Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Your backfoot is your distance, everything starts from there.
    this was said in a different thread. i didnt understand it there and i dont understand it here. so many great fighters do everything from the front foot and to discount them for doing it that way has to be some kind of boxing dogma from some kind of boxing religion that nobody can explain and nobody can understand.
    Yes they can, but not without the backfoot as the measuring stick for distance its about posture and being bipedal, and the thing an inch above the arsehole being your centre of gravity.
    Jack Dempsey had footwork on par with Ali yet in his book everything is done off the front foot. Try pivoting with your entire weight on the back foot. Mayweather was explicit about the ability to pivot. Lastly my heel doesn't have to under my armpit to move.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scrap reccomends pushing down/off in order to punch, how exactly is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    Your backfoot is your distance, everything starts from there.
    this was said in a different thread. i didnt understand it there and i dont understand it here. so many great fighters do everything from the front foot and to discount them for doing it that way has to be some kind of boxing dogma from some kind of boxing religion that nobody can explain and nobody can understand.
    Yes they can, but not without the backfoot as the measuring stick for distance its about posture and being bipedal, and the thing an inch above the arsehole being your centre of gravity.
    Jack Dempsey had footwork on par with Ali yet in his book everything is done off the front foot. Try pivoting with your entire weight on the back foot. Mayweather was explicit about the ability to pivot. Lastly my heel doesn't have to under my armpit to move.
    Im up late tonight got a visitor, former world champ staying the night. Just shown him your thread, He is pissing himself laughing. goodnight
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand that.
    Watch a world class sprinter, Bolt produces 1200 lbs of force, happens when the driving foot becomes his rear foot. What controls all this is the posture of the head in relation to his coxxys, centre of gravity. Plus his Heels never touch the floor.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch a world class sprinter, Bolt produces 1200 lbs of force, happens when the driving foot becomes his rear foot. What controls all this is the posture of the head in relation to his coxxys, centre of gravity. Plus his Heels never touch the floor.
    what does that have to do with measuring distance

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres 1200 Ib of force he creates in a 10th of a second, I think his proprioceptive ability is brilliant,it was in relation to where force comes from, I believe from another poster, who has that many names i thought you were him, sorry .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres 1200 Ib of force he creates in a 10th of a second, I think his proprioceptive ability is brilliant,it was in relation to where force comes from, I believe from another poster, who has that many names i thought you were him, sorry .
    First off the head pops up, so it does move... What you have done is to write it out in prose telling us to push off the back... Big mistake since the head does move which is why Dempsey said to step in from the front foot to keep the head down. study the mechanics/physics of the trebuchet were power and more can be accomplished off the front foot. Plus we could say the front foot is your distance it doesn't mean anything.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    First off the head pops up, so it does move... What you have done is to write it out in prose telling us to push off the back... Big mistake since the head does move which is why Dempsey said to step in from the front foot to keep the head down. study the mechanics/physics of the trebuchet were power and more can be accomplished off the front foot. Plus we could say the front foot is your distance it doesn't mean anything.
    Were talking proprioceptive ability, if you see the relevance.

Thread Information