Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Max powerism 101:

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    haha. there are posters who claim that you said something that you didnt but you are the worst offender of this. i never said anything about anybody being a class act or any other country having bad fighters. all i said was that americans will embrace non americans. just look at pac for example. most americans would want him to KO mayweather despite mayweather being american. also, look at ufc. im not a huge follower of it but the biggest names i always heard were silva and st pierre and neither are american. so your claim that we as americans think that boxing isnt as big as it used to be only because there is no american HW dominating the division is completely false.

and where im from from america so i know from experience that what im saying is right. and im white which is the superior race so that makes me right too. just ask hitler. and also, im writing for a big historical boxing company so i have a lot of reason to defend old fighters and bash on current ones because they pay me the big bucks to come on boxing message boards to fill everybody's heads with all this propaganda.
    You outdone yourself with that one power-puncher.

UFC has only minor foreign involvement and it does have US champs most often. It is a US and Brazilian sport mainly. It has not yet gone global.

So your an American and a sports writer ey. Well then as I said, I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt. As should any other objective person.

I've been participating in and watching boxing all my life. I think I can tell the difference between what's good boxing and not.

Basically this is what I think...

Prior to about the year 2000-2005, the internet was not well established, fight video's were not uploaded and boxrec was not prevalent.

Before then it was EASY to make claims like Muhammad Ali had a good resume, Joe Louis was the best technical boxer etc. And they fought great opponents too.

That's because nobody had access to these fights widely so nobody could see how poor quality the boxers really were. And they had no boxrec to see how bad their records were.

Only fairly recently we can now SEE the falsity for what it all was, it was disproven by resource technology.

Curiously, it happened at about the same time you got your ass booted out of HW boxing, and curiously at about the same time that the current era began to be belittled.

I don't think any of this is a coincidence! Fear is what started it all if you ask me Fear of not being the best at everything. The US does it to other sports too, as soon as they are not good at it, it's a weak era! Tennis is a good example!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You are funny Max very funny. I am beginning to think you are taking the piss now. Are you serious!

Do you not see how stupid your posts are? Really?

Come on now.
    No really let's consider this, Stiverne is probably a harder puncher than any of the 4 you picked. He also has quick hands and is a natural counter-puncher, this is no bum.

Your Riddick Bowe ducked ALL hard punchers (bar Golota who spanked him). And he was easy to hit. I mean the reason we consider his inside game good, is basically because he was so defensively poor and lax as an outfighter that he was always breached. Luckily he had a solid chin but so has Stiverne! It's 100% that Bermane will be banging on that chin hard, Bowe, who WAS dropped by featherfist Holyfield, see where I'm going?

I am sensationalising here, but it is equally plausible as you sensationalising Bowe.

If Bowe fought Bermane and won, it would be heralded as one of his best wins and you know it!

We can continue further examples of how you can spin it the other way too for a different combination.

I would have loved to see these fights because they are all excellent and dangerous boxers! By ANY criteria!
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    haha. there are posters who claim that you said something that you didnt but you are the worst offender of this. i never said anything about anybody being a class act or any other country having bad fighters. all i said was that americans will embrace non americans. just look at pac for example. most americans would want him to KO mayweather despite mayweather being american. also, look at ufc. im not a huge follower of it but the biggest names i always heard were silva and st pierre and neither are american. so your claim that we as americans think that boxing isnt as big as it used to be only because there is no american HW dominating the division is completely false.

and where im from from america so i know from experience that what im saying is right. and im white which is the superior race so that makes me right too. just ask hitler. and also, im writing for a big historical boxing company so i have a lot of reason to defend old fighters and bash on current ones because they pay me the big bucks to come on boxing message boards to fill everybody's heads with all this propaganda.
    You outdone yourself with that one power-puncher.

UFC has only minor foreign involvement and it does have US champs most often. It is a US and Brazilian sport mainly. It has not yet gone global.

So your an American and a sports writer ey. Well then as I said, I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt. As should any other objective person.

I've been participating in and watching boxing all my life. I think I can tell the difference between what's good boxing and not.

Basically this is what I think...

Prior to about the year 2000-2005, the internet was not well established, fight video's were not uploaded and boxrec was not prevalent.

Before then it was EASY to make claims like Muhammad Ali had a good resume, Joe Louis was the best technical boxer etc. And they fought great opponents too.

That's because nobody had access to these fights widely so nobody could see how poor quality the boxers really were. And they had no boxrec to see how bad their records were.

Only fairly recently we can now SEE the falsity for what it all was, it was disproven by resource technology.

Curiously, it happened at about the same time you got your ass booted out of HW boxing, and curiously at about the same time that the current era began to be belittled.

I don't think any of this is a coincidence! Fear is what started it all if you ask me Fear of not being the best at everything. The US does it to other sports too, as soon as they are not good at it, it's a weak era! Tennis is a good example!
    first off, i was obviously joking about being a writer.

second and lastly, you make absolutely no sense when you make an argument. as i said in my last post to you, you start claiming random things that have nothing to do with anything. usually its a cop out to say that you make no sense and then leave the argument, but in this case, its a fact. you are making absolutely no sense and i cant even have a serious debate with you because you wont actually stay on any sort of subject. once your argument gets proven wrong you just use a lot of words and "facts" to make yourself sound smart but it doesnt work.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you really think that Bermane Stiverne and David Haye could not match Tyson and Holyfield?
    HAhahaHAHAHahaHaHHAhah!!!!

How stupid are you!?

