Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Emmanuel Augustus shot and in critical condition

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The first time I saw Augustus, he was brought to England for Jon Thaxton to bash-up for some micky mouse title, he spent the entire fight taking the piss then exploded into about a 100 punch assault and chinned him out. Mental. Great character.
    Did not see that fight.

Yes thaxton was exposed by the better boxer.
    Augustus looks quality, great finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-vR8Jw2t0
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fingers crossed...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The first time I saw Augustus, he was brought to England for Jon Thaxton to bash-up for some micky mouse title, he spent the entire fight taking the piss then exploded into about a 100 punch assault and chinned him out. Mental. Great character.
    Did not see that fight.

Yes thaxton was exposed by the better boxer.
    Augustus looks quality, great finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L-vR8Jw2t0
    Hah, wow... Definitely hadn't seen that. Shows that he actually did have some wicked talent as a serious fighter almost, to me. Whether Thaxton wasn't that good or not, you don't see a lot of guys putting that kind of stuff together.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thaxton was very durable and Augustus showed class to get him out of there with those quick combinations.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This sucks. I don't know Augustus but he is a part of my freaking childhood. I was born in 1990. My dad and oldest brother have always been decent boxing fans. I remember vaguely the fight with Ward. That's how I knew of Ward. When he went to face Gatti, I watched it live as a child.

Augustus though, by the product of his name change, was a source of confusion for us until about 2004 when the internet became a big part of our lives. I was starting to sprout as a young man, my dad looked to me to go on the computer to find out if Emanuel Augustus was Emanuel Burton. He was. I knew them as different people but my Dad always knew the truth but was never able to confirm without the internet's help and that's what I was there for. That's pretty much when I became the boxing dork I still am today, I would show my friends videos of Augustus. He was fun, and I was able to use Augustus to make them take an interest in boxing. Suddenly all of them were pretty sure Jeff Lacy was was gonna beat Joe Calzaghe. I was a freshman, Peter already lost to Klitschko. Was Taylor gonna beat Hopkins? My high school friends had conversations about this stuff! None of it happens without Augustus! Not kidding, it was because of the .GIFS I put on my Myspace as a highschooler of Emanuel Augustus. It's surreal typing this out.

If Emmanuel Augustus had his life turned into a motion picture, it would probably be called "Robbed." He *may* have just robbed of his life and this is one decision that I won't forget about so soon. My childhood might be robbed alongside him. Fuck.
    Last edited by amat; 10-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The drunken master could have been a champion. If he'd only taken himself seriously.
    He was robbed of victory too so many times Praying for Emmanuel
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    This sucks. I don't know Augustus but he is a part of my freaking childhood. I was born in 1990. My dad and oldest brother have always been decent boxing fans. I remember vaguely the fight with Ward. That's how I knew of Ward. When he went to face Gatti, I watched it live as a child.

Augustus though, by the product of his name change, was a source of confusion for us until about 2004 when the internet became a big part of our lives. I was starting to sprout as a young man, my dad looked to me to go on the computer to find out if Emanuel Augustus was Emanuel Burton. He was. I knew them as different people but my Dad always knew the truth but was never able to confirm without the internet's help and that's what I was there for. That's pretty much when I became the boxing dork I still am today, I would show my friends videos of Augustus. He was fun, and I was able to use Augustus to make them take an interest in boxing. Suddenly all of them were pretty sure Jeff Lacy was was gonna beat Joe Calzaghe. I was a freshman, Peter already lost to Klitschko. Was Taylor gonna beat Hopkins? My high school friends had conversations about this stuff! None of it happens without Augustus! Not kidding, it was because of the .GIFS I put on my Myspace as a highschooler of Emanuel Augustus. It's surreal typing this out.

If Emmanuel Augustus had his life turned into a motion picture, it would probably be called "Robbed." He *may* have just robbed of his life and this is one decision that I won't forget about so soon. My childhood might be robbed alongside him. Fuck.
    It's a trip reading your post bruva - we must have practically been on the same page in the book of life (although I was 21 and also addicted to the new Fight Night game, so it was Emmanuel and JFAT in equal parts )

Hang on... Speaking of Myspace... I'm sure we were Myspace friends for a while back there? Or was that Hulk, I get confused

But yeah my first glimpse of EA was when our channel 5 aired a replay of Augustus vs Burton 1 (the station was doing weekly re-runs of all fairly recent ESPN shows) but was ACTUALLY rooting for Burton to win at first, cause I had previously seen his win over Manfredy and was impressed.

Fuck that though, once Augustus started dancing...Was like watching Prince Naz mixed with the Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

It's a trip reading your post bruva - we must have practically been on the same page in the book of life (although I was 21 and also addicted to the new Fight Night game, so it was Emmanuel and JFAT in equal parts )

Hang on... Speaking of Myspace... I'm sure we were Myspace friends for a while back there? Or was that Hulk, I get confused

But yeah my first glimpse of EA was when our channel 5 aired a replay of Augustus vs Burton 1 (the station was doing weekly re-runs of all fairly recent ESPN shows) but was ACTUALLY rooting for Burton to win at first, cause I had previously seen his win over Manfredy and was impressed.

Fuck that though, once Augustus started dancing...Was like watching Prince Naz mixed with the Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    I was friends with a few saddomites on MySpace back in the day.

Did you both see the Augustus vs. Courtney Burton rematch?

That was all one way traffic. You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could say if Emmanuel dies then he has gone for a Burton.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

That was all one way traffic. You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
    Personally I prefer Saddonians. Saddomites is one letter away from a uncomfortable association with the wrong kind of ring entry.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Personally I prefer Saddonians. Saddomites is one letter away from a uncomfortable association with the wrong kind of ring entry.
    might as well call us bummers
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

might as well call us bummers
    That was the implication and joke. Or was it....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Emanuel Augustus Off Breathing Machine, Walking

This was about 4 weeks ago, so old news but bloody good news! Thank God

Report: Emanuel Augustus Off Breathing Machine, Walking – theboxingtribune.com
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

W.T.G drunken master always a fighter
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.