Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather was full of sh*t tonight bashing Pacman on Showtime...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather was full of sh*t tonight bashing Pacman on Showtime...

Forget them both Manny and Floyd. I hope they never fight one another and never get the money they should have made when the fighters were at their best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Pac nut huggers can say what they want but they can't change or twist facts: everything was agreed on - money, venue, rights, ect. Only one thing remained: the drug testing issue. Floyd wanted a 14 day cut off date, Manny wanted a 24 day cut off date. That was the sole sticking point and the reason the fight never happened.

If Manny had agreed to a 14 day cut off date for the drug testing, this fight would have happened 4 years ago. He didn't. He felt that having blood drawn as close as two weeks before a fight would be way too traumatic for a boxing warrior to recover from... even though Floyd would have had to have taken the same test. So the fight never happened.

Pac fans will always say "OH WHO IS FLOYD TO DEMAND SPECIAL STIPULATIONS, HE JUST DID THAT SO THE FIGHT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN", ironically ignoring the fact that Pac also demands his own special stipulations (Mayweather would have had to turn over several million dollars for every pound he came in over the limit, and every other Pac fight seems to be at a special catch weight).

Well, those "special stipulations" that Floyd demanded 4 years ago have pretty much become standard practice since, and Manny has since participated in it in several of his fights afterwards, so I guess it wasn't too outrageous for Floyd to demand it.

Also, when you have a guy who's camp "allegedly" (reported by several very credible sources) enquired as to A) what the penalty for testing positive would be and B) if a positive test could be kept secret... it might be best to make that guy take a stringent drug test.

The facts favour Floyd, people who claim Floyd ducked him never have any logic for their opinion, they just think that if they say it often enough it'll be true. But it's not, it's stupidity.
    I'm not saying Floyd "ducked" Pac - but just the fact that Floyd required "special stipulations" that he'd never required before could be construed as he didn't want to fight Pac.

Who were the "credible sources" that claimed Pac's camp asked about the punishment for a positive test?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not saying Floyd "ducked" Pac - but just the fact that Floyd required "special stipulations" that he'd never required before could be construed as he didn't want to fight Pac.
    The fact that Floyd required "special stipulations" shows that Floyd believes Manny was using PEDs. It can't be construed as not wanting to fight Manny.

The fact that Manny refused the testing and turned down a $100 million payday suggests he was a dirty fighter.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If Pacquiao had really wanted to fight Floyd and Floyd was the one ducking and dodging all these years then he could have followed David Haye's lead and stalked Floyd the way Haye did Klitchko. Show up at every press conference, fight, media event. Talk about it in every interview. Taunt your opponent at every opportunity. Make the fight happen if you really want it to. That's what I saw Floyd doing in that video.
    Both fighters talk the fight up and each other down so that fans keep it on their radar and watch them both in the mean time.

Fuck em both.

If either one wins 'this fight that will never happen'. people will still say oh that wouldnt of happened if they'd fought in their prime blah blah wank.

I dont get fighters who spout off saying they will win 100% and yet dont just take the odds offered and hedge a bet directly with the opposite camp publicly.

That would be fucking the opposition right over; an open public side bet to make the odds even or better still into a winner take all.Imagine what that would do to the favorite physiologically?

Imagine how mr money would look in the history books if he refused to back himself with money. Wish I was Manny, Id be all in Floyds head every way possible to make this happen.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd "believes" Pac was dirty. There's no evidence as he never tested positive. Which means Floyd "money" Mayweather refused a $100 million payday (i'm not sure they were actually each making that much) because of what? He was obviously worried about facing Pac. Worried enough that he would pass on his biggest payday ever.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was high. Really. They must have agreed prior not to mention murder-suicide drama It was discouraging he spent more time whining about why it didn't happen and who was at fault than how to make it happen. "This fight will only happen on Showtime" is not a great starting point

They both blew it when it counted, that's all that matters. "You can't go back Bob". I'm not losing sleep if they retire without facing off

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd "believes" Pac was dirty. There's no evidence as he never tested positive. Which means Floyd "money" Mayweather refused a $100 million payday (i'm not sure they were actually each making that much) because of what? He was obviously worried about facing Pac. Worried enough that he would pass on his biggest payday ever.
    That drawing blood shit was just shit too.
    Both fighters draw it ;even timing, even amount drawn. No problem.

I recon the world got played by both of them because if they had fought back then boxing would of lost all the fights one or both have had since not fighting each other, which is huge cash and turn over.

Two king$ $ are better than one.

We've been had.

Fuck them both.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who were the "credible sources" that claimed Pac's camp asked about the punishment for a positive test?