His sole criteria for choosing those four fighters was that none of them are American.
    Frankly I'm surprised he could bring himself to choose two black fighters, because by doing so he's going against his whole racial profiling angle...but I guess he's okay with it since neither one is African American.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 12-12-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are funny Max very funny. I am beginning to think you are taking the piss now. Are you serious!

Come on now.
    No really let's consider this, Stiverne is probably a harder puncher than any of the 4 you picked. He also has quick hands and is a natural counter-puncher, this is no bum.

Your Riddick Bowe ducked ALL hard punchers (bar Golota who spanked him). And he was easy to hit. I mean the reason we consider his inside game good, is basically because he was so defensively poor and lax as an outfighter that he was always breached. Luckily he had a solid chin but so has Stiverne! It's 100% that Bermane will be banging on that chin hard, Bowe, who WAS dropped by featherfist Holyfield, see where I'm going?

I am sensationalising here, but it is equally plausible as you sensationalising Bowe.

If Bowe fought Bermane and won, it would be heralded as one of his best wins and you know it!

We can continue further examples of how you can spin it the other way too for a different combination.

I would have loved to see these fights because they are all excellent and dangerous boxers! By ANY criteria!
    Stiverne is a born again Dokes. Remember what Bowe did to him. 2 rounds!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Do you really think that Bermane Stiverne and David Haye could not match Tyson and Holyfield?

How stupid are you!?

His sole criteria for choosing those four fighters was that none of them are American.
    Frankly I'm surprised he could bring himself to choose two black fighters, because by doing so he's going against his whole racial profiling angle...but I guess he's okay with it since neither one is African American.
    Stiverne is native Central American and Canada is in the American continent. And Stiverne and Haye are black.

This should serve obviously as a proof that I don't CARE if a fighter is black or white. And I don't CARE if a fighter is American, Russian, or even fucking Chinese! I also don't care if the fighter is heavy or light, tall or short, lean or fat!

And more than anything I DEFINITELY don't care if the boxer is hyped or not or if they are FAMOUS or not in America!

I only care about their ACTUAL QUALITY as boxers!

Jennings, Perez, Wilder and Thompson are top quality boxers by my own admission and are black and American. "I" support them BETTER than YOU even do and they're from your own race and country!

Who is the nationalist? Who is the racist?
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-13-2014 at 02:33 AM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on now.

Haha, I mention Bermane Stiverne, one of the hardest hitters of all time.

And you mention Dokes, borderline featherfist with a 50-60% KO ratio against a much lighter AND bummier class of opposition than Bermane and suffered 5 KO losses to all the good opponents he faced, but even one less than desirable to Gerrie Coetzee.

Unbelievable!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Max Power, don't worry, you are cool in my book. At least you add some logic to your beliefs, whether they be right or wrong. Ruthless Rocco makes you look like a very reasonable person of which I am sure you are. I like how you stick to your guns. You are the man, keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How stupid are you!?

Stiverne is native Central American and Canada is in the American continent. And Stiverne and Haye are black.

This should serve obviously as a proof that I don't CARE if a fighter is black or white. And I don't CARE if a fighter is American, Russian, or even fucking Chinese! I also don't care if the fighter is heavy or light, tall or short, lean or fat!

And more than anything I DEFINITELY don't care if the boxer is hyped or not or if they are FAMOUS or not in America!

Jennings, Perez, Wilder and Thompson are top quality boxers by my own admission and are black and American. "I" support them BETTER than YOU even do and they're from your own race and country!

You really are that dumb huh?

My whole point was that you chose them because they AREN'T American, then you go on to tell me how they aren't American.

So so stupid...

Also, last time I checked (a minute ago) I wasn't either black or American you idiotic fucktard!

No wonder your baby's momma doesn't want to bang you anymore. It's amazing you got her to in the first place.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 12-13-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen battles like this since me and Miles were enemies.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Im amazed anyone cares what other people think.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Im amazed anyone cares what other people think.
    Agreed @Andre, we are talking boxing here. If we had the same opinions it would be boring. People are reacting like this is a denilson200 thread

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I know.
    Once it all gets beyond ridiculous I just have to poop in my hand and throw it at the first thing I see.
    Heavyweight scene threads.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on now.

Haha, I mention Bermane Stiverne, one of the hardest hitters of all time.

And you mention Dokes, borderline featherfist with a 50-60% KO ratio against a much lighter AND bummier class of opposition than Bermane and suffered 5 KO losses to all the good opponents he faced, but even one less than desirable to Gerrie Coetzee.

Unbelievable!
    You have to be a troll. I'm convinced.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How stupid are you!?

You really are that dumb huh?

My whole point was that you chose them because they AREN'T American, then you go on to tell me how they aren't American.

So so stupid...

Also, last time I checked (a minute ago) I wasn't either black or American you idiotic fucktard!

No wonder your baby's momma doesn't want to bang you anymore. It's amazing you got her to in the first place.
    Actually I can tell you immediately right now that I chose those boxers immediately off the top of my head and you cannot disprove otherwise.

But we don't have to argue about this...

We can have it your way and allow me to select an American boxer...

What about Deontay Wilder.

I know. Wilder. The most famous bum beater since Butterbean and Sonny Liston.

Can you honestly be SURE that Iron Mike, Big Daddy, The Real Deal or The Lion can DEFINITELY expose Wilder?

You know I believe there are great chances any of them would.

But I also know that that kind of assessment is anything BUT assured. Because none of them faced such a unique kind of opponent as Wilder. And they were all pasted by lesser boxers than Wilder at some stage!

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information