Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dirrell, Groves and Degale.

Which Dirrell?

I think it will be De Gale by the end of their career.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If all 3 fight each other (and I hope) so, you won't read my posts downing the loser.

All 3 are talented & skilled.

I was fortunate enough to have seen Andre Dirrell fight live. The guy is a pure joy to watch in terms of his hand speed and like Ray Leonard he has very underrated power.

He doesn't have a lot of knockouts because he was fighting the best by his 18th fight. Guys IMO who can take punches.

Man, I am so glad AD dumped Curtis 5 dimes Jackson...now lets hope their promoters will let us find out who is the best between those three- Because you named the best!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DeGale would beat either of them at this point I think, he deserved the decision against Groves the first time and seems to have come along since then, would stop him in a rematch imo.

I'm assuming you meant Anthony Dirrell, his brother is still the much more talented and skilled fighter but a real question mark upstairs to me. Ever since the Abraham fight, whether there was even an injury or not, he's suspect. Would have to see him win a real fight to rate him highly again, matchups vs DeGale or Groves would be very interesting and winnable though. There is no question he is the fastest and most dexterous guy in the division to me, he really has some matrix like counters when he lets his hands go, it's just a matter of whether he wants to do that or will fight scared.

He beat Carl Froch no matter what anyone says to me, it was a garbage stinkfest but if you score it as a boxing match there is literally no way to give it to Carl. I'd challenge anyone to defend scoring it that way, only I wouldn't wish watching that again on anyone either.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it probably fair to say that groves has the best punching power?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

I'm not sure, aside from the first Froch fight where he was landing perfectly, he hasn't looked to hit harder than DeGale to me. I really think Froch might have just been a little off and caught cold that night, at no point did Groves really hurt him in the rematch and he still landed some flush shots.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

I'm not sure, aside from the first Froch fight where he was landing perfectly, he hasn't looked to hit harder than DeGale to me. I really think Froch might have just been a little off and caught cold that night, at no point did Groves really hurt him in the rematch and he still landed some flush shots.
    Groves right hand does have power.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre Dirrell

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    DeGale would beat either of them at this point I think, he deserved the decision against Groves the first time and seems to have come along since then, would stop him in a rematch imo.

I'm assuming you meant Anthony Dirrell, his brother is still the much more talented and skilled fighter but a real question mark upstairs to me. Ever since the Abraham fight, whether there was even an injury or not, he's suspect. Would have to see him win a real fight to rate him highly again, matchups vs DeGale or Groves would be very interesting and winnable though. There is no question he is the fastest and most dexterous guy in the division to me, he really has some matrix like counters when he lets his hands go, it's just a matter of whether he wants to do that or will fight scared.

He beat Carl Froch no matter what anyone says to me, it was a garbage stinkfest but if you score it as a boxing match there is literally no way to give it to Carl. I'd challenge anyone to defend scoring it that way, only I wouldn't wish watching that again on anyone either.

Come on man.

He didn't deserve the nod at all, he was narrowly outpointed fairly and maybe if he wasnt such a tool in the build up the judges maybe have given him it.

Not only that but only in his last fight has he shown any sort of improvements he spent the few years after that fight fightin bum in snoozefests.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information