Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    I do not think saturation bombing of civilians is anything to be considered admirable.
    Needs must at the time what you must remember, at the time Hitler was exterminating Jews, nothing
    is really admirable in War,but standing by doing nothing is a none starter.
    In Wars lots of civilians get killed, as we speak civilians are being killed in the Middle east,! nothing
    changes, lets face it Churchill had a dirty job to do but SOME ONE had to do it.
    I have no problems with what had to be done in WW2, it may not be admirable but it was necessary.!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think saturation bombing of civilians is anything to be considered admirable.
    saturation bombing is indeed nothing to be proud of I do not get any satisfaction out of honoring those who carry out saturation bombing

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    saturation bombing is indeed nothing to be proud of I do not get any satisfaction out of honoring those who carry out saturation bombing

Yeah but look at the Japs too if you guys hadnt of bombed out those two cities right in their own home they would still be fighting you.

Germany was the same they bombed London for the same reasons that we eventually flattened them at their home. Its called ending it for good.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

Yeah but look at the Japs too if you guys hadnt of bombed out those two cities right in their own home they would still be fighting you.

Germany was the same they bombed London for the same reasons that we eventually flattened them at their home. Its called ending it for good.
    Yes, much is made of our use of nukes, rightly so of course, but we killed many more people firebombing Berlin. Sick way to go about war but what isn't. I did not realise Winston considered Islam can anyone give me a condensed explanation of this. Very interesting.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Germans call Churchill a war criminal - Telegraph

Churchill was a war criminal who stated himself that the murder of civilians was the way to go. Now you can use whatever metrics you like, but that man was both a war criminal and a terrorist. It's easy to pit an us against them style rhetoric, but the enemy has never been the German people whom the British slaughtered in their millions. The enemy has always been the elite on both sides and as usual the working classes were sacrificed at the altar of lunatics and paedophiles. Now I haven't done the research, but there are a lot of allegations that Churchill was a paedophile and of course when you factor in the Knighthood and the praise from the likes of Cameron, then it all starts to fit together in a rather obvious way. Of course we should always remember the holocaust and the great Churchill (and at the same time cover up current day paedophilia and ignore the Palestinian holocaust). It all fits together all too easily. People are either too stupid or too ignorant to connect the dots. 'How dare you criticise the great Churchill! You would be speaking German!'. So did the monarchy until quite recently and they supported Hitler too! At least I am consistent in that I oppose both Hitler and Churchill.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Almost became a Muslim too. The knighthood is usually given to perverts and arms dealers so be cautious in praising a man that condemned millions to death.
    Do you think there was a viable course of action for him to take that would have avoided war?
    Of course. We could go back as the first world war, but at the least The Treaty of Versaille should have never been imposed on Germany. It was inhumane and cruel and led to extremism. When people have nothing to lose they will either start a revolution or vote for something extreme. In this case the German people voted for the extreme, though of course they didn't realise just how extreme the Nazi's were. You see it in the modern day where austerity is put in place again because of stupid politicians and greedy bankers. There is another way and that way is to treat people with dignity and respect. It seems we will never learn. Churchill was an establishment puppet and seemingly the last thing on his mind was the welfare of working people who he slaughtered on both sides. I would love to know how many Eton graduates fought and died as compared to the rest of the population. The British even had to get rid of Churchill to see in the welfare state. He was the benefactor of the Establishment and that is why he must be worshipped, but it is false idolatry. It doesn't take much of a leap to see Churchill as loony and genocidal as Hitler. He was quite bonkers.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohh ohk den,

about why'd dem Gerries bomb our local chip shop thun eh?

Fookin ansa me Dat.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

I completely agree I think the germans and the japanese both deserve to be saturation bond if it were not for the fact of the 2 atomic bomb is being dropped on Nagar sake and heroshima in 1945 doing the month of august the japanese would never have surrender and in that case united states and a japanese would have lost millions and millions of trooips so therefore in this case it was the little lesser of 2 evils

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles, admiration is not idolatry, and to suggest that Churchill, one of the greatest speech writers and pragmatists who changed his political party three times, and made decisive decisions, often contrary to his advisors, was a puppet, is a bit daft. And now you are suggesting he was both a war criminal and a paedophile? Seriously it just comes across as being contrary for the sake of it and condescending to everyone else as though we are all a bit stupid or something. You don't have to agree with everything someone does to recognise their merits. Not every non working class person is a nonce or a cunt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, recently there was been a lot of 'Praise Churchill to the skies' in the media which washes over his own genocide in India, his carpet bombing of Dresden, and almost nobody ever mentions his fondness for the company of younger men. I am not trying to be contrary, but merely to point out that he wasn't such a great man and that in terms of war crimes he is little different to Hitler and that in terms of sexuality he may well have been your classic Establishment peadophile which is something even Hitler would rather avoid.

I don't understand Churchill as a so called great leader. The greatness was in the men who took great risks for their country in a war that would never have occurred had the Treaty of Versailles never forced Germany into their own permanent austerity. Politicians like Churchill led to rise of Nazi Germany and some in the monarchy even admired Hitler. I will never respect a man who carpet bombs innocent people. Never. And if he buggers children, then even worse. His writings for instance, will never atone for his elitist barbarism.

Churchill and Hitler are two sides of the same coin to me.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winston Churchill and a tall filler in some people's minds would diametrically opposed as one seems like a liberal rainbow and her mother seems like a fascist wine however there were some similarities in terms of the mind waiting wicked violence destructive war towards the enemy

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Churchill and Hitler are not two sides of the same coin. Making ridiculous assertions is not at all helpful and just negates debate.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To suggest "Churchill may have been a paedophile which is something even Hitler avoided" is both crass and derisory. It's buying into an ideology like holocaust denial. It's bleeding heart liberal bullshit and yet ironically nobody will call it that. Everything you know is not a lie anymore than all taught history is gospel. Balance, common sense and sound judgement not outlandish claims for effect. The ramifications and consequences of buying into things wholesale works both ways and failing to find light in the middle will make both Extremes- mainstream sheeple and everything's a conspiracy - completely blind and unable to act or change things personally and then in communities which is where we all must start. Me included.

Thread Information