Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were Saunders would you face N'Dam now or Lee/Quillen in the summer?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If you were Saunders would you face N'Dam now or Lee/Quillen in the summer?

N'Dam-Saunders Ordered By The IBF For Vacant Title - Boxing News

The IBF have ordered the fight to happen. However Saunders is likely to the shot in the summer against Lee or Quillen after taking step a side money. If you were him would you scrap that plan and take on N'Dam? Saunders is in a very nice place to be in right now.

Hassan N'Dam could face Sam Soliman after Sturm rejects title shot - Ring TV

If Saunders doesn't take the IBF route it's looking like it's N'Dam - Soliman for the vacant belt.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you were Saunders would you face N'Dam now or Lee/Quillen in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

The IBF have ordered the fight to happen. However Saunders is likely to the shot in the summer against Lee or Quillen after taking step a side money. If you were him would you scrap that plan and take on N'Dam? Saunders is in a very nice place to be in right now.

If Saunders doesn't take the IBF route it's looking like it's N'Dam - Soliman for the vacant belt.
    It's like waiting for a bus, 2 arrive at once.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you were Saunders would you face N'Dam now or Lee/Quillen in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

It's like waiting for a bus, 2 arrive at once.
    Sure is, all three of the potential opponents are tough fights for him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ndam 1st then Lee Quillen winner

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I don't think he could do both to be honest but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders is a good fighter and I definitely under rated him but he beat 4 unbeaten fighters in a row and took on Junior when he did not have to.

BJS should take the easiest and most lucrative route which would be Lee.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I don't think he could do both to be honest but I could be wrong.
    Him and ndam is a 50/50 fight. Saunders probably would be favorite if fight in England. Hed be fav over Lee too. Quillin be a tough fight but I give Saunders a good chance here too, Quillen is nothing special

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Saunders is a good fighter and I definitely under rated him but he beat 4 unbeaten fighters in a row and took on Junior when he did not have to.

BJS should take the easiest and most lucrative route which would be Lee.
    Ndam would probably be easier then Quillen though and hes more likely to have to fight him then Lee. Also cant see Quillen coming to England

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4pO_zVLXPuc

Recent Saunders interview not watched this yet

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight N'Dam and he's gotta think he wins that , no disrespect to N'Dam, but he's not gonna get a better chance. Then he'll be a World Champion and he could fight who he wants, including a unification fight with the winner of Lee/Quillin.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After listening to that interview it's pretty obvious he's going down the WBO route.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all 3 of those guys beat Saunders handily myself, as would a good few other 160 lbers. It was a decent performance to scrape by Eubank Jr(Who lets just forget had never fought a live body beforehand) but why do people honestly give him such a good chance against people who can genuinely fight a bit over 12 rounds. Could be wrong, I just don't see him as being very good.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The interview was done before the IBF announcement.

If I was Billy Joe i'd do the lottery this week.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not often in this game that a man has 2 opportunities at the same time. The risk here is that if he loses the Wbo may figure out a way to shuffle the deck and he'd miss out on the Lee/Kid Ovaltine fight. I'm sure they are banking on Lee. On the other hand should he win he would immediately double his purse for that now unification showdown.

Tough call

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Its not often in this game that a man has 2 opportunities at the same time. The risk here is that if he loses the Wbo may figure out a way to shuffle the deck and he'd miss out on the Lee/Kid Ovaltine fight. I'm sure they are banking on Lee. On the other hand should he win he would immediately double his purse for that now unification showdown.

Tough call
    He's in a great spot. A Lee fight in the UK/Ireland is the most lucrative. But if Lee loses to Kid Ovaltine, as @IamInuit refers to him, which is a distinct possibility, then the Lee fight won't happen.
    I assume that if Saunder loses to N'Dam he loses his mandatory spot for a fight against the Lee/Kid Ovaltine winner?

I actually think N'Dam is a tougher fight for Saunders than Quillin. Saunders can box, but he doesn't hit that hard. N'Dam can box too, and is faster than Saunders, but doesn't have a great chin. Quillin is the worst boxer of the three, but has the biggest punch. Saunders has a chance at an upset against Quillin if he boxes and moves. I'm not sure he can box and move against N'Dam. Therefore, I might wait out for Lee/Kid Ovaltine winner.

Thread Information