Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Manny agreed to the standard drug testing that all boxers go through pre and post fight. Screw Floyd for adding stipulations, his hands are loaded with cortisone, that to me is cheating.
I agree that cortisone should be banned, but in Vegas it isn't so what can you do?

I don't fault Floyd for adding that drug testing because the AC's have a horrible record of catching cheats and protecting athletes. So many guys have gone through careers without testing positive for PEDs, then the FBI busts a steroid ring and finds their names all over receipts for steroids. Using for years and never caught. Then you have guys like Tito and Margarito who tried to bring in doctored gloves, and would have got away with it had they not been caught by Naazim Richardson. Then you have a guy like Resto who used doctored gloves to nearly kill a guy, and would have gotten away with it if Billy Collin's dad hadn't caught Resto after the fight.

Taking steroids to run faster or jump higher is one thing, but when you're using them to aid you in trying to beat someone unconscious, that's another thing. Can't blame guys like Floyd who wanted to make sure the playing field was even.

And of course he had good reason to put it in place, because he knew Manny was cheating.