Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default need your opinion

Hello gentleman. I need your assistance. I was already to get the fight this Saturday but after discussing finances with my wife I am going to have to make a concession. Since I took on an extra job I want to purchase a new watch ( I collect watches and have a Rolex, a movado, a 1940 US biblical and a few others. I need to decide over the fight or a new watch. I'm not talking Rolex this time, maybe a nice Seiko or something. What do you think, I could try to watch a free stream of the fight or catch it on the replay but being a pactard I've been thinking about this fight for weeks.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: need your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Hello gentleman. I need your assistance. I was already to get the fight this Saturday but after discussing finances with my wife I am going to have to make a concession. Since I took on an extra job I want to purchase a new watch ( I collect watches and have a Rolex, a movado, a 1940 US biblical and a few others. I need to decide over the fight or a new watch. I'm not talking Rolex this time, maybe a nice Seiko or something. What do you think, I could try to watch a free stream of the fight or catch it on the replay but being a pactard I've been thinking about this fight for weeks.
    Buy the fight. Delay the watch.
    Streams are well and good but if it's a fight you are really interested in then I'd just buy it.

Is Tam's fight PPV then?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get the fight. In my experience, women like fights and enjoy watching their men folk watch boxing. Even on their birthdays, and in lieu of celebrations of said birthdays.
    The one true love of my life was born on 11/13 and, right after the Bowe/Holyfield fight in 1992 I took her to a nice place.(Her sister was tending bar and we got free drinks) We are still Facebook friends.
    Boxing comes first. Always.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I say boxing first, but I'm biased because I'm not a fan of watches. Never wore them, never would.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buy a breitling as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Yeah I say boxing first, but I'm biased because I'm not a fan of watches. Never wore them, never would.
    Every man needs one nice watch.

I have a nice sub C.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a multi coloured plastic Casio.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure I have the time for this Let me check my watch. Oops I don't own one. Had a Timex when I was a kid. It was 9.99 waterproof and I wore it swimming all the way to my bronze cross. After that I never felt knowing the time all the time important. Life is to short a time to take a second job in order to by a watch.

Buy the time piece. There will be a lot of links with different speed rates. Get yourself an HD video card and plug the pc into the TV. I'm assuming your tv has an HD plug. Just have another link ready as backup.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

I have a nice sub C.

Meh, it's just overpriced man jewelry. Everyone just looks at their iPhone now if they want to know what time it is.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

I have a nice sub C.
    T
    Meh, it's just overpriced man jewelry. Everyone just looks at their iPhone now if they want to know what time it is.
    I refuse to buy an I phone, my phone doesn't even have the internet, but it does tell time.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rado is my preferred watch.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Not sure I have the time for this Let me check my watch. Oops I don't own one. Had a Timex when I was a kid. It was 9.99 waterproof and I wore it swimming all the way to my bronze cross. After that I never felt knowing the time all the time important. Life is to short a time to take a second job in order to by a watch.

Buy the time piece. There will be a lot of links with different speed rates. Get yourself an HD video card and plug the pc into the TV. I'm assuming your tv has an HD plug. Just have another link ready as backup.
    @IamInuit

Will a HD card improve the picture quality?
    I stream a fair bit, have no problem with lagging, and hook my laptop up to the TV, but the picture quality is always a bit shaky. Hence I only stream fights I'm not hugely fussed about.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm confused but that's been known to happen. Does she not want you spending money at all or just the $60+ for the fight? I'd look for a link and not pay a dime for this fight, but you already have more watches than you have wrists to wear them on as well. Grab some Chinese and a bottle of wine with the Mrs

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=IamInuit;1282380]
    Quote Originally Posted by
    [/QUOTE

Not sure I have the time for this Let me check my watch. Oops I don't own one.

and funny too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

@IamInuit

Will a HD card improve the picture quality?
    I stream a fair bit, have no problem with lagging, and hook my laptop up to the TV, but the picture quality is always a bit shaky. Hence I only stream fights I'm not hugely fussed about.

I don't seem to have issues but at times I try to find the best and switch feeds a fair bit. I don't get the same speeds as southern areas on this continent so some HD stuff really breaks up.I don't like to play with the telie resolution to much or it screws things up for normal viewing depending on
    the activity. It is hit and miss. I'm thinking on buying a cheap television just to use as a monitor for fights. The last ppv I bought was Hopkins/Tito

Thread Information