Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

Regardless of the undefeated record, the millions of dollars made, or whose at fault for the fight not happening, the fact is that it didn't happen. I believe this will irritate Floyd despite what he says.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

undefeated my asshole, castillo beat floyd and so did maidana in the first fight. floyd dont care about legacy. he wants that green and will do anything to keep his fake ass undefeated record. including paying off refs/judges and staying in vegas!!! LAME.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    undefeated my asshole, castillo beat floyd and so did maidana in the first fight. floyd dont care about legacy. he wants that green and will do anything to keep his fake ass undefeated record. including paying off refs/judges and staying in vegas!!! LAME.
    Hahahaha! I'm sure your assholes been defeated plenty. Offered up voluntarily even.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd not fighting Pacquaio will bother him for the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Hahahaha! I'm sure your assholes been defeated plenty. Offered up voluntarily even.
    leave his asshole alone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol maidana beat floyd ? I cannot take your serious with statements like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If floyd don't fight pacman it will be what's he's most remembered for IMO it will overshadow everything he has accomplished in the ring. I'm a huge floyd fan but if that fight don't happen I blame floyd more than pacman and arum.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh it comes down on both guys. People love to take sides, I say BOTH guys were prima donna douche bags and BOTH guys cheated the boxing world out of what would have been the most important fight of this generation. Even if they do fight, it won't be the same. In 2009-2010, both guys were firing on all cylinders. Now Pacquiao has been brutally KO'd and Floyd has shown signs of slowing down with age. The opportunity was missed and it can't be recaptured.

But in the end, Floyd went on to stay undefeated and make record-setting purses. Pacquiao dropped two in a row, including a brutal KO loss, and went into financial crisis. In the end, Manny needed the fight more than Floyd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...and Pacquioa's accomplishments will always be suspect because he refused PED testing for lame reasons, and threw away $50 million in the process.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 11-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there can be any question in any reasonable mind that Pac was dodging the drug test. There was that whole issue of his camp contacting Floyd's camp and asking 1. What the penalty of testing positive would be and 2. If a positive test could be hidden from the public to preserve the integrity of the fight and of boxing. Doesn't sound like questions a non-PED user would ask. I find it kind of curious, too, that since those PED allegations came out, Manny (who had like 4 or 5 brutal knockouts leading up to it) hasn't scored a stoppage since. Almost like something changed... but again that's just conjecture.

People dogged Floyd hard for proposing olympic style drug testing, asking who the fuck he was to demand such outrageous testing, but history shows that he was ahead of his time because now the NSAC has started randomly drug testing the athletes and they've been busting a ton of people for abusing PEDs and testosterone replacement therapy, which has now been banned. It's a big reason IMO why you see certain guys who don't fight in Vegas anymore.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
    HAHA.... that's a pretty poor excuse.

Fact of the matter is Floyd was the one who brought the big money to the table. Without him Manny couldn't earn anywhere near the same payday. So it's his right to dictate one simple term.

Floyd is the clean fighter and knew Manny was dirty. So his one term was that the fight be fair and that there be random PED testing. Manny couldn't agree to that because he is a cheat.

Floyd knows, like all reasonable and intelligent people know that the testing for boxers in inadequate and that fighters are being allowed to fight while using an assortment of PEDs. He's the one putting his life on the line and if he has the power to say "I'm not willing to chance my health to fight a guy I know is cheating" then more power to him.

If Pacquiao wasn't cheating then there would have been no problem with the increased testing leading up to the fight. In fact, he and Mayweather would have been heralded as leaders -- voluntarily working together as the two highest P4P fighters trying to clean up the sport. Manny threw that and $50 million away!

It's really quite simple. A cheat is a cheat.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 11-16-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd cheats every fight numbing his hands. He should have an asterisk next to his name in the hof. Fact is, acceptable testing is acceptable. I would have told Floyd to go screw as well. I give Manny credit for not allowing Floyd to add stipulations.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.
    So, if I understand your point of view, it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands because it is legal in Vegas, but the legally required PED testing that Manny agreed to follow isn't good enough? So basically, Floyd should just dictate terms to other fighters and it is fair. Whatever he comes up with, it is fair. Floyd is bigger than the Nevada Athletic Committee. In your unbiased opinion it is ok for Floyd to numb his hands as is allowed by Nevada, but it isn't ok/good enough for Manny to subject himself to the tests as required by Nevada. Seems like a logical and unbiased argument. Great point...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Regardless of the undefeated record, the millions of dollars made, or whose at fault for the fight not happening, the fact is that it didn't happen. I believe this will irritate Floyd despite what he says.
    Floyd does not care either way.

He is minted with or without pacman.

Bob blames floyd and floyd blames bob.

If pac never signed another contract with bob then it would have happened but pac chose bob...over floyd.

Thread Information