Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reverse Engineering Archie Moore and his "Lock" System

Quote Originally Posted by WayneFlint View Post
    BCbud its obvious you aint never spoken to Freddie Roach stop talkin shit youve been called out and exposed. Dont bother posting any more of your opinions unless it accompanys a video of you boxing/proof youve been in a gym/full name so you can clear your name.
    I have spoken with Freddie Roach, look Wayne again I'm going to show everyone how easy it is to beat your "system". Freddie says the best punches are six inches away from the target. It's hard to see a punch that originates from six inches away believe me I've been caught before.
    Now you throw long jabs, and left hooks that you fall backwards unto left leg.
    This how I'd fight you. In your stance put the right glove on the left chin! Now catch the jab! Now place the right hand on the right cheek turning to the left blocking the falling backwards Unto the right leg left hook. Now with the left foot step out to the left getting closer to the target. Now attach the right glove to the right cheek and throw the short left hook pushing off the front foot. Now left hook to the body and back up again (lever punching).
    Unfortunately this is easier said than done against short punches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wayne are you British? Omg it's true we used too hear stories about the British boxers standing upright perpendicular. We thought that this was mere folklore.Sorry but I think our differences maybe cultural where I'm from most of the coaches are Irish there's huge difference in styles believe me. Look at Freddie Roach and Kenny Weldon, Teddy Atlas, Kevin Rooney I myself am Irish. In Irish boxing the technique is to put your head over the left knee this is after stepping out but where in British boxing both feet move at the same time with Roach and Weldon it's one foot at a time this enables you to get low enough to get the head over the knee it's almost bowing. I'd encourage you to look into this further even the punches are different when punching with your head over the knee. Study the Kenny Weldon tapes even better Freddie Roach. Sincerist apologies I meant no offence. Merry Christmas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For all you in the U.K who need advanced training on how to put your head over the left knee go to Scrap an expert on Charley Burley get some training preferably 1-1 with him. the difference between Roach,Kenny and Burley has to do with the positioning of the feet. Weldon is horizontal in positioning of the head so is Roach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEyQhz4B68 Irish inside boxing omg watch this through then watch over all of Kenny Weldon's inside fighting and all of Roach's I've spent many summers at Kenny's gym a lot of us passed through there at one time. Top Irish fighters that I met there were 1. Tex Cobb 2. Tommy Morrison. 3. I worked with Termite Watkins personally until Weldon broke his neck than I went Roach. Believe me Irish inside boxing is no urban legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're just making shit up. I'll be damned if you're a day over 16 and have thrown a single punch in your life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're just making shit up. I'll be damned if you're a day over 16 and have thrown a single punch in your life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=BCBUD;1291497]
    JMS you're obviously getting your jollies baiting me but I'm sure that you're not a boxer 110%. I'm the real deal. JMS your 40 years old who albeit attends a weekly MMA/bjj class. It's obvious by your writings that a coach wouldn't put you inside a ring "it's to bad that aggression is so valued in boxing" or better yet "I'm worried that you might have taken one to many in the dome" no lol a boxer. My old coach used say that being a fighter is 80% no fear and 20% fear. He would've never have put you in the ring.I don't have time for academic articles about stretching leave that up to the trainers. What I do Care about is tricks. Take care JMS Merry Christmas
    Last edited by BCBUD; 12-25-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=BCBUD;1291503]
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    JMS you're obviously getting your jollies baiting me but I'm sure that you're not a boxer 110%. I'm the real deal. JMS your 40 years old who albeit attends a weekly MMA/bjj class. It's obvious by your writings that a coach wouldn't put you inside a ring "it's to bad that aggression is so valued in boxing" or better yet "I'm worried that you might have taken one to many in the dome" no lol a boxer. My old coach used say that being a fighter is 80% no fear and 20% fear. He would've never have put you in the ring.I don't have time for academic articles about stretching leave that up to the trainers. What I do Care about is tricks. Take care JMS Merry Christmas
    Your 17? That explains everything lol.

The funny thing is my style is pressure. I box until I get bored then I start walking the other guy down if he isn't throwing enough. But I do it with defense first. I can walk right at guys and make them miss. I'm aggressive as fuck, its just how i am, but i dont value my aggression half as much as my defense. My defense is the reason I can be agressive in the first place.

Btw there's a difference between being tough and being stupid. Guess which one you are?

And lol at weekly MMA/BJJ. Look man I enjoy talking shop with the actual boxers on this forum. You just get shit wrong constantly then ignore when people correct you.
    Last edited by jms; 12-25-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bcbud you havent shown anyone how to beat my system because you dont know my system and you just reply with jibberish. What ive been trying to say to you is as soon as a guy comes out to box you he is setting you up, surely youve heared of set ups.

When he sets you up he uses a system to do so, same when he defends. Most fighters wont have a system as advanced and complete as this example of archie moore but every fighter has a system.

Dont get me wrong there are times that everyone has to improvise, if you are boxing correctly though then it shouldnt be too often.

If a fight went well for me it was because i established the first punch and used feints to kid them from one setup to the next. If i lost control then i would test his defence by using jabs and feints, hooking off jab & double hooking to body head etc to get him to defend in a predictable fasion as to nail him and establish another punch. And when i did he would go right back into setup phase where one big shot kids him onto the next.
    if you keep him respecting by hitting him with hard ones kid him onto the next and the next, if youve just landed a good punch you know more about and can do more with the situation.

