Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does side to side movement work?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does side to side movement work?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    If you dont move the feet with the head, you have to go back to where the movement started, to regain balance of your structure.
    More often than not I get hit standing in front of my opponent. Most importantly I don't like standing in front of a puncher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you dont move the feet with the head, you have to go back to where the movement started, to regain balance of your structure.
    Advice from the great Sugar Ray Leonard on circling http://youtu.be/h9JN80FUO2o?t=31s

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice routine
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice routine
    Great defensive fighter Ronald Wright on the problem of running and why its better to circle than to run.
    http://youtu.be/aiYuq3Anx8I?t=1m57s

Great Larry Holmes better to circle on a big strong aggressive opponent Andre Ward In Ring Demonstration - YouTube

Mayweather catching an opponent off his feet and unbalanced, i've seen fighters get hit hard after being timed leaving the ground http://youtu.be/YqOJp9Wmayo?list=PL1B6F1FC1F202D9FE 2:33

Great Joe Calzaghe why its better to circle http://youtu.be/obrMqMMljNE?list=PL1B6F1FC1F202D9FE

Great Mike McCallum circle to land the (steal) jab to the body http://youtu.be/kMeGnD0zZGI?t=3m31s
    Last edited by BCBUD; 11-06-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are you calling running/taking the feet off the ground side to side movement?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jms View Post
    Why are you calling running/taking the feet off the ground side to side movement?
    Good question I was wondering when somebody was going to ask that question.in the video wright talked about running away from your opponent and he started doing the side to side. I have been hearing that word among trainers more and more as of lately referring to side to side as running.where moving 1 foot at a time is referred to as circling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BCBUD View Post
    Good question I was wondering when somebody was going to ask that question.in the video wright talked about running away from your opponent and he started doing the side to side. I have been hearing that word among trainers more and more as of lately referring to side to side as running.where moving 1 foot at a time is referred to as circling.
    Ok so you're trying to make a distinction between circling (which you believe is good) and side to side movement (which you believe is bad). Would have been a much better thread if you actually communicated that idea from the start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so you're trying to make a distinction between circling (which you believe is good) and side to side movement (which you believe is bad). Would have been a much better thread if you actually communicated that idea from the start.
    I didn't say that you said that! I'm merely comparing the two styles.fact. since I do the side to side if that helps. do you do the side step JMS?
    here's the Ali step off... http://youtu.be/ITk0W8Kl62Y?t=20s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't say that you said that! I'm merely comparing the two styles.fact. since I do the side to side if that helps. do you do the side step JMS?
    Not often, maybe if I need to get out of a corner. I do prefer what you're calling circling most of the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not often, maybe if I need to get out of a corner. I do prefer what you're calling circling most of the time.
    Remember when I was preaching about doing the shoulder whirl to increase power and you said that it won't work... I stopped that. You were right...I'm not a hard ass.
    All I know is side to side and the pendulum, but I'll tell you if your fighting for the center of the ring it's quicker,faster and better to move one foot then to move two. this is what the greats are preaching to us. At least You won't get timed coming off both feet. I agree there's time and place for everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

evasive aggression inside the pocket rolling & blocking with the use of the shoulder fascinating http://youtu.be/9FGpcxXzpms?t=2m44s

Thread Information