64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Karl Mildenberger ~ 'I Had The Formula To Beat Cassius Clay'

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I am a bit late to the thread so dunno if it's been discussed but which bond girl was she again??

Was it Mary Goodnight from The Man with the Golden Gun?

Absolute hottie! One of the better ones.

Seems a little weird getting a hard on over bond girls that still look ageless on film but are old enough to be my grandmother lol
    'The Man with the Golden'

Released; December 1974

Mary Goodnight > A 32 year-old astoundingly stupid blonde British Agent.

I would rate Britt Ekland's movie performance as a 34-B.

HAAAARhahahaha

That's brilliant Bill!

~ Karl Mildenberger vs. Oscar Bonavena ~

~ Round Scoring Recap by the Experts ~

........... Bill Paxtom ......... Angelo Dundee .............. 'UPI' ....... Associated Press ...

#1 ........ 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-3 {OB} ...................... {OB} .......... {OB}
    #2 ........ 5-5 {Even} ........ 5-5 {Even} .................... Even .......... {KM}
    #3 ........ 5-5 {Even} ........ 5-4 {OB} ....................... Even .......... {OB}
    #4 ........ 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-4 {OB} ...................... {OB} ........... {OB}
    #5 ........ 5-3 {KM} ........... 5-4 {KM} ...................... {KM} .......... {KM}
    #6 ........ 5-4 {KM} ........... 5-4 {KM} ...................... {KM} .......... {KM}

#7 ........ 5-3 {OB} ........... 5-3 {OB} ...................... {OB} ........... {OB}
    #8 ........ 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-4 {OB} ...................... {OB} ........... {OB}
    #9 ........ 5-4 {KM} ........... 5-4 {KM} ..................... {KM} ........... {KM}
    #10 ...... 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-4 {OB} ...................... {OB} ........... {OB}
    #11 ...... 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-4 {OB} ...................... Even ............ Even
    #12 ...... 5-4 {OB} ........... 5-4 {OB} ...................... {OB} ........... {OB}

Total .... 56-52 ................ 57-50 ........................... 6-3-3 ........... 7-4-1

General Analysis

Round 1 >
    Was fairly even, until Oscar scored a 'flash-knockdown' on Karl at the {2:18 Mark} by catching him with
    a thudding 'double' left-hook to the head. Karl was up almost immediately {2-Count}, and fought on.

Rounds 2 and 3 >
    Were fought mostly on 'even ground'.

Round 4 >
    Karl fought a solid Round here, and was well on way to winning the session until he got caught at the end
    of the Round by a crunching left-hook high on the forehead at the {2:52 Mark}. Karl again was up immediately
    at the {1-Count}.

Round 5 >
    Karl again fought well here, and stalled Oscar's bull rushes. At the end of the Round, Oscar hit Karl low {3-Times}.
    At the end of the Round, Referee - Harry Krause penalized Oscar {1-Point} for low blows.

Round 6 >
    A solid Round for Karl.

Round 7 >
    Oscar the was the aggressor here, and dropped Karl with a booming straight right-hand to the chin at the {1:25 Mark}.
    Oscar kept up the pressure, and jarred Karl several more times during the Round. Clearly a 'dominant' and {+2 Point}
    Round for Oscar.

Round 8 >
    A good Round for Oscar, as he displayed his strength.

Round 9 >
    The best complete Round for Karl, as he badly hurt and staggered Oscar with a left-hand at the {2:20 Mark}.

Round 10 >
    Karl was having a good Round here, especially over the second-half of the session. But he got caught by a hard
    left-hook at the {2:50 Mark} and went down again {it was his 4th visit to the canvas}. Karl was up at the
    4-Count, and was 'dazed' at the Bell.

Round 11 >
    Oscar was the aggressor, and Karl was forced to stay on the defensive.

Round 12 >
    Oscar the aggressor and was in command throughout.
    Shut the fuck up Bill! LOL
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bill Paxtom Atomic Saxton
    Likes his girls Buxom
    Just before he Fuxom

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Likes his girls Buxom
    Just before he Fuxom

"Excuse me sir."

