Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Sr. the REASON...

Eubank Jr. lost last night. What in the world was he doing in the corner in the early rounds? WTH? What arrogance.... and dressed in a suit to boot? GTHOOH!!!

Eubank came on strong in the latter stages, but Saunders was already ahead on points and was in a position to lose a few rounds if he split from round 6 to 12, or even won 2 of the last 6 rounds.

Terrible strategy. Plus, Eubank looked taken aback by the spotlight just a little bit. Good win for Saunders, because I did not think he had it- but has more pedigree than I gave him credit for.

Eubank Jr. let that one slip away. He will regret it for the rest of his life. He had all the tools to win, but just started too late and wasn't working hard enough.

The Eubank from round 6 and on, if he had poured that on in round 2, at least, he would have won that easily if he had kept up the pressure.

But, like the other Chris, Algieri, his trainer didn't let him out of his cage early enough.

DISSAPOINTED IN THE EUBANK CLAN!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Sr. the REASON...

Why will he regret this for the rest of his life? If Saunders goes onto win a world title he will have only lost to a world class fighter in his first step up, and lost in a very close fight. Saunders has also said if he wins he will defent it against Eubank. By that logic Eubank has got himself into title contention without doing anything. Not much to regret there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's so weird being on a British boxing forum because these names get thrown around like they're relevant haha.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Eubank Jr. lost last night. What in the world was he doing in the corner in the early rounds? WTH? What arrogance.... and dressed in a suit to boot? GTHOOH!!!

Eubank came on strong in the latter stages, but Saunders was already ahead on points and was in a position to lose a few rounds if he split from round 6 to 12, or even won 2 of the last 6 rounds.

Terrible strategy. Plus, Eubank looked taken aback by the spotlight just a little bit. Good win for Saunders, because I did not think he had it- but has more pedigree than I gave him credit for.

Eubank Jr. let that one slip away. He will regret it for the rest of his life. He had all the tools to win, but just started too late and wasn't working hard enough.

The Eubank from round 6 and on, if he had poured that on in round 2, at least, he would have won that easily if he had kept up the pressure.

But, like the other Chris, Algieri, his trainer didn't let him out of his cage early enough.

DISSAPOINTED IN THE EUBANK CLAN!!!
    I had 116-115 for Eubank.

But in no way would I say that Saunders did not deserve to win. It was a close fight, very close fight. Saunders amatuer pedigree got him through, he was pecking and poking and more accurate.

Eubank Jnr seemed obsessed with the uppercut but really good fight.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I smell Frank Warren's dirty little mits all over this. The excuse to downplay the Eubank loss was there prior- if he loses, he will have lost to a world class fighter.

Does anyone REALLY think that Saunders has a chance to beat any top MW out there- Golovkin, Murray, Koborov, Quillen or Cotto??

Eubank still has up to go, but he lost a fight when he did not need to. Eubank Sr. should stay out of his corner.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It's so weird being on a British boxing forum because these names get thrown around like they're relevant haha.
    Being on a British forum they are relevant you massive Canadian tool.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I smell Frank Warren's dirty little mits all over this. The excuse to downplay the Eubank loss was there prior- if he loses, he will have lost to a world class fighter.

Does anyone REALLY think that Saunders has a chance to beat any top MW out there- Golovkin, Murray, Koborov, Quillen or Cotto??

Eubank still has up to go, but he lost a fight when he did not need to. Eubank Sr. should stay out of his corner.
    Saunders could beat Korobov who isnt that good. Murray would be a very close fight with Murray slight fav. Golovkin would destroy him. He could beat Quillin if he can handle his power. Cotto is an interesting fight but id say Cotto is too good for him but given his age and not being a natural MW it could be tough for him. Ive said for a while that I though Saunders was the best in England and that was a while back when Macklin, Barker and MUrray were all seen as a class ahead of him.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Saunders could beat Korobov who isnt that good. Murray would be a very close fight with Murray slight fav. Golovkin would destroy him. He could beat Quillin if he can handle his power. Cotto is an interesting fight but id say Cotto is too good for him but given his age and not being a natural MW it could be tough for him. Ive said for a while that I though Saunders was the best in England and that was a while back when Macklin, Barker and MUrray were all seen as a class ahead of him.
    I see Macklin and Barker giving him a good scrap he may win on points. I see him being outpointed by Koborov, who is a far better boxer than Eubank.

I see him knocked out by everyone else you mentioned. Cold stopped!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

I see Macklin and Barker giving him a good scrap he may win on points. I see him being outpointed by Koborov, who is a far better boxer than Eubank.

I see him knocked out by everyone else you mentioned. Cold stopped!
    Quillin was outboxed by Ndam and Rosado and neither are as good a boxer as Saunders. Korobov was poor in his last fight against a far lesser opponent then Saunders. Saunders would likely be fav against Lee and Lee isnt that big a dog v Korobov. He needs more fights at European level before making the step up to world level in my opinion but I do think he is capable of getting a world title

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Hey, if your country gets this excited about two guys who aren't even top 20 in their divisions, good for you guys.

Relevant? Yeah, I guess if have nothing else to hang onto. I'm not really convinced that GGG, Cotto, Quillin, or hell, even Jermain Taylor are shaking in their boots because of these two bums.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right I just watched that fight again with no sound and I honestly think the wrong guy won the fight. You obviously can't say it's a terrible decision because it was a close fight and a SD. Can some one please tell me what was Saunders best round ? I gave him 4 of the 1st 5 rounds but the 1st 5 rounds were very close Saunders might just of edged 4 of them but didn't see him dominate 1 single round last night, the rounds jr won were clear wins IMO of course. Also the 12th was a joke why did the ref jump in and give jr a telling off just as Saunders was in serious trouble ? Anyway seen the fight two times now and both times think eubank won but he was the challenger and there is that BS saying you got to rip the title from the champion but if there's a rematch I expect jr to be a big favourite

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched it again and thought Billy Joe won but could make a case for the draw. Jr was simply much bigger/stronger but utterly clueless about what to do. If he gets a proper trainer I'd back Jr to improve past Billy Joe and win a rematch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank won.

Its such a shame he has to live with a loss now but if they do rematch Chris will start where he left off. More relaxed and letting his hands go in combinations.

Saunders maybe won two rounds after the 4th. He lost the 5th and 6th and 12th for sure. It should have been a draw if anything.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was trading it last night and still have my scorecard on me. I gave Saunders the 1st 5 and the 10th and 11th. Rounds 4,5,6,11 were close. I had it 115-113 to Saunders. I feel the people awarding Eubanks the fight are scoring rounds for Eubanks for simply throwing punches.

Id also like to point out when I score fights Im generous to the fighter we have laid so I was generous to Eubank here.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Hey, if your country gets this excited about two guys who aren't even top 20 in their divisions, good for you guys.

Relevant? Yeah, I guess if have nothing else to hang onto. I'm not really convinced that GGG, Cotto, Quillin, or hell, even Jermain Taylor are shaking in their boots because of these two bums.
    This is just stupid. What country's fans dont get excited when two of their prospects fight?
    Last edited by Silkeyjoe; 11-30-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Information