Well let's get it straight here, when we say "special stipulations", it sounds like Floyd is demanding something that would give him a competitive advantage, like a catch weight (we know how Manny loves those) or some kind of special rule that would favour him. His special stipulation was something that would simply guarantee both guys were fighting without the aid of banned substances. It was something both guys would have to go through, and it simply kept either guy from doping. Is that such a terrible thing to ask for? If we know that the standard piss test is pretty much useless for catching cheats (we do) and we know that the commission has a terrible track record of catching cheats and protecting the fighters (we do), why not put something in place to protect yourself and keep the sport clean? Why is that so diabolical?

These "special stipulations" have since become the norm. Floyd has done it in every fight since, and a lot of top combat sport athletes have jumped on board, including Manny, Bradley, Provodnikov, Donaire, Rigondeaux, Canelo, Mosley, La Bamba Rodriguez, ect ect. So if Floyd was ahead of his time, why is he still catching shit for it?

And Teddy Atlas I consider to be a credible source. He wouldn't have reported it if he hadn't gotten the info from someone he could trust.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was no evidence that Luis Resto used doctored gloves to disfigure and end the career of Billy Collins Jr until Collins' dad just happened to touch his glove after the fight. There was no evidence of guys like Mosley, Holyfield, Gamboa, ect using steroids until the FBI busted a steroid ring and found their names on receipts.

Even when a test DOES bust someone... it busts someone AFTER THE FIGHT when the damage is already done.

Lets say, hypothetically, Floyd and Manny fought 4 years ago, Manny was juiced to the gills, beat the shit out of Floyd, knocked him out cold in the 8th after 8 rounds of punishment, then tested positive so the result is changed from a KO win to a NO CONTEST.

What's the recourse for Floyd? You can't undo the physical/brain damage done, you can't undo the fact that millions of people saw him get his ass beat. You can't calculate the many millions of dollars lost if that beating ends Floyd's career, or when his earning potential is greatly diminished after the world watches him get his ass beat.

You don't think Floyd should have a right to be apprehensive?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was no evidence that Luis Resto used doctored gloves to disfigure and end the career of Billy Collins Jr until Collins' dad just happened to touch his glove after the fight. There was no evidence of guys like Mosley, Holyfield, Gamboa, ect using steroids until the FBI busted a steroid ring and found their names on receipts.

Even when a test DOES bust someone... it busts someone AFTER THE FIGHT when the damage is already done.

Lets say, hypothetically, Floyd and Manny fought 4 years ago, Manny was juiced to the gills, beat the shit out of Floyd, knocked him out cold in the 8th after 8 rounds of punishment, then tested positive so the result is changed from a KO win to a NO CONTEST.

What's the recourse for Floyd? You can't undo the physical/brain damage done, you can't undo the fact that millions of people saw him get his ass beat. You can't calculate the many millions of dollars lost if that beating ends Floyd's career, or when his earning potential is greatly diminished after the world watches him get his ass beat.

You don't think Floyd should have a right to be apprehensive?
    If Floyd doesn't want to fight Manny that's his prerogative. However, some could construe it as Floyd "ducked" Manny because he "believed" Manny was too good at that particular point, and convinced himself it was down to juice, even though he can't prove it. That's all i'm saying.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy Atlas I consider to be a credible source. He wouldn't have reported it if he hadn't gotten the info from someone he could trust.
    Did the Floyd camp confirm it? I assume Pac's camp denied it? Paulie Malignaggi has insinuated Shawn Porter was juicing ever since he got knocked out but there's no proof as of yet.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd said we'll fight if you drug test so I know you're clean.

Manny said no.

How is Floyd ducking Manny?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac nut huggers can say what they want but they can't change or twist facts: everything was agreed on - money, venue, rights, ect. Only one thing remained: the drug testing issue. Floyd wanted a 14 day cut off date, Manny wanted a 24 day cut off date. That was the sole sticking point and the reason the fight never happened.

If Manny had agreed to a 14 day cut off date for the drug testing, this fight would have happened 4 years ago. He didn't. He felt that having blood drawn as close as two weeks before a fight would be way too traumatic for a boxing warrior to recover from... even though Floyd would have had to have taken the same test. So the fight never happened.

Pac fans will always say "OH WHO IS FLOYD TO DEMAND SPECIAL STIPULATIONS, HE JUST DID THAT SO THE FIGHT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN", ironically ignoring the fact that Pac also demands his own special stipulations (Mayweather would have had to turn over several million dollars for every pound he came in over the limit, and every other Pac fight seems to be at a special catch weight).

