Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Max powerism 101:

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Can't we just get to the thick of things...? Which is that Max Power's whole argument is that the new fighters have better science and diet a drugs over the older fighters. That, combined with the technique gained by the advancements made by the older fighters, leads us to the conclusion that ALL NEW fighters are better than ALL OLD fighters.
    There's no need for further discussion in his part. That's his entire argument.

Newer is better. Period!

And yet he continues to make post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post post after post after post after post about the same fucking point.

It's senseless and it's stupid and it's wrong!!!!!
    You do the exact same thing with Manny you knucklehead.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought the majority were in agreement that the last few years has been the worse HW division ever?

Bores the shit out of me, plodding slow rounds, no big risks taken,no heart.

I can appreciate WK like I could that German who perfected just a few moves around a very tight defense fuck what was his name that guy who ko'ed Mundine then retired unbeaten. Spen Oktte.
    I had my head on Oktte Urkal for a second,poor bastard I shouldnt even have his name in the same paragraph as Spen, Urkal was an exciting hard hitting fighter who put it all on the line.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good ol' max power. always trying to make the same arguments about the HW division today being really good. talks about guys like chagaev and ibromigov as if they are ATGs. if these HWs were as good as he says, the HW division would be super popular today in the US. people in the US arent as bad as others make them out to be. we like fighters from different countries and they can just as easily be our favorite fighters as a foreigner can be. if the division were that good, it would be popular and wlad would be a big name. if wlad were american, i dont think that things would change too much.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He is wrong period.

Wlad has been unbeaten in 10 years because the division is the worst it has ever been. The vast majority of challengers are so far below the standard 1990's that he has remained champion for so long. Wlad is a great heavyweight champion and a good role model but he does not clinically knock out fighters until he is 100% they have no resistance. He takes 10 rounds when it should be 5. He has a vulnerable chin and that is why he fights the way he does with excessive holding.

Better science my ass.
    He CAN and DID knock out fighters much quicker and more aggressively in the past, look at the record, watch the fights!

Trouble is his opposition got much better and much more dangerous. He probably still could waste most of them anyway but why would he want to take more damage in the process when he can do it without it? And why would he increase his chance of losing to show off? He completely dissects his opponents, then knocks them out. Safely! That is smart science of boxing whether you have a strong chin or a weak one!

Let's say he has the weakest chin of all time (which is wrong but let's have it your way for now Master), basically your admitting that he is so unbelievably good that he can be successful in the hardest hitting and heaviest era ever on record for 10 years straight with a glass jaw.

LOL Which is it?

Well over in Europe, they consider the 90's a bum era. I have heard many Slavic posters make this claim with decent arguments too! Nationally biased? NO DOUBT!

The truth is, the 90's, 00's and now the 10's were VERY COMPARABLE!

Average boxer weight in Holyfield/Lewis era 220lbs. Average boxer weight in Klitschko (combined) era, 225lbs. Similar records. Look similarly good on film. Sorry but I personally see no clear advantage of either era!
    Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield from 1990’s v your top 4 2010?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    good ol' max power. always trying to make the same arguments about the HW division today being really good. talks about guys like chagaev and ibromigov as if they are ATGs. if these HWs were as good as he says, the HW division would be super popular today in the US. people in the US arent as bad as others make them out to be. we like fighters from different countries and they can just as easily be our favorite fighters as a foreigner can be. if the division were that good, it would be popular and wlad would be a big name. if wlad were american, i dont think that things would change too much.
    REALLY?

Watch Ibragimov whack out your big Lance Whitaker, then tell me he isn't no good, or Ruslan outbox the 7'2" 320lb Valuev for 12 rounds and tell me he isn't no good.

Before you can be taken seriously at all, I need you to first complete this little questionnaire...

Where are you from?
    What colour are you?
    Are you a writer or in any position where you might profit somehow by making such claims (socially or financially?

Do you think European fans would feel the same way as you? That your black and white American greats were class acts, drunkenly falling around the ring with each other but their own boxers now are garbage? BS
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is wrong period.

