Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
Weird these two having breakfast together....i smell a Haye masterplan attempt where me might just leapfrog (blag) the entire division and get a fight with Wlad or even drag Vitali out of retirement.

Money talks and Haye is still the biggest draw in the division whether you like it or not and would easily bring the most money to either brother.

Wonder what the topic for discussion was..................

This will not be a popular opinion. But I think it was the truth.

Toward the end there, I think David Haye was the 2nd best HW in the world. I think he would have beaten Vitali, who slowed down quite a bit at his 40's.

If Haye can return to the same form he displayed in camp last year and last fights then he'd still have him beat.

I think Haye vs Wladimir would still be the most competitive fight possible given that Haye can avoid injury.

They SAY that the first fight was a stinker and it's true that Haye did not take enough chances. But then again I ALSO don't call it dominance from Wladimir when he was missing the target!

I can't blame Haye for being tentative with Wladimir, there's no use rocking up there to be layed out on the canvas. But I think he COULD do much better and win far more rounds than he was given credit in the first encounter.

I would definitely want watch Haye/Klitschko 2. The fight wasn't that boring anyway. In fact it had some of the fastest reflexes ever seen in a HW fight of all time and is a testament to technical superiority of both fighters.

It will just never be as action packed as say, Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield or a Mike Tyson KO compilation.