Well, those "special stipulations" that Floyd demanded 4 years ago have pretty much become standard practice since, and Manny has since participated in it in several of his fights afterwards, so I guess it wasn't too outrageous for Floyd to demand it.

Also, when you have a guy who's camp "allegedly" (reported by several very credible sources) enquired as to A) what the penalty for testing positive would be and B) if a positive test could be kept secret... it might be best to make that guy take a stringent drug test.

The facts favour Floyd, people who claim Floyd ducked him never have any logic for their opinion, they just think that if they say it often enough it'll be true. But it's not, it's stupidity.
    The funny thing is it's worse than that. I can't remember what poster it was on another site(I want to say night crawler or something with night) used to put together a series of videos of Freddie Roach saying "Mayweather wanted random testing trying to get out of the fight but we agreed, manny would like a 3 day window because he feels drained after giving blood but we agreed to random testing so the fight is on". Then they balked and asked for 3 days. Then Floyd agreed. Only then did they say they needed 30 days! But they were willing to generously come down to 24 days. It's f'n laughable. Testing was agreed. They backed out changing their demands and Floyd agreed again. I'm sure someone can find that video. Testing was agreed! Pac camp balked, Floyd called their next bluff too. That's why he said he would never offer a cutoff again. Team Pac changed what they wanted from an agreed fight people. And Floyd agreed to their change and they changed it again!!! Floyd is an ass and he has been a dick about this fight ever since. But when the fight should have happened he made it happen with an overly generous offer and team Pac balked, they lied on camera and changed their demands 2 more times. People just speculate he's scared, he don't want because these facts are so f'n clear.

In no other point in history does the fighter that backed out have the high ground and the guy that stuck to the agreement and then even agreed to further demands get the blame. It's mind numbing.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Last night was pitiful. I have stuck up for Floyd through thick and thin but nothing unless one is a cult member can be more obvious then the fact that Floyd does not want any. @#1FightFan is spot on and calling him an idiot is not evidence to the contrary. Put whatever metaphoric spin you want on it and call it what you will but after all the evidence is in even a remedial objective onlooker has to come to the conclusion that Floyd simply does not want the fight.

Last nights little tirade was embarrassing. Bringing up the testing like its still an issue and then saying Manny does not deserve 40% cause he lost twice and throwing in a "he's not on my level"

Sorta like Maidana I guess. The man does not want to fight him. Simple as that. Pretending that the ball is now in Mannys court is hilarious.
    Manny go around claiming Floyd is afraid of him and ducking him, he can make commercials making fun of Mayweather and insinuating Mayweather is ducking him... but Floyd isn't allowed to defend himself and bring up the actual fact, the actual reason why the fight didn't happen? Where's the logic there?

There's two camps on this who tirade, and it's not Team Mayweather vs Team Pac... it's people who want to work with facts, and people who want to work with biased, baseless conjecture.

I stay true to the "Fact" group, I put out the facts and if I'm using person conjecture, I preface it as such. This is what logical people do.

The people in the second group spout the same rhetoric, ignore the facts, jump to conclusions, talk about things they have no knowledge of or didn't bother to research, and generally offer no insight or valuable thought to the discussion. It's the same old shit, they have their story and they are sticking to it, facts be damned.

Floyd and Pac/Freitas/Casamayor/Margarito/ect never fought. CONCLUSION: Floyd was terrified of those guys, refused to fight them, and hid under his bed until there was no longer a call to fight them. It's like talking to 10 year olds with a lot of these guys.

Bottom line: There is no logical, intelligent person who is knowledgable of the situation who believes Floyd ducked Pac.
    Just because you say something it does not lend it some kind of gravitas or credence. Both you and Rocco have made your mind up and are so unwilling to countenance any other opinion that you have both for some time now completely dismissed anyone who does not agree, with this dumb "you are all Pac Nuthuggers" rubbish. Most fight fans are not so tribal when it comes to this fight. It would have been a great fight but it hasn't happened and now Floyd, who is supposedly in total control of his own destiny, is gloating about it not happening as though it's something to admire him for

There are a lot of people who do not subscribe to your point of view and calling them all 10 year olds till your blue in the face is not going to make them all jump in your boat. You have never once been rational when discussing Floyd, so I don't expect you to start now.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather does have a point... Youtube/facebook seem to be full of people who will swallow manny's shit, but not even begin to question Manny flip flopping over drug tests or manny knowing fine well how hard getting mayweather to work with arum would be, but renewing with him anyway instead of removing him from the equation.

Both parties are at fault, sheeple seem to follow only one.

Thread Information