Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sir Winston Churchill

Our greatest servant Sir Winston Churchill's funeral marked 50 years on. There should be a film made of him.

BBC News - Sir Winston Churchill's funeral marked 50 years on
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Sir Winston Churchill

There have been a few movies made about him, 'Into The Storm' was a good one

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that last picture looks like a character of Tony Soprano words shall I say James Gandolfini how can I be Winston Churchill I don't see any church or hill in the background and all of England must know that the cigar that he is pictured smoking in that photo is not the actual kind of cigar that he smoked on a daily basis in fact he love Cuban cigars almost as much as hondurena in cigars and there are even some cigars from El Salvador Guatemala and other Caribbean countries which grow tobacco in such a way that Winston Churchill would have loved to have smoked a few of those in the past and over it is too late now he's not smoking in the picture and everyone knows the picture is fake.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    that last picture looks like a character of Tony Soprano words shall I say James Gandolfini how can I be Winston Churchill I don't see any church or hill in the background and all of England must know that the cigar that he is pictured smoking in that photo is not the actual kind of cigar that he smoked on a daily basis in fact he love Cuban cigars almost as much as hondurena in cigars and there are even some cigars from El Salvador Guatemala and other Caribbean countries which grow tobacco in such a way that Winston Churchill would have loved to have smoked a few of those in the past and over it is too late now he's not smoking in the picture and everyone knows the picture is fake.
    He is holding a pen and your his spectacles
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would of been a mean poker player.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Almost became a Muslim too. The knighthood is usually given to perverts and arms dealers so be cautious in praising a man that condemned millions to death.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Almost became a Muslim too. The knighthood is usually given to perverts and arms dealers so be cautious in praising a man that condemned millions to death.
    I see that point just like the sycophants that lick henry "the butcher of Mongolia" Kissinger's ass.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't have to be a sycophant to respect what Churchill achieved. The guy dealt masterfully with the cards that were handed to him at the time, and the fact that he was far from perfect does not negate his achievements. This revisionist view of history where everyone is dismissed with the benefit of hindsight, just ends up throwing out the baby with the bath water. He warned about Hitler back in the 1930's so acute was his judgement at times. Millions of people lined the streets for his funeral procession because of what he represented for them. He unified a small country against a huge and seemingly overwhelming threat and inspired both the troops at war and the civilians at home. He was a great writer, soldier and pragmatist, and had a bucketful of wit for every occasion.

When accused of being a hypocrite in wanting to help the Russians (when attacked by the Nazis) despite not being a huge fan of Communism

"Not at all. I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler, and my life is much simplified thereby. If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons."

His comments on his meeting with Ibn Saud, a Muslim ruler

"A number of social problems arose. I had been told that neither smoking nor alcoholic beverages were allowed in the Royal Presence. As I was the host at luncheon I raised the matter at once, and said to the interpreter that if it was the religion of His Majesty to deprive himself of smoking and alcohol I must point out that my rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred right smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after, and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them."

Some more of his famous wit

Lady Astor: "Winston, you're drunk". Winston: "But I shall be sober in the morning and you, madam, will still be ugly. "

Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea." Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

At the end of his life though bent double he still managed to hang on to his wit

Churchill grew increasingly physically frail in the last months of his long life. Near the end he was seen waiting for a friend in a corridor of the House of Commons (from which he himself had retired). He was bent double on his stick and seemed oblivious to everyone around him. Two current Tory MPs were passing and exibited all the compassion and loyalty for which that great party is noted. One said to the other, sotto voce: "They say the old chap's gone quite crazy." Quick as a flash, Churchill was heard to mutter: "They say he can't hear as well."
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it wasnt for many of his actions you and me would be dead your relatives all dead or we would be all speaking German under a much more horrific regime.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are like an old idealistic fucking woman.
    Yes I'm sure if the people had had the choice they would still have chosen Winston Churchill as a leader , over a lily livered ponce like you.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 01-31-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I think of Churchhill, I always imagine the enormous pressure he's been through during the constant bombing by, excuse me Britons, clearly superior power, and still managed to smile and cheer you folks up during one of your darkest and most frightening time of history. Amazing fella indeed...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Churchill was an obese drunkard who cost killed million of men because of a debt to a Jew, he is of no discernible talent or achievement and is a disgrace to politics and humanity.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information