I'm sticking by my thought of 3 months ago Default Re: Sergey Kovalev vs. Bernard Hopkins: who wins?

I won't root against Hopkins and have been a fan since he was the snaggle tooth hooded assassin trying to behead people on USA and BET. But I think Kovalev is a dangerous mix of savvy power boxing and unshakable confidence that he has not faced in a very very long time. On physicality alone Hopkins will feel every bit 50 yrs old on heavy legs when he tries the inside wrestling and spinning out for one sniper right hand. Way too much is being pumped up about blasting out and raw power and frankly Kathy Duva needs to stfu. Kovalev doesn't need that false confidence garbage or to short change himself on boxing ability. Power isn't a thing unless you can deliver and set up against a mobile and multi geared guy. Kovalev does these subtle adjustments himself, half steps off double jabs to head-body and never neglects straight punches to the body. He doesn't need or want to load up or frankly aim for the head..just natural sapping type punch and flow to the body, chest and move a guy into position for capper. This isn't a one dimensional Cloud or a self doubting and reluctant Shumenov and equally Kovalev has never been in with the experience and battle plan round table of a boxing mind that is Hopkins, but at the end of the day and Hell freezing over I think Kovalev has what it takes to naturally wear him down with a harsh accumulative effect and capitalize in the exchange Hopkins will be forced into to survive and score a tko over a legend. I hate saying it, but I do believe it.