Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

    I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

    Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

    And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    474
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    I don't think so. Floyd values money more than legacy, and he has made plenty. He wants to keep the undefeated streak more than searching for the biggest fights/wins available. He can live with that, knowing that his fans will come up with every excuse imaginable and try to deflect, so what does he really lose? When he isn't ranked as high as he feels he should be (TBE), he will cry about the haters and probably blame race (even though the guy has made more homophobic and racist statements than any other top athlete in recent memory). I have to add though: I think he will go down, without a doubt, as one of the top skilled boxers ever. I have him, skill wise, right there with Sweet Pea, Hearns, Hagler, Toney, Hopkins, Ricardo Lopez, Rigo...etc. The guy is talented, but his boxing mind and skills/knowledge of the sport is more impressive to me.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,157
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    359
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Pbf imo either is too vein or too simple to care.

    Owner of this thread could be proven right if historians pump up Bradley, Rios & Jmm as having the balls to do what Pbf didnt': fight Pac

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    432
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Obviously you guy haven't seen him make a scene over a women not knowing who he was. It doesn't like to show it but yes it bothers him he has a big ego and deep down its going to bother for him forever.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    But it was Pacquiao that ducked Floyd by refusing the testing!

    Floyd can spend the rest of his life satisfied with the knowledge that he did the right thing by not fighting a drug using cheat.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    474
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

    I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

    Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

    And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,659
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

    I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

    Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

    And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...
    Thanks Mike, you said it more clearly than I.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    474
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

    I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

    Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

    And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...
    Thanks Mike, you said it more clearly than I.
    Man, I usually try to stay away from the trio that makes these inconsistent posts because we will never agree. It will constantly go in circles and they will constantly shift/deflect the conversation once their bias starts really coming out. The past two days have been crazy though. A couple of the guys who usually post pretty decent points are sounding almost exactly like the two who are obvious trolls. Anyways, it keeps the forum interesting and everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just haven't seen guys write paragraphs out that so blatantly contradict themselves...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

    I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

    Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

    And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...
    Thanks Mike, you said it more clearly than I.
    Floyd is perfectly within his rights to make demands while negotiating the terms of a fight.
    Every fighter is allowed to do this. If the opponents don't reach an agreement then there should be no fight.
    It's quite simple.
    It's not a double standard.
    Floyd isn't getting away with anything. He's simply stating that the condition for him to fight Pacquiao was for there to be random testing.

    How can you disagree with that @mikeeod @walrus ? Where's the controversy?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...
    Well I said in my post that I think cortisone should be banned, but my opinion is irrelevant because it's technically legal. Yeah, if someone does something within the rules, it generally falls under the category of "OK".

    I gave you good reason as to why a fighter might require additional testing: the athletic commissions have a long history of not catching cheats.

    On the subject of extracurricular demands, didn't Manny demand that with every pound Mayweather way weigh in over the limit, Floyd would have to fork over 5 million dollars, or something along those lines? So don't act like Floyd was the only one trying to dictate terms.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Thanks Mike, you said it more clearly than I.
    Don't thank him. He insinuated there was some kind of hypocrisy in engaging in an activity that was within the rules and demanding that the commission do more to bust people from engaging in activity that is against the rules.

    It's a non-point raised by a moron.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    474
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...
    Well I said in my post that I think cortisone should be banned, but my opinion is irrelevant because it's technically legal. Yeah, if someone does something within the rules, it generally falls under the category of "OK".

    I gave you good reason as to why a fighter might require additional testing: the athletic commissions have a long history of not catching cheats.

    On the subject of extracurricular demands, didn't Manny demand that with every pound Mayweather way weigh in over the limit, Floyd would have to fork over 5 million dollars, or something along those lines? So don't act like Floyd was the only one trying to dictate terms.
    Let me try and break it down Barney style for you, as I can see you are getting even more poopy pants as your bias becomes more apparent. The rules are: numbing injections for the hands allowed and no usage of PEDs with a specific testing criteria to ensure that each boxer has remained "clean". Both of those are ok. By your definition, boxers adhering to both of those sets of criteria are ok. So, Floyd was in the wrong for trying to impart greater/different criteria on Manny, which made the fight fall apart. Beyond this argument though, I seem to remember Manny agreeing to the testing stipulations and Floyd still balking at the fight.
    Last edited by mikeeod; 11-17-2014 at 06:26 AM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Floyd is perfectly within his rights to make demands while negotiating the terms of a fight.
    Every fighter is allowed to do this. If the opponents don't reach an agreement then there should be no fight.
    It's quite simple.
    It's not a double standard.
    Floyd isn't getting away with anything. He's simply stating that the condition for him to fight Pacquiao was for there to be random testing.

    How can you disagree with that @mikeeod @walrus ? Where's the controversy?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,502
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Regardless of the undefeated record, the millions of dollars made, or whose at fault for the fight not happening, the fact is that it didn't happen. I believe this will irritate Floyd despite what he says.
    Floyd does not care either way.

    He is minted with or without pacman.

    Bob blames floyd and floyd blames bob.

    If pac never signed another contract with bob then it would have happened but pac chose bob...over floyd.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    5,502
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

    Remember floyd is on the A side and can demand what he wants...

    Drug testing for both fighters should NOT have been an issue.

    Oscar told floyd how high to jump and floyd obeyed and STILL beat him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Roger Mayweather: I think Pacquaio-Floyd will happen in May
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 06:59 PM
  2. Floyd to take 2 years off to rest...again?
    By Gandalf in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 08:48 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 02:36 AM
  4. Zab vs Floyd Talk - Put it to rest???
    By YounGun in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing