El Kabong Guest

Default Reefer Madness all over again?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reefer Madness all over again?

It's just sad. It's another example of how people just get married to their ideas and refuse to listen to reason. People know it's nonsense.

I'm not a big pot guy so I can see there's a lot of bullshit coming from both sides of the coin, though. For every stuffy guy in a suit talking about how dangerous pot is, there's about 10 moron pot heads claiming that smoking pot cures every disease known to man.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any carnival side show of a politician still wagging his cane at herb is clearly out of touch and out of real ideas. On occasion though some of its proponents have come off equally adrift. I've known people who took its ease and subtlety and turned it into a near psychological crack fiend like relationship. That last article hit it on the head with the high becoming a norm, very routine and if not careful it people verse it into daily routine and necessity just as waking up and going to work. Not all, some. I agree with the quality points, obviously. Its gotten to the point of ludicrous with near retardifying strains being stroked and given 4 names like it was a designer gold nugget shitting poodle walking around the Westminster dog show. Its ganja...get a grip. Also, I've never used 'dangerous' pertaining to bud but those edibles..used in food...watch THAT shit! There has never been a high like two stoners making a huge trey of brownies after eating nothing all day and getting the munchies at midnight. Seriously...tripping! Much better and enjoyed as the exception I found instead of a decade or two of waking n baking , very expansive and more often than not you get tunnel vision.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just say no and live your life in the real world and make the best of it with natural highs like laughter, adventure and a little fear.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just say no and live your life in the real world and make the best of it with natural highs like laughter, adventure and a little fear.
    Hello Rolly

Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stu pot (pun intended?) can be seen as mc in boxing matches now. Perfect role model.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I believe you'd get better results telling people the TRUTH about pot. Why be afraid of it? It's just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I eat a lot of it at weekends but don't touch it during the week or I wouldn't be on the ball for work. When I'm on holiday I do it all day every day and I need a day or two off it before I go back to work.

All this stuff about it being much stronger is all nonsense. My favourite stuff is a plant from the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan that's been grown in Europe for half a century and it tests out with as high a THC level as any hybrid anybody has yet managed to come up with.

El Kabong Guest

I may have tried that one before....not in a cake though.

It's all so ridiculous really...

Short term effects
    Sensory distortion
    Panic
    Anxiety
    Poor coordination of movement
    Lowered reaction time
    After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
    Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)

Long term effects
    Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
    Suppression of the immune system
    Growth disorders
    Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
    Reduction of male sex hormones
    Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
    Reduced sexual capacity
    Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
    Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
    Personality and mood changes
    Inability to understand things clearly

I've smoked before hockey games and been absolutely fine. Slowed reaction times and poor coordination my ass! As for the long term effects lowered immune system...it's pot not HIV! Growth disorders Reduction of testosterone? Well as males age that happens naturally ergo the whole "Ask your doctor if you have 'Low T' " so you can be put on quasi-steroids. Reduced sexual capacity? Not especially in fact quite the opposite. Study difficulties, inability to understand thing clearly? I mean Kirk, you and I disagree on plenty of politics and economics but I would believe that even you don't buy into that horseshit.

As comedian and avid pot user Doug Benson says "There are people who try it, and don't like it and they don't use it again, that's the system and the system works just fine"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's purple buds, not green. And it smells like no other buds you've smelt. It's hard to get even over here.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just heard a really sad interview on the radio with a young MS sufferer who they refuse to prescribe medical cannabis for, to alleviate some of his worst symptoms. They are willing to prescribe something chemically produced that could put him into a coma and cost £20,000 a year but in his early twenties he would rather not risk it.

Understandably despite his being wheelchair bound etc he has to go to the hassle of sourcing green himself with all the hassle that entails. He is afraid that the old bill might break his door down any minute and hurt him while arresting him. He is already incredibly frail and partially paralysed. What a messed up situation. Pretty heartbreaking stuff.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marijuana has proven to be, if nothing else, a great NON ADDICTIVE painkiller for those with nasty illness. The fact that they are keeping it from those people is just mind numbing.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Marijuana has proven to be, if nothing else, a great NON ADDICTIVE painkiller for those with nasty illness. The fact that they are keeping it from those people is just mind numbing.
    It's also a hell of a lot safer than Alcohol and I'll defend the recreational use of alcohol til the day I die!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've experienced anxiety and increased heart rate on a few occasions. I think too much is put into sellers trying to 'prescribe' certain types saying this one is a mellow high...this one is a creeper high...this one keeps you peppy. More so at least in my experience its much more dependent on the user and circumstances at the time. The reduced sexual capacity and or urge is absolute horseshat. If anything its the exact opposite.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It's also a hell of a lot safer than Alcohol and I'll defend the recreational use of alcohol til the day I die!!!!
    Yup. I was a bouncer for about 6 months when I was 19 and anyone who has done that knows how pleasant it is to deal with someone high on marijuana over someone drunk or high on another substance. I've seen people get drunk and pull knives, guys out of their minds on cocaine fighting cops... but the worst thing a pot smoker ever did was light up a joint on the dance floor

Thread Information