Wlad has been unbeaten in 10 years because the division is the worst it has ever been. The vast majority of challengers are so far below the standard 1990's that he has remained champion for so long. Wlad is a great heavyweight champion and a good role model but he does not clinically knock out fighters until he is 100% they have no resistance. He takes 10 rounds when it should be 5. He has a vulnerable chin and that is why he fights the way he does with excessive holding.

Better science my ass.
    He CAN and DID knock out fighters much quicker and more aggressively in the past, look at the record, watch the fights!

Trouble is his opposition got much better and much more dangerous. He probably still could waste most of them anyway but why would he want to take more damage in the process when he can do it without it? And why would he increase his chance of losing to show off? He completely dissects his opponents, then knocks them out. Safely! That is smart science of boxing whether you have a strong chin or a weak one!

Let's say he has the weakest chin of all time (which is wrong but let's have it your way for now Master), basically your admitting that he is so unbelievably good that he can be successful in the hardest hitting and heaviest era ever on record for 10 years straight with a glass jaw.

LOL Which is it?

Well over in Europe, they consider the 90's a bum era. I have heard many Slavic posters make this claim with decent arguments too! Nationally biased? NO DOUBT!

Average boxer weight in Holyfield/Lewis era 220lbs. Average boxer weight in Klitschko (combined) era, 225lbs. Similar records. Look similarly good on film. Sorry but I personally see no clear advantage of either era!
    Wladimir Klitschko
    Vitali Klitschko
    David Haye
    Bermane Stiverne.

You picked 4 boxers from a span of 10 years, I picked 4 from a span of 4 years. And I see no clear dominance I'm sorry!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I actually thought the majority were in agreement that the last few years has been the worse HW division ever?

Bores the shit out of me, plodding slow rounds, no big risks taken,no heart.

I can appreciate WK like I could that German who perfected just a few moves around a very tight defense fuck what was his name that guy who ko'ed Mundine then retired unbeaten. Spen Oktte.
    I had my head on Oktte Urkal for a second,poor bastard I shouldnt even have his name in the same paragraph as Spen, Urkal was an exciting hard hitting fighter who put it all on the line.
    You make the mistake of so many by comparing modern HW's with Cruiserweights of the past that were CALLED HW's then.

In general, OF COURSE a 210lb boxer is going to be faster than a 250lb one.
    In general, OF COURSE a 210lb boxer is going to be capable of more movement and punch output than a 250lb one.

If that's what you regard as being good quality boxing Andre, then I am sorry to say, but the HW's are ONLY going to get bigger and this situation is never going back to the way you liked it.

Therefore hold on to that old DVD collection, because it'll never be seen again.

OR you could get acquainted with the Cruiserweight division

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before you can be taken seriously at all, I need you to first complete this little questionnaire...

Where are you from?
    What colour are you?

Are you a writer or in any position where you might profit somehow by making such claims (socially or financially?

Do you think European fans would feel the same way as you? That your black and white American greats were class acts, drunkenly falling around the ring with each other but their own boxers now are garbage? BS
    HaAHHAHahaHHAHahaHa!
    oh... @Max Power!
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 12-12-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent post, and I'll break down the reasons why:

He is wrong period.

Wlad has been unbeaten in 10 years because the division is the worst it has ever been.
    Damn right. Let's quit pussy-footing around this point and call a spade a spade. There's been slow periods in HW, but nothing like the absolute trash there is today.

The vast majority of challengers are so far below the standard 1990's that he has remained champion for so long.
    Ditto. See above.

Wlad is a great heavyweight champion and a good role model
    Someone who's just hating doesn't call the fighter "a great heavyweight champion". No one is trying to totally discredit Wlad. But again... let's be real here. I've said the same thing for years.

but he does not clinically knock out fighters until he is 100% they have no resistance.
    PRE-FRIGGING-CISELY!!! Most telling fact of all. Wlad takes zero risks. ZERO. And before the certain "blah-blah-blah" about how boxers aren't supposed to take risks....... WRONG. If it was all about not taking any risks, they wouldn't step into the ring at all, would they.

He takes 10 rounds when it should be 5.

He has a vulnerable chin and that is why he fights the way he does with excessive holding.
    Right once again. Which makes for boring, foul-filled fights.

Better science my ass.
    Ok, now he's hating.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Excellent post, and I'll break down the reasons why:

He is wrong period.

