Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wrasslin'!

I find it strange how Warrior have Vince the rights to use his image then died a day or two later, after years of withholding them.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I find it strange how Warrior have Vince the rights to use his image then died a day or two later, after years of withholding them.
    Lol, you and your conspiracy theories.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That doesn't sound strange to you tho?
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

That doesn't sound strange to you tho?
    I wouldn't put it past Vince....Warrior really left WWE high and dry and let WCW really catch up with WWE and almost put WWE out of business.

Warrior got axed for steroids/HGH he was getting from Australia and then he gave up the goods on Davey Boy (which got him fired too) and both eventually went to WCW.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's one for you:

The Vince McMahon we see on T.V. is an actor. The real Vince (and family) don't won't to be in the public eye.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's one for you:

The Vince McMahon we see on T.V. is an actor. The real Vince (and family) don't won't to be in the public eye.
    magic

El Kabong Guest

Here's one for you:

magic
    Yeah but Vince is evil Vince on tv so people think in real life he must be nice......but he's even more evil than the evil Vince we see on tv!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the Andre the Giant documentary and it is sad. Hulk Hogan loved the guy and so did Vince McMahon.

El Kabong Guest

Watched the Andre the Giant documentary and it is sad. Hulk Hogan loved the guy and so did Vince McMahon.
    I've wanted to see that. I used to work with a gal who was a bartender at a hotel the wrestlers would stay at and she said she always felt bad for Andre because for whatever reason guys would try to pick fights with him, they'd never leave him alone.

Andre was larger than life, one of the guys who epitomized a character archetype....The Giant much like Big John Studd, Giant Gonzales, Giant Baba, Big Show, Earthquake/John Tenta, Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, King Kong Bundy...you know just the fucking huge dudes but unlike most Andre could work pretty good. Big Show does well, Undertaker (who could be in that category if he weren't you know the Undertaker).

Funny how he got on (or didn't) with Macho

Andre also hated Iron Sheikh for whatever reason....but Sheikhy is one of those dudes who may have been a bully he was definitely a big party guy as well doing drugs and what not. Imagine how much Andre would have to snort or smoke to get high and then a high giant...wowzers that would be trouble. Good thing he just drank apparently (and boy did he drink)

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of his career he could hardly stand and was held up by the ropes and opponent.

Shame how he died.

El Kabong Guest

At the end of his career he could hardly stand and was held up by the ropes and opponent.

Shame how he died.
    Yeah he was very young, but shit when you have a pituitary gland issue like that and hell just being big in general is a life shortening thing but being THAT big....it's difficult to carry such weight. It's difficult to be comfortable.

Think about this, Andre spent a lot of his time in Japan.....JAPAN!!!! Uncomfortable plane rides (if I was him I'd have booked a flight with the US Army on a cargo plane), tiny ass hotels, tiny ass cars, tiny ass everything...just taking a shit would have been difficult and I heard tell he used to book 2 rooms at the hotels...1 to stay in and the other to shit in the bathtub because dude wouldn't fit on the toilet. And it ain't like the guy could fit in a shower either.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really enjoyed the Andre doco. He was a huge superstar, and seeing Hogan in tears, speaking about what Andre had done for him, to propel him into super stardom was touching.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Shame how he died.
    Yeah he was very young, but shit when you have a pituitary gland issue like that and hell just being big in general is a life shortening thing but being THAT big....it's difficult to carry such weight. It's difficult to be comfortable.

Think about this, Andre spent a lot of his time in Japan.....JAPAN!!!! Uncomfortable plane rides (if I was him I'd have booked a flight with the US Army on a cargo plane), tiny ass hotels, tiny ass cars, tiny ass everything...just taking a shit would have been difficult and I heard tell he used to book 2 rooms at the hotels...1 to stay in and the other to shit in the bathtub because dude wouldn't fit on the toilet. And it ain't like the guy could fit in a shower either.
    I saw a piece a while ago that talked about Andre in Japan and how he straight up spoiled a show or something. I guess they wanted his to put over a local star and he refused to 'work' it and reclined in the ring like he was waiting on a hot bath and cold beer case of beer. The circuits guys travel is pretty crazy when you look behind the scenes. Lower tier wrestlers travel together much like some struggling bands around the Country. You really do have to have an invested and honed stage presence. It always seem like the smaller guys really now how to work a mic as they don't have the physical imposing package to speak for them. Recently, well a decade maybe , Edge and Christian were two of the best I've ever seen like that.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Shame how he died.

I saw a piece a while ago that talked about Andre in Japan and how he straight up spoiled a show or something. I guess they wanted his to put over a local star and he refused to 'work' it and reclined in the ring like he was waiting on a hot bath and cold beer case of beer. The circuits guys travel is pretty crazy when you look behind the scenes. Lower tier wrestlers travel together much like some struggling bands around the Country. You really do have to have an invested and honed stage presence. It always seem like the smaller guys really now how to work a mic as they don't have the physical imposing package to speak for them. Recently, well a decade maybe , Edge and Christian were two of the best I've ever seen like that.
    Edge definitely exploded. The Rated R Superstar
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

Thread Information