The trick is to have the start of your last big shot look like the start of THIS big shot even though they are different punches, the feint must always load the punches to their fullest potential aswell
    Dont just bodge the feint positioning really think about it and work on them.

If i couldnt box him to establish a punch i would flurry punch with combos put together that take a glove out of the way for the next punch to try and break through his guard and establish
    Control again.

There is a difference between fighting somebody and boxing them, now dont get me wrong maybe not all fighters have a system yet over 20 year ago when i had my first fight i didnt have a system but i have been building a system ever since, adding to it and improving it in the gym all the time.

I suspect others that have been in the fight game as long as me and longer have been doing the same, i would rather overdo the tactical side of my game than underestimate that side of theirs, good luck doing it your way were pound for pound champs randomly try to hit each other and randomly keep winning lol who needs planning. You sound like that retarded 'street fighter' thats never been in the ring but recons he could luck out and accidentally KO any champion at any time. Your boxing dumb dude.
    You aint never boxed man
    I stick to my origional opinion tell as mqny cute storys about freddie roach as you want we

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WayneFlint View Post
    Bcbud you havent shown anyone how to beat my system because you dont know my system and you just reply with jibberish. What ive been trying to say to you is as soon as a guy comes out to box you he is setting you up, surely youve heared of set ups.

When he sets you up he uses a system to do so, same when he defends. Most fighters wont have a system as advanced and complete as this example of archie moore but every fighter has a system.

Dont get me wrong there are times that everyone has to improvise, if you are boxing correctly though then it shouldnt be too often.

If a fight went well for me it was because i established the first punch and used feints to kid them from one setup to the next. If i lost control then i would test his defence by using jabs and feints, hooking off jab & double hooking to body head etc to get him to defend in a predictable fasion as to nail him and establish another punch. And when i did he would go right back into setup phase where one big shot kids him onto the next.
    if you keep him respecting by hitting him with hard ones kid him onto the next and the next, if youve just landed a good punch you know more about and can do more with the situation.

The trick is to have the start of your last big shot look like the start of THIS big shot even though they are different punches, the feint must always load the punches to their fullest potential aswell
    Dont just bodge the feint positioning really think about it and work on them.

If i couldnt box him to establish a punch i would flurry punch with combos put together that take a glove out of the way for the next punch to try and break through his guard and establish
    Control again.

There is a difference between fighting somebody and boxing them, now dont get me wrong maybe not all fighters have a system yet over 20 year ago when i had my first fight i didnt have a system but i have been building a system ever since, adding to it and improving it in the gym all the time.

I suspect others that have been in the fight game as long as me and longer have been doing the same, i would rather overdo the tactical side of my game than underestimate that side of theirs, good luck doing it your way were pound for pound champs randomly try to hit each other and randomly keep winning lol who needs planning. You sound like that retarded 'street fighter' thats never been in the ring but recons he could luck out and accidentally KO any champion at any time. Your boxing dumb dude.
    You aint never boxed man
    I stick to my origional opinion tell as mqny cute storys about freddie roach as you want we
    No amateur boxing is about having a good chin and the ability to scrap and taking a punch to give a punch. It's sounds like your way of fighting is potshots long hard single punches from a distance. I need to be in close inorder to throw right angle punches (arm bent at 90°) in order to get in the upper cut and short left hook and most important against taller fighters the bolo punch or the over hand right. on the inside I can block punches, slip punches and take punches away. I fight in the pocket or what a coach from the U.K called trench fighting. Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is my final post in saddoboxing.com it's not my style of fighting. In conclusion you can jab at me all you want but if that jab doesn't stop me. I'll take it and throw a right hand over the top bomb squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    This is my final post in saddoboxing.com it's not my style of fighting. In conclusion you can jab at me all you want but if that jab doesn't stop me. I'll take it and throw a right hand over the top bomb squad.
    Have you ever sparred someone who actually knows how to jab? If you did you'd know a jab can stop you in your tracks, but the real concern is what's coming after it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and i would jab you high to the forehead to open you up on your way in which would leverage block your overhand right,then feint right, Left hook head n body.

You think i havnt seen hundreds of overhands? Lol stop reading about boxing and go to a gym to learn BCBud you obviously have never boxed good opposition in a real gym.

If you threw the overhand it was because i was jabbing to the chest luring you to pqrry block or counter in an attempt to delayer your defence and make you more predictable to figure you out and put one where your goin.

Any fight is about adapting and having an answer to everything. Cya BCBud

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching a lot of Duran lately and he seemed to follow a lot of pathways on this flowchart, especially as he liked to catch jabs a hell of a lot.

It's funny as there is no 'set play' for defending jab-hook combinations, or hooking of the jab (or off a feinted jab etc).

Both got nailed by similar shots (De Jesus/ Patterson).

If you watch Duran in the rubber match against De Jesus, count the number of jab-hook-cross combinations he throws. Obviously learned something over the years.

It's a good system to work from in parts but not exclusively (flaws noted above). It doesn't account hooks being thrown from further outside as more fighters could manage to do over the years, as athleticism increased.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information