Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao vs Algeri Promo

Everyone knows about the huge fight coming up between PacMan and Algeri on November 22nd, and most of the hardcore fans expect it to be an entertaining fight. Algeri doesn't have the big name that some of Pacquiao's former opponents do, but he is for real.

He's tall, strong and athletic...but his biggest asset will be his boxing IQ. He boxed circles around Provodnikov, and the ring was only 18 feet! To be able to avoid a slugger like Ruslan over 12 rounds in a ring that small is a huge testament to Algeri's ability to control distance and stay disciplined for the entire fight. I'm not saying I think he'll win, but I know he doesn't deserve to be a 13 - 1 underdog. This should be a very entertaining fight. In the promo Algeri explains his style as that of a 'master boxer'.

Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algeri Promo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a Pac fan. Like everything about the guy and how he fights in the ring. That being said, unless Manny gets old in this one, it's a blowout. I don't blame Manny for taking this fight, he is coming off his dominating win over the previously undefeated and #3 P4P Tim Bradley. If Pax is even at 75% he is going to be too fast and throw from too many angles for Algieri. If Pac hasn't slipped significantly, I look for an early to mid rounds stoppage. Chris barely survived the early rounds last time and Mannis much faster and not a plodder like Prod.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Algeri Promo

This is not a huge fight at all. Algeri does not belong in the ring. What a complete waste of time for Manny. How can bob Arum be selling this fight?
    Last edited by Master; 10-24-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is not a huge fight at all. Algeri does not belong in the ring. What a complete waste of time for Manny. How can bob Arum be selling this fight?
    The promo is terrible. One of the worst I've ever seen for a top rated fighter. It's as if the producer of the video knows it's a shit fight too.
    Last edited by Master; 10-24-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not forget Algeri came out of nowhere to beat Pacmans sparring partner. I give this kid no chance to beat one of the all time greats. Say what you will about my man, he can bang and you were seeing Provodnokov 2.0 after the trauma both he and Tim Bradley gave one another. I hate comparing common opponents but Bradley may have actually beat Provodonokov but he sure as hell didn't best Manny either contest, looking especially acolyte in the rematch. Another white hope to sell some tickets. Floyd you may retire undefeated but you sure as hell havent had any tough fights. Not since he beat Chico Corrales at 135. To me that was his best win. Since then he's been ducking so much you would think he was the limbo champion.

Thread Information