Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Selby says he would fight Warrington in Leeds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3kTzYWDYYY

He should be fighting for the title in the new year and if he wins he would have a defence vs Warrington. Who wins that one and would Selby beat Gradovich?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Selby says he would fight Warrington in Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3kTzYWDYYY

He should be fighting for the title in the new year and if he wins he would have a defence vs Warrington. Who wins that one and would Selby beat Gradovich?
    I met Selby a month or so again. He really thinks Gradovichs style will suit him. I dont know if Warrington is ready for world level yet but I would think his style is all wrong for Selby. Really tough fight to call

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both look good, selby looks like a better alto under to me, more professional and less likely to slip up in such a fight

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Selby's Very confident and is right to be so, he's a class act. I haven't seen anything of Gradovich, but with Lomachenko, Donaire & Mares being in the division, Gradovich would probably be the most winnable route to a title.
    I would imagine Selby would beat Warrington, but with the speed at which Warrington is improving , and add that crazy Leeds crowd into the mix, anything could happen .
    If Bellew and Cleverley is PPV (as predicted by yours truly!) , then I could see this being held at Elland Road if it ever came off.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Selby's Very confident and is right to be so, he's a class act. I haven't seen anything of Gradovich, but with Lomachenko, Donaire & Mares being in the division, Gradovich would probably be the most winnable route to a title.
    I would imagine Selby would beat Warrington, but with the speed at which Warrington is improving , and add that crazy Leeds crowd into the mix, anything could happen .
    If Bellew and Cleverley is PPV (as predicted by yours truly!) , then I could see this being held at Elland Road if it ever came off.
    Kind of disagree here. I reckon Gradovich would out muscle and out work Donaire and I think he beats Mares too. Hes a very strong underated champion. It certainly wont be easy for Selby. What he does offer to Selby is the best chance of getting home advantage and judges on his side.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Kind of disagree here. I reckon Gradovich would out muscle and out work Donaire and I think he beats Mares too. Hes a very strong underated champion. It certainly wont be easy for Selby. What he does offer to Selby is the best chance of getting home advantage and judges on his side.
    Like I said, I haven't seen Gradovich before, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge, but it does show what a tough division it is.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, I haven't seen Gradovich before, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge, but it does show what a tough division it is.
    yea tough old weigh class, Vetekya and Walters are also very strong in the division and pretty much a toss up between the top guys.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea tough old weigh class, Vetekya and Walters are also very strong in the division and pretty much a toss up between the top guys.
    Yeah, the bookies give Walters a pretty lively chance against Donaire, and when I saw his record, I remember watching him do a number on Darchinyan in his last fight.

Thread Information