"Do you know the way to Brockton Block Buster's home. I have a 'special delivery' here."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Likes his girls Buxom
    Just before he Fuxom

"Excuse me sir."

"Do you know the way to Brockton Block Buster's home. I have a 'special delivery' here."

I will take that special delivery any time. I can even go to pick it up. She doesn't even have to waste her gasoline driving to my house. Plus Master is too busy for her right now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Well, Mr. Brockton Block Buster. There is more to you than meets the eye."

"Let me put is this way. I'm very impressed."

"Now let me give you that 'very' special delivery."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that has to be one of the sexiest pictures of any woman ever taken since the history of photography

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

December 30, 1967

Sportspalast ~ Berlin, Germany

European Heavyweight Championship

* Karl Mildenberger ~ 52-4-3 {19 KO's} ~ 6' 1 1/2" ~ 205 lbs. ~ {Age; 30 years, 1 month}
    vs.
    * Gerhard Zech ~ 33-6-3 {20 KO's} ~ 6' 6" ~ 224 lbs. ~ {Age; 29 years, 6 months}
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The Skinny ~

Karl Mildenberger wants to get back into the Top Tier of the Heavyweights, with plans for a
    World Title challenge in mid-1968.

In his previous bout, Karl lost a 12-Round Decision {and suffered '4' knockdowns} to
    Oscar Bonavena in the Quarter-Finals of the WBA Heavyweight Eliminator on September 16, 1967.

For Karl, this will be his 6th Title Defense of his European Crown.

This will be 2nd-time that Karl will face his German countryman - Gerhard Zech. Both of these
    southpaws fought 2-Years earlier {November 26, 1965}, where Karl won a 'dull' and lackluster
    15-Round Decision.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Mildenberger Wins'

'Mildenberger Retains European Heavyweight Title'

Karl Mildenberger using a sharp right-jab and quick left-hand leads won a 'solid' 15-Round Decision
    over German countryman - Gerhard Zech.

The 30 year-old Mildenberger {205 lbs.} was by far the more accurate puncher, and he opened a
    deep cut over the right-eye of Gerhard Zech {224 lbs.} in Round 3.

Mildenberger kept the pressure on Zech during the middle-Rounds, especially in Rounds 6, 7 and 8
    where he visibly hurt the 6' 6" tall Zech with hard straight left-hands to the chin.

Badly behind on Points, Zech did have a good session in Round 9, where he bloodied Mildenberger's
    nose with a hard right-hook.

Zech also fought well during Round 10. But, Mildenberger went back to good boxing during
    Rounds 11, 13 to secure a solid points lead.

Zech did put forth a good effort in Rounds 14 and 15.

The 'sole scoring' Referee carded the bout {71-67} or {8-4-3 in Rounds} for Karl Mildenberger.

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-15-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~ December 1967 ~

~ WBA Ratings ~

*** 'vacant'
    #1 . Jerry Quarry
    #2 . Jimmy Ellis
    #3 . Eduardo Corletti
    #4 . Oscar Bonavena
    #5 . Floyd Patterson
    #6 . Thad Spencer
    #7 . Joe Frazier
    #8 . Karl Mildenberger
    #9 . Manuel Ramos
    #10. Dave Zygliewicz

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

April 1, 1968

~ Heavyweight Happenings ~

Karl Mildenberger >

Karl was set to fight American Leotis Martin on April 5th.

If Karl wins, he's in line for a chance to fight the winner of the April 30th bout between
    Jimmy Ellis vs. Jerry Quarry bout for the 'vacant' WBA Heavyweight Championship.

Wolfgang Mueller {Manager}

After we get by Leotis Martin, we're putting in a request with the WBA to fight the winner
    of the Jimmy Ellis vs. Jerry Quarry 'WBA Championship' bout.

We think we can hold the bout here in Germany, for August 1968.

Joe Frazier >

World Champion - Joe Frazier and Manager- Yancey Durham visited London, England in
    early-April 1968, and where 'weighing' the offers, which included