Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A message for new fighter

Train like there is no tomorrow, Rest when your body needs rest...eat the proper food and always have the frame of mind that to lose means to Die...adapt a warriors attitude my friends....Like the samaurai.....ALWAYS IN YOUR MIND...IF YOU LOSE YOU DIE. I promise you you will train harder.

Start thinking Like a warrior today, this moment.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A message for new fighter

Personally I don't go for the whole 'to loose is to die' attitude. Theres plenty of kids from my boxing gym who have that attitide who look good in the gym (there some of the best people there alot of the time) but when it comes to competing they are too intense (theres such a thing) and they just freeze up and the ref ends up stepping in.

Do your work in the gym, get in the ring try your best... but enjoy it... thats the right frame of mind, if you enjoy fighting and boxing your in the right game, if you have to much of the 'No pain no gain' attitude you'll not learn or progress.

you have to face the fact that there are better boxers out there than you, if you loose a few fights with that attitude you'll just get your self so wound up and frustrated that you'll either quit the sport or loose your focus.

Just relax, it dosn't mean you don't work hard in teh gym or in the ring, just meens that you box with a smile on your face...

I will agree with you that you have to be dedicated, but rather than focusing on not wanting to loose, focus on wanting to win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by latverian31
    Train like there is no tomorrow, Rest when your body needs rest...eat the proper food and always have the frame of mind that to lose means to Die...adapt a warriors attitude my friends....Like the samaurai.....ALWAYS IN YOUR MIND...IF YOU LOSE YOU DIE. I promise you you will train harder.

some people do this sport just for a hobbie, i would give that advice to a more experienced fighter who is willing to compete.
    Welcome to the forum bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you. I've been fighting for 17 yrs. This adivce I give is for the reason if you have the frame of mind that if you lose in the ring you die such as if a samauari lost in abttle it meant death you will throw that extra 100 punches you will run that extra half mile you will do that extra 50 sit ups etc..etc cause you know if you are not at your best you will DIE. Train with that frame of mind. Have fun but train with a serious frame of mind. Don't go in the gym and play like a lot do and cut up and laugh. it is a place to forge your skill and your endurance. Train as warriors train. That is all I meant. Thanks for the welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Train like there is no tomorrow, Rest when your body needs rest...eat the proper food and always have the frame of mind that to lose means to Die...adapt a warriors attitude my friends....Like the samaurai.....ALWAYS IN YOUR MIND...IF YOU LOSE YOU DIE. I promise you you will train harder.

Will do. I'm fixena train now.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'DMD3'

Will do. I'm fixena train now.
    Your ontrack then,toot toot .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks