Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What Era had the Most Talented HeavyWeights?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Era had the Most Talented HeavyWeights?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Slim there's a real lot there to digest in 1 post but basically, holding a poll does nothing.

If 99 ppl out of 100 call red blue, even though it's clearly red on a detector, then that means that 99 ppl are colour blind, not that 99 ppl are right! Politics doesn't determine truth, facts determine proof.

We're not talking politics, we're talking what you and virtually you alone here call facts

Most of my opinions are supported by facts. Where not I state usually it's my opinion.
    Haven't seen them as most here who respond to your posts {in particular} seem to state the same

For instance, I KNOW WK has faced the most quality real HW's of any boxer. Because he has faced the most 200+ opponents for a start. Key sentence here is (I KNOW), once again your opinion

Of these, he has faced more non-bummy opponents (those that have not lost a significant ratio of their fights, they have BETTER records than the opponents of any other boxer in total.
    Alot a fighters have great records, but that doenst mean they were quality opponents.

And these opponents achieved their records by competing with heavier and higher quality boxers in turn. In other words the WORTHINESS of the wins of these opponents (the opponents opponents of Wladimir) was better as well!
    Because they were heavier? I will agree with the others who responded to this point about heavier makes better.
    Your posts started off strong but got progressively worse as they continued.
    When in doubt don't down just the post, down the person who posted...But I admit I feel all off your posts start of weak and get weaker, that is why I dont initiate posts with you, I respond to your posts.

One of the last decent laughs was about modern guys fighting for the purse these days and without heart. LEt me tell you that nobody becomes a professional boxer by necessity today, they really WANT to be there! This is a BLOOD SPORT! A pro boxer is an elite fighting machine, nothing less and they are there to WIN!

You should watch Morrade Hakkar vs Bhop and tell us if Hakkar had heart. I could name ten more, but it appears you only respect your own opinions

Past times boxers were expected to be "entertainers" as well, winning was LESS important to them (IN MY OPINION, which makes intuitive sense). Because it was THOSE guys fighting more for the purse than any other because they needed the cash to bloody EAT!
    I Agree, somewhat..

When you mentioned bum Billy Conn vs Joe Louis as some sort of proof, it became unreadable.
    I mentioned Billy Conn because you mentioned Joe Louis as one of the few to fight monsters, so I proved that Billy the bum...beat Joe so bad that Joe Louis son described the fight as a beating his pop took.

Joe Louis himself said to Conn..when Conn said you could've let me win and I'd given you a rematch.
    To which Joe Louis responded, why? You had the belt for 13 rounds.
    So yes it is laughable that you give credit to Joe Louis a few posts before, then when I talk of a fighter who boxed him well until the KO...you down that fighter as a bum and said my post became undreadable, well no problem I like most here feel similar about your posts
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 12-16-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Thread Information