LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The dismantling of Donaire?

nobody cares about a top fighter getting dethroned? odd. I thought the fight was great. Donaire was brave and went out like a true champion. He gave it his all and went for it. The Jamaican guy is a beast! Can't wait to see him fight again.
    It was refreshing to see two good fighters/people who respect each other the way they did. unlike pos fighters who act like thugs and hoods. i wish more fighters were this way. Courageous and willing to give it all to their fans! Props to both fighters!

Donaire: should he retire? or take a break? he didnt seem his usual sharp self, at all.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The dismantling of Donaire?

Yes I enjoyed the fight , and Donaire showed his class inside the ring , and how refreshing to hear him after the fight.
    A true class champion inside and outside the ring.
    Yes the new champion is a beast.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Donaire should carry on but only if he stops planting and focusing on landing big shots. If he is going to have any kind of success against stronger fighters in the higher divisions he has to start punching while moving then either turning to their blindside or smothering and spoiling on the inside. He has all the physical tools to succeed but I think it's just a question of him mentally breaking some bad habits and having the desire to rebuild.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent fight. The monster left hook that Donaire landed in the 2nd round, had it come 10 seconds earlier we may have been talking about him as the winner.

Seeing how respectful/classy Walter's was afterwards put the icing on the cake. Two class acts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire has nothing to prove a multi weight World Champion, if he had landed that punch
    a bit earlier in round 2 but he did not.
    Those that say smaller weight divisions don't give you exciting fights, are talking rubbish
    fights that come along like this are a treat for us fans.
    If Donaire carries on good luck to him he's far from finished, but I think he's just a little bit
    to small at this weight.
    Walters did not disappoint he boxed well, that jab is a weapon and that punch alone won him
    the fight, a great jab makes a good fighter and he was a class act, his future looks bright.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    . unlike pos fighters who act like thugs and hoods. i wish more fighters were this way. Courageous and willing to give it all to their fans! Props to both fighters!

Donaire: should he retire? or take a break? he didnt seem his usual sharp self, at all.

Two fighters come to mind when you say POS. lol

I think donaire, if he doesnt feel it anymore should retire. First thing he should do is drop back down in weight. Cant run with the big boys.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know that donaire said before that he wasnt really into boxing for a little while then got back into it. we will just have to wait and see how he feels.

i think that this wasnt a big shock to most people. donaire seemed to be going downhill for a few fights now and he was an underdog in this fight. donaire never reached full potential. its too bad because he had so much going for him. he was ranked very highly during his prime but wasted a lot of it by not fighting. because of that, he will end up being a forgotten fighter in about 10 years.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just signed a new contract so he won't retire, he said he's going to move back down. It was a great fight though.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    He's just signed a new contract so he won't retire, he said he's going to move back down. It was a great fight though.
    He said it himself. He is moving back down, he thought he could compete at a higher weight but has now seen the error of that plan.
    Donaire will move back down and have a successful career, and it was good to see two fighters respectful of each other.
    Good fight. It's startling to see what a great jab can do to a great fighter. Man! Walters didn't really need that monster punch to win the fight. Walters had the advantage of size and reach, but it was still a terrific performance by Walters and his jab.

Thread Information