Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Big Changes in California Drug Laws

California Voters Make Possession of Most Drugs a Misdemeanor Offense - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Curious to see how it affects people currently doing time, as I figure this a way to reduce over-crowding in the prison system.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Big Changes in California Drug Laws

Maher should be good tonight. Curious as to his thoughts on the Dems getting their ass kicked in both houses.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They had that coming. And when nothing at all changes, the other side will get it in 2016. Eventually people will catch on that, no matter who you vote for, the program stays the same.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For personal possession I think felony status was a bit much. Most laws in the US can't be passes expostfacto so it shouldn't effect those already charged but I'm not sure of the wording in this law. I was surprised to see it happened but California is so liberal they get hardons when they think of Fidel Castro.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    For personal possession I think felony status was a bit much. Most laws in the US can't be passes expostfacto so it shouldn't effect those already charged but I'm not sure of the wording in this law. I was surprised to see it happened but California is so liberal they get hardons when they think of Fidel Castro.

Yeah unlike the extremes on that other side that would arrest you for that hard on.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soft drugs should be decriminalised as it is a waste of time and resources for authorities who try to catch users/dealers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Yeah unlike the extremes on that other side that would arrest you for that hard on.
    Just give us circus and bread and we will comply

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possession for personal use should be decriminalized entirely. How many lives have been completely ruined because the person was going to smoke a joint or had a bit of coke for him/her and their friends to do a line at a party. It's fucking ridiculous, it's a waste of money and it's ultimately destructive to society as a whole because you prevent a lot of good, decent people from being productive members of society with nonsense drug charges on their record.

The government and police force are there to protect citizens from threats, not to protect us from ourselves. Go afters the drug cartels and the pushers, leave the common man/addict alone.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said it once and say it again, I've never in all my years seen two stoners murder each other over a bag of Cheetos. The assets, capital and man power wasted in the abomination known as 'the war on drugs' is immeasurable. They-we should have learned our lessons from prohibition but no, that would be to sensible. We use to joke that we didn't want herb legalized because of eventual State and government meddling resulting in inferior strains and prices hitting all time high. If it stays like it is in places like California and Colorado the quality is insane.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I worked as a bouncer for about a year in my mid-20s and when you're talking about the influence of a substance, I'm sure anyone with any bouncing experience would pick dealing with a stoner any time over a drunk or someone using any other drugs. I've never seen anyone get violent under the influence of marijuana. I've seen people turn into savages under the influence of alcohol and cocaine.

Thread Information