Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - War of the Giants!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder - War of the Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    They both have an excellent chance of happenng.

Stiverne ain't that good and was getting out punched by Arreola. I don't think he'd catch wilder as easy.

Im backing Fury and after his next fight a few more will to.
    His next fight is against a very weak fighter. His odds against Wlad will only drift after that if he doesnt stop him easily as expected. Wilder is favorite over Wilder but most of the smart money is on Stiverne. Id back Wilder to beat Fury everyday of the week.
    Wilder is favourite to beat wilder?

Youd back Wilder to beat Tyson?

Based on Wilders performance V?
    Sorry Wilder fav over Stiverne.

Based on Wilders power and Furys weak chin is why Id back Wilder. He is wild and crude and if it was an amateur fight Id fancy Fury but I think the power he has coupled with Furys chin I have to fancy Wilder. I also think Fury will be easy to hit. He is difficult to tag cleanly when he has a massive height advantage but the difference here wouldnt be as big (Wilder may actually have the reach advantage?).
    Lets rewind a few years.

Who would you back in Wlad v Haye or Khan v Maidana?

Wlad and Khan. Wlad hits harder then Haye. Khan too quick for Maidana who is very one dimensional. Fury is no Wllad and is certainly not comparable to Khan.

A better recent comparison would be Scott v Wilder. Wilder is crude and powerful. Scott is a skilled boxer with a weak chin. Wilder flattened him.
    Yeah, scott is a skilled boxer

Scott had been furys sparring partner in the past and Fury battered him and bust both his ear drums. Thats a skilled fighter getting battered by Fury

Wlad hits harder than Haye? Khan too quick for. Maidana? That wasnt your rubbish equation. You said big punch v weak chin, big punch wins.

Hope your boss doesnt read this, you may be looking for a new job
    No I said based on Wilders power and Furys chin. You decide to leave out two of the most important words in the sentence.

I can do that too with your sentence. Scott had been Furys sparring partner in the past and battered him. Implying Scott battered Fury which Im sure isnt true either
    Hahaha! Your fucking stupid, you haven't even read my post properly and even quoted it dunce! I put "Scott had been furys sparring partner in the past and Fury battered him".

Yes you said based on Wilders power and Furys chin. (Lets pretend Wilder has a good chin shall we) So based on Maidanas power and Khans chin, or Hayes power and Wlads chin.....

Is that how you make odds? Like I said, hopefully your boss doesn't see this

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both have an excellent chance of happenng.

Stiverne ain't that good and was getting out punched by Arreola. I don't think he'd catch wilder as easy.

Im backing Fury and after his next fight a few more will to.
    His next fight is against a very weak fighter. His odds against Wlad will only drift after that if he doesnt stop him easily as expected. Wilder is favorite over Wilder but most of the smart money is on Stiverne. Id back Wilder to beat Fury everyday of the week.
    Wilder is favourite to beat wilder?

Youd back Wilder to beat Tyson?

Based on Wilders performance V?
    Sorry Wilder fav over Stiverne.

Based on Wilders power and Furys weak chin is why Id back Wilder. He is wild and crude and if it was an amateur fight Id fancy Fury but I think the power he has coupled with Furys chin I have to fancy Wilder. I also think Fury will be easy to hit. He is difficult to tag cleanly when he has a massive height advantage but the difference here wouldnt be as big (Wilder may actually have the reach advantage?).
    Lets rewind a few years.

Who would you back in Wlad v Haye or Khan v Maidana?

Wlad and Khan. Wlad hits harder then Haye. Khan too quick for Maidana who is very one dimensional. Fury is no Wllad and is certainly not comparable to Khan.

A better recent comparison would be Scott v Wilder. Wilder is crude and powerful. Scott is a skilled boxer with a weak chin. Wilder flattened him.
    Yeah, scott is a skilled boxer

Scott had been furys sparring partner in the past and Fury battered him and bust both his ear drums. Thats a skilled fighter getting battered by Fury

Wlad hits harder than Haye? Khan too quick for. Maidana? That wasnt your rubbish equation. You said big punch v weak chin, big punch wins.

Hope your boss doesnt read this, you may be looking for a new job
    No I said based on Wilders power and Furys chin. You decide to leave out two of the most important words in the sentence.

I can do that too with your sentence. Scott had been Furys sparring partner in the past and battered him. Implying Scott battered Fury which Im sure isnt true either
    Hahaha! Your fucking stupid

Irony

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First I want to see Fury and Wilder fight somebody who's worth a shit. Wilder has a good test coming up. Fury I feel is a very protected fighter. If Fury camp thinks he is that good then put him in the ring with just a half ass fighter. A fighter has to grow fight by fight. Getting better and better with each bout. I think Fury has hit a brick wall. He has to be tested.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    First I want to see Fury and Wilder fight somebody who's worth a shit. Wilder has a good test coming up. Fury I feel is a very protected fighter. If Fury camp thinks he is that good then put him in the ring with just a half ass fighter. A fighter has to grow fight by fight. Getting better and better with each bout. I think Fury has hit a brick wall. He has to be tested.

What is it with the thickness of this forum today?

Tyson wanted to fight Haye twice and apparently Haye is better than Holyfield and is mega dangerous. Haye thought fihting Fury was too dangerous for him

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post

What is it with the thickness of this forum today?

Tyson wanted to fight Haye twice and apparently Haye is better than Holyfield and is mega dangerous. Haye thought fihting Fury was too dangerous for him;D
    Have you any proof or as most of the shit you post based on your borderline gay love for Fury?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He pulled out twice. I said at the time when everyone thought he had retired that give it a few months and he will be talking about fighting again and low and behold I was right. He has been asked a few times about fighting Fury and he just dismisses it even though he knows it would shoot him right up the rankings and be a big payday should he win. He's not sure he can win is the problem.

Fury signed to fight Haye and when Haye pulled out they offered the chance to Wilder as he'd been in Hayes training camp and was fit.

Fury hasn't fought everyone you may have liked him to fight but thats mostly because people are avoiding him. If you all got your heads out your asses for a few minutes and thought like a boxing manager rather than a fan who wants the best fights.

Imagine your a manager and your heavyweight who you have invested a lot of money in is on the verge of a title shot in the next year or so. Would you really put him in with someone who's 6,9", has excellent stamina, can switch hit, has the longest reach in history and can make good fighters like Chisora look like nothing. Have a much easier time with him than either Vitali or Haye, to the point it wasn't competitive and it wouldn't even be for a title. Would you risk it?
    Last edited by ross; 01-01-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WINNER OF Wilder vs haYe WILL FIGHT HELENIUS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury gets clipped at some point in all of his fights but he cant afford to make that mistake against someone like wilder. He would have to fight the perfect fight in order to win..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is a bum until proven otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he beats Stiverne he will of beaten an inactive 36 year old boxer of no acclaim.
    He should beat him, but nothing to shout about.
    No body will be buying dvd's of this fight, 10, 20 or 30 years from now.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    If he beats Stiverne he will of beaten an inactive 36 year old boxer of no acclaim.
    He should beat him, but nothing to shout about.
    No body will be buying dvd's of this fight, 10, 20 or 30 years from now.
    Stiverne is a fucking awesome force in HW boxing.

If Wilder beats Stiverne he I the real deal. There can be no further dispute over that. His bum busting methods to get there will always be questionable but his intrinsic worth will be proven and solidified.

A loss to Stiverne will expose him. But it will not instantly bummify him. His stock will drop against good+hard punchers though severely.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information