Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: True or false most pro boxers dont pivot the foot they push off it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: True or false most pro boxers dont pivot the foot they push off it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    The hip extension so I was wondering if my initial drive of the bottom was causing my body to fatigue before the lockout thus causing the sticking point. Knowing that deficit punching puts you at a mechanical disadvantage and increases the range of motion thus increasing the flexibility required. I was wondering will deficits help you increase speed off the ground?
    Balance will, bad posture wont.
    Here's a clip of Tyson's dificit punching still the clip @1:10 is that good balance?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8OzGTHlSRs
    Yes.
    He's not bending over affecting the diaphragm and breathing is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
    Scrap is Mike Tyson pushing off the jab or is he pivoting? We all trust you since this your style you're the expert.
    Its not my style, though I appreciate it. But its a good technique for a short Heavy,who can punch. Not many other weights are successful with it.
    Push or twist?
    Push down and twist.
    Why push down AND twist? Isnt there enough weight on your foot from gravity if youve channeled it all onto one foot? Why the need to push down as well?
    Newtons 3rd law, and youre doing it with both feet,

Newtons 3rd law is for ever action theres aN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION SO BY PUSHING DOWN YOU CHANNEL FORCE UP, HOW DOE STHAT HELP YOU PUCNH HARDER OR ROTAE YOUR HIPS?

The more you push down the more you can push in any direction. Think friction and normal force in physics terms.

A fun analogy I like comes from when I used to do parkour. When trying to run up a wall, most people try to kick straight down which just makes their foot slide off and their face smash into the wall. The secret is to push into the wall like you're giving it a good teep, which then allows you to direct yourself up and fly to the top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    Scrap is Mike Tyson pushing off the jab or is he pivoting? We all trust you since this your style you're the expert.
    Its not my style, though I appreciate it. But its a good technique for a short Heavy,who can punch. Not many other weights are successful with it.
    Push or twist?
    Push down and twist.
    Why push down AND twist? Isnt there enough weight on your foot from gravity if youve channeled it all onto one foot? Why the need to push down as well?

Newtons 3rd law is for ever action theres aN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION SO BY PUSHING DOWN YOU CHANNEL FORCE UP, HOW DOE STHAT HELP YOU PUCNH HARDER OR ROTAE YOUR HIPS?

The more you push down the more you can push in any direction. Think friction and normal force in physics terms.

A fun analogy I like comes from when I used to do parkour. When trying to run up a wall, most people try to kick straight down which just makes their foot slide off and their face smash into the wall. The secret is to push into the wall like you're giving it a good teep, which then allows you to direct yourself up and fly to the top.
    Like basketball...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Push or twist?
    Push down and twist.

Like basketball...
    Like any sport really, it's just basic movement.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Push or twist?
    Push down and twist.

Like basketball...
    What moves you is under you
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Push or twist?
    Push down and twist.

Like basketball...
    What moves you is under you
    Or in front of you in my example!

But yes it all comes back to the ground. By trying to move it, it moves us. That simple detail explains a lot of things about which muscles are doing the work and how the joints need to move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hip extension so I was wondering if my initial drive of the bottom was causing my body to fatigue before the lockout thus causing the sticking point. Knowing that deficit punching puts you at a mechanical disadvantage and increases the range of motion thus increasing the flexibility required. I was wondering will deficits help you increase speed off the ground?
    Balance will, bad posture wont.
    Why do u all type nonsensical ramblings?

Are u trying to show off what u know to ur friends while at the same time not give too much valuable info away?
    You'll never learn how to think if you refuse to try. Scrap's giving you some valuable information that you're rejecting because it doesn't make perfect sense at first, and won't until you actually think about it. If you know about how your body works what he says makes a lot more sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This video is where you move the floor, or that whats under you which makes it moving you simple.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Makes you push down without the impact. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7uLc4C7zN0

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get what your conveying that is too say if a person lacks balance on the balls what's to indicate that they have balance on the ground. What if it wasn't Tyson's slipping that made him a champion could it be his balance!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get what your conveying that is too say if a person lacks balance on the balls what's to indicate that they have balance on the ground. What if it wasn't Tyson's slipping that made him a champion could it be his balance!
    yes young he was balanced

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes young he was balanced
    I can see your gripe with bending the head downwards over the knees with a hunched back. Those fighters are so off balance that they will be thrown around the ring much like the WWE only thing missing is a body slam.

Thread Information