Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner says Manny would be an easy fight for him!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adrien Broner says Manny would be an easy fight for him!

LOLOLOL.... says Manny would be an "easy" fight for him. Also says he wants to fight Manny while Manny is still in his prime. lololol.... the man has gone crazy. But, what other mega payday so close to his weight can he get?

Broner is a very smart man. He apparently is not going to be a boxing lifer. He is under 25. He wants to make as much mega paydays and large paydays before he turns 28 or 30. After that, he is going to go on with his life as something else: either business or some other entrepreneurial venture.

Odd as it sounds, I see Broner opening up chain restaurants, a management company for entertainment or some other ventures. The boy isn't dumb, you know! But, calling out Manny is more than ballsy. And it also shows he can make his fights himself without Haymon advising as Haymon does with most of his fighters.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner says a lot of things, like Floyd, he has an opinion about everything.
    They both talk nonstop and don't seem to realize that they sound like idiots on occasion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner says Manny would be an easy fight for him!

Broner is an idiot child wrapped in a mans body with an incomplete skillset and diarrhea of the mouth. That's been firmly established.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    LOLOLOL.... says Manny would be an "easy" fight for him. Also says he wants to fight Manny while Manny is still in his prime. lololol.... the man has gone crazy. But, what other mega payday so close to his weight can he get?

Broner is a very smart man. He apparently is not going to be a boxing lifer. He is under 25. He wants to make as much mega paydays and large paydays before he turns 28 or 30. After that, he is going to go on with his life as something else: either business or some other entrepreneurial venture.

Odd as it sounds, I see Broner opening up chain restaurants, a management company for entertainment or some other ventures. The boy isn't dumb, you know! But, calling out Manny is more than ballsy. And it also shows he can make his fights himself without Haymon advising as Haymon does with most of his fighters.

I agree with most of the above.

He is making the right moves and his annoying behaviour is his meal ticket and he knows it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is typical of an idiot who will lose it all. He's unfortunately afforded a lifestyle at this point that allows him to continue acting like a child. Trying to get attention, buy friends, influence people and be part of circles that require a lot of maturity to handle in order to avoid becoming strung out or cashed out. Big business is not for guys like this. Simply because he cares too much what or that other people are thinking of him.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    - Bill Cosby
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely. It's easy to see how barely beating Malignaggi, Emmanual Taylor and getting his ass kicked by Maidana has prepared him to make short work of Manny. Broner is quickly becoming irrelevant and he knows it. This is an attempt to get people to talk, but the truth is the guy has squandered his potential and is done...

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

someone shoot him fast before I do.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think way too much is made of Broners marketability or charisma off of his gimmick or fucktardness he leads with. That is only as successful as you are when you have to step up and back it up, shut up and fight. Win when it matters and impressively. So forth and so on. It's transparent now. Up until now, it's all blown up in his face and he has flopped like a fat fish outta water. He's a joke without a punch line.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think way too much is made of Broners marketability or charisma off of his gimmick or fucktardness he leads with. That is only as successful as you are when you have to step up and back it up, shut up and fight. Win when it matters and impressively. So forth and so on. It's transparent now. Up until now, it's all blown up in his face and he has flopped like a fat fish outta water. He's a joke without a punch line.

Look, they don't even want this shit stain in the ghetto!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner has some talent but nowhere near what he thinks he does. Perhaps he shouldn't have moved up in weight but for some reason he thought if he beat Paulie it would make him God of the the boxing world Some boxers pull off the stupid antics well, Ali was great at that, he could cross the line and it would still be funny. Broner is terrible at it. He must be surrounded by yes men who tell him he is hilarious. If Broner takes one or two more beatings ala Maidana he will be a joke and irrelevant.

After the Maidana beating I actually thought he had gained some humility but that was obviously not true, or perhaps it was for half a day. I think Manny landed a barrage of six or seven combos against Bradley, he could probably triple that against Broner. It's just a pipe dream anyway, after Algeri Manny will be back to bigger names. At least Broner has given us someone new to watch hoping he takes the beating of a lifetime. God, what a prick he is.I never want to see a boxer get seriously hurt during a fight but I hate to say I wouldn't mind seeing Broner unconscious, God forgive me.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

After the Maidana beating I actually thought he had gained some humility but that was obviously not true, or perhaps it was for half a day.
    Kinda like Hank Lundy, his 1st loss IMO humbled him. He learned his mouth was more skilled than his boxing abilities.

But we must remember what Broner said of his loss: God wanted it...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be fun to see Manny beat up Floyd sorry I mean Broner.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Broner is an idiot child wrapped in a mans body with an incomplete skillset and diarrhea of the mouth. That's been firmly established.
    That is an accurate description of him.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be a pretty easy night for broner, turn up walk to the ring get knocked out early and go home...

Easy, painful but easy work...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure Broner also said Maidana would be easy
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information