Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

Ever the optimist, I'm looking forward to this fight on Jan 17th. Lots of bad things can happen, like Wilder crashing and burning after the first clean shot by a legit HW fighter. Another scenario would be Stiverne mysteriously crumbling from the first glancing blow from Deontay (ala Malik Scott). But what a boom for the HW division it would be to have these two engage in a terrific, competitive fight, preferably lasting at least into the middle rounds! It's not gonna be a chess match. These two guys have serious power, and hopefully will provide us with the kind of show we haven't seen in..... well..... let's just say in quite some time.

I hope they're both up to the task. Furthermore, even if it ends in a highlight reel KO, I hope the loser rebounds from the loss (I guess I'm thinking more about Wilder when I say this). ..... and if it's a great fight...... REMATCH.

Oh what the hell.
    While I'm at it, I hope I hit the lottery, and the prize money is delivered by Monica Bellucci, Kate Upton, Scarlet Johansson, and Halle Berry.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

Fuck yeah. If you're not excited about a 6'8'' dude with a 100% KO ratio, you're light in the loafers, you need to be watching golf or some shit.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Fuck yeah. If you're not excited about a 6'8'' dude with a 100% KO ratio, you're light in the loafers, you need to be watching golf or some shit.

I just hope to hell it's a good fight, bro. I'm ready for a new era in heavyweight boxing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuckin A man, I want one of these guys to emerge as someone who we can get excited for against Wlad, because in reality myself and most people haven't been excited for a HW fight since Wlad/Haye 3 or 4 years back.

If Deontay wipes out Stiverne, which I believe he will, I'm gonna be real excited to see him in there against Wlad. Wlad's great but he has that questionable chin and if Deontay puts his fist on it we could see the end of an era.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuckin A man, I want one of these guys to emerge as someone who we can get excited for against Wlad, because in reality myself and most people haven't been excited for a HW fight since Wlad/Haye 3 or 4 years back.

If Deontay wipes out Stiverne, which I believe he will, I'm gonna be real excited to see him in there against Wlad. Wlad's great but he has that questionable chin and if Deontay puts his fist on it we could see the end of an era.

Damn straight! I was among those excited about Wlad-Haye...... until the fight actually happened. Then it was just another in a long line of disappointments. I'm tired of having excuses made for Wlad every time he goes out there and bores us half to death with a crap fight. Again... the blame goes both ways.... both to Wlad, and his crap opponents. I'm more than ready for some real heavyweight action once again!

El Kabong Guest

Not certain which flaw ends up being the "fatal flaw"...Stiverne's lack of urgency or Wilder's lack of a plan B.

The longer the fight goes the better it will be for BWare, he's got the better chin, he's got a decent ability to counter punch, and he took everything Arreola had to throw at him twice!

Wilder will get the chance early to land and make it count, he had better not take that for granted.

What we might see when these guys fight is Deontay Wilder fighting to last the distance as Stiverne shakes off his attack and builds points up on the scorecards.

Stiverne finally catches Wilder in 8, TKO for BWare and back to the drawing board (with all the king's horses and all the king's men) for Wilder

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm ready for a new era in heavyweight boxing.
    Come back in 5 years

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Come back in 5 years

pessimist!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn straight! I was among those excited about Wlad-Haye...... until the fight actually happened. Then it was just another in a long line of disappointments. I'm tired of having excuses made for Wlad every time he goes out there and bores us half to death with a crap fight. Again... the blame goes both ways.... both to Wlad, and his crap opponents. I'm more than ready for some real heavyweight action once again!
    Agreed. This is a potential punch-fest from 2 power hitters.

With Wlad-Haye I don't know which was worse:
    1. Haye ran like a track star named twinkle- toes, then claimed one of his toes prevented him from standing in there and handling business. Did a toe catch fire from all that canvas friction?
    or
    2. Wlad who is pretty smart, couldn't figure out how to cut the ring off from a 9-toe-fighter.

El Kabong Guest

Come back in 5 years

pessimist!
    No I'm a pragmatist....these dudes won't beat Wladimir. We have yet to see how Wilder handles such a step up in competition, what happens when Stiverne doesn't fold up for him? Stiverne I think is more tried and tested and seemingly has a very solid chin.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Did a toe catch fire from all that canvas friction?
    or
    2. Wlad who is pretty smart, couldn't figure out how to cut the ring off from a 9-toe-fighter.

LMAO at the mental picture of Haye's toe catching fire.

But yeah..... fair assessment of what was basically a HUGE letdown of a fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say whatever you want but WE ARE on the verge of the Heavyweight division going full circle and becoming the glamour division again.... gonna take a few more years then its gonna be full of hungry young fighters coming through.
    Wilder could just be the catalyst if he does a demolision job on the 17th , we've got Joshua smashing his way through the rankings as well. Kids are gonna see these guys knocking guys out and that lights the fuse and brings the dollar/glamour back into it.

I'm definitely excited about this fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come back in 5 years

pessimist!
    No I'm a pragmatist....these dudes won't beat Wladimir. We have yet to see how Wilder handles such a step up in competition, what happens when Stiverne doesn't fold up for him? Stiverne I think is more tried and tested and seemingly has a very solid chin.

Stiverne has shown in the past that he can be extremely, shall we say...... umm.... "un-busy". If that Stiverne decides to show up against Wlad, we're in for another very long night. Wlad will maintain his distance, and it's off on another cure for insomnia.

Deontay is the "wild card" here (excuse the pun). We can assume he'll fail the first time he gets rocked, but it remains an unseen and unknown supposition.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am really excited about this as I want Wilder to win. I want him to make a couple of defences and then go for Wlad.

I really hope he does not end up like Seth Mitchell.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

For Wlad-Haye the guy doing the talking (Haye) should have put on a better show, Wlad said 'I'm taking him 12 and I'll stop him then'....Haye was all "I'll decapitate you and your brother!" and then he fought like a little bitch. Wlad did exactly what he said he would do bar the last second KO.

Deontay Wilder has not fought good or even average opponents yet, Stiverne CAN be lazy in the ring but once he's hit he's one of those guys who throws right back. Neither of them are cultured boxers, they are brawlers...Stiverne has a shot because he has power and a good chin, Wilder just has power and size. Wlad has better technical skills in the ring, he has more experience, he's not going to get caught up in the build up to a fight....these guys are new to this whole thing it will be a rude awakening for them, I'm sorry Titofan

Thread Information