Wlad has been unbeaten in 10 years because the division is the worst it has ever been.
    Damn right. Let's quit pussy-footing around this point and call a spade a spade. There's been slow periods in HW, but nothing like the absolute trash there is today.

The vast majority of challengers are so far below the standard 1990's that he has remained champion for so long.
    Ditto. See above.

Wlad is a great heavyweight champion and a good role model
    Someone who's just hating doesn't call the fighter "a great heavyweight champion". No one is trying to totally discredit Wlad. But again... let's be real here. I've said the same thing for years.

but he does not clinically knock out fighters until he is 100% they have no resistance.
    PRE-FRIGGING-CISELY!!! Most telling fact of all. Wlad takes zero risks. ZERO. And before the certain "blah-blah-blah" about how boxers aren't supposed to take risks....... WRONG. If it was all about not taking any risks, they wouldn't step into the ring at all, would they.

He takes 10 rounds when it should be 5.

He has a vulnerable chin and that is why he fights the way he does with excessive holding.
    Right once again. Which makes for boring, foul-filled fights.

Better science my ass.
    Ok, now he's hating.

You offered nothing but agreeing with him.

I exposed the Wlad chin myth.

And exposed the 90's superiority myth too.

The Klitschko's would have dominated in the 90's too imo. Lennox Lewis would have been the most serious factor for them.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

REALLY?

Watch Ibragimov whack out your big Lance Whitaker, then tell me he isn't no good, or Ruslan outbox the 7'2" 320lb Valuev for 12 rounds and tell me he isn't no good.

Where are you from?
    What colour are you?

haha. there are posters who claim that you said something that you didnt but you are the worst offender of this. i never said anything about anybody being a class act or any other country having bad fighters. all i said was that americans will embrace non americans. just look at pac for example. most americans would want him to KO mayweather despite mayweather being american. also, look at ufc. im not a huge follower of it but the biggest names i always heard were silva and st pierre and neither are american. so your claim that we as americans think that boxing isnt as big as it used to be only because there is no american HW dominating the division is completely false.

and where im from from america so i know from experience that what im saying is right. and im white which is the superior race so that makes me right too. just ask hitler. and also, im writing for a big historical boxing company so i have a lot of reason to defend old fighters and bash on current ones because they pay me the big bucks to come on boxing message boards to fill everybody's heads with all this propaganda.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is wrong period.

Better science my ass.

LOL Which is it?

Wladimir Klitschko
    Vitali Klitschko
    David Haye
    Bermane Stiverne.

You picked 4 boxers from a span of 10 years, I picked 4 from a span of 4 years. And I see no clear dominance I'm sorry!
    stiverne? i thought that even you wouldnt stoop that low...i shouldnt have assumed that though.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is wrong period.

Better science my ass.

LOL Which is it?

Wladimir Klitschko
    Vitali Klitschko
    David Haye
    Bermane Stiverne.

stiverne? i thought that even you wouldnt stoop that low...i shouldnt have assumed that though.
    Yes I am shocked that he thinks Haye and Stiverne be mentioned in the same breath as my 4 but he is scraping the barrel and could not think of anyone else. I would have been embarrassed and stopped typing.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is wrong period.

Better science my ass.

LOL Which is it?

Wladimir Klitschko
    Vitali Klitschko
    David Haye
    Bermane Stiverne.

Yes I am shocked that he thinks Haye and Stiverne be mentioned in the same breath as my 4 but he is scraping the barrel and could not think of anyone else. I would have been embarrassed and stopped typing.
    As a matter of fact it took me 5 seconds to come up with those 2.

Do you really think that Bermane Stiverne and David Haye could not match Tyson and Holyfield?

Michael Moorer beat Holyfield among about 9 others. Andrew Golota beat up Bowe 2ce, Tyson was bashed by Williams, McBride and Buster. LEwis was wasted by Rahman and McCall.

It's in fact YOU making baseless assumptions portraying that Stiverne and Haye would not be ELITE opponents in the 90's!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are funny Max very funny. I am beginning to think you are taking the piss now. Are you serious!

Do you not see how stupid your posts are? Really?

Come on now.

Thread Information