didn't think he won that fight. Not a blow out, but I thought Herrera won.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

Yes, I was. That was a good win and so was the win over Khan. What's he done since then though? Beat up a junior lightweight in Salka and lost to Herrera.

Did you think he beat Herrera? I legitimately didn't think he won that fight. Not a blow out, but I thought Herrera won.
    Garcia is struggling at 140 and will be moving up to 147.

He should be the front runner for a shot at floyd whether anyone likes garcia or not.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

He should be the front runner for a shot at floyd whether anyone likes garcia or not.
    Two different discussions here. You are spot on in saying that Garcia has earned a shot at Floyd (not as much as Pac, but more than most others) by beating Khan and Matthyse. I won't blame Floyd for taking the fight, and I won't call him a ducker or coward...etc. That being said, it WILL NOT be an impressive win or exciting fight and I WILL NOT spend a dime to watch it.

Garcia did win those fights n beat harrera on paper, so, he has the record to warrant the fight. If you apply some analytical thinking and watch those fights you will see: 1) Khan was as much to blame for Garcia winning as Garcia was. 2) Regardless what it says on paper, Garcia was beaten by an inferior opponent but given a gift decision. 3) I don't think you could find two fighters more different than Mathysse and Floyd.

Add to all of that the fact that Garcia hasn't fought or beat ANYONE of note at 147, and you understand it is window dressing. Technically the guy earned his shot and is undefeated, but he stands zero chance of winning and many fans won't want to waste their money.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

Why should he be a front runner if he hasn't fought at 147?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've actually explained in about 8 different ways why Floyd will not fight someone like GGG. It's you who either can't understand or are simply unwilling to give any credence to my multifaceted argument. But you also haven't been able to form much of a rebuttal.
    I don't give credence to your argument. Honestly, no kidding around, I believe you are just a really good troll who enjoys this back and forth. I just can't believe you are as dumb as you come across on here. You honestly say really stupid things constantly. No one who is as dumb as you seem could make it day to day, so you have to be trolling.

This last post is a perfect example. If GGG was a fighter like say, Terry Norris in his prime, a fast boxer who could punch hard, then I would agree that Floyd's current condition and pace would be too much of a detriment. Against GGG, however, you are about as opposite of correct as you can be. GGG is a very balanced fighter, but he is a stalker who walks you down and is noticeably slower than Floyd. I can see Floyd staying on the outside and pot shotting and jabbing his way to a decision, similar to his wins over Oscar and Baldy. Pretty much everything you say I disagree with...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Danny garcia overated?

Underated you mean!!..

Leave danny alone.

Why should he be a front runner if he hasn't fought at 147?
    He shouldn't and he isn't. Manny is the front runner. By a mile. Not even close.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For two fighters who really dont need each other I have never seen two that need each other more. It almost feels like a kind of boxing purgatory. Its odd because both of these guys will be remembered more for not fighting each other then their first ballet hall of fame ledgers.

I think Floyd wants that 50/0 more then anything past or present. I dont think the pundits talk about that factor enough. We should also remind ourselves of who Marciano fought for his 48th and 49th. A spent close to 200 fight Archie Moore and Don Cockell. He must be an institution because he lived well and half the planet barely had phone service. Floyds not obligated to go life and death real or perceived in every fight he makes.

Anyway, if this phantom fight ever takes places I'd bet my left nut that it would be his 50th should he stay undefeated. That is its only shot at happening imo.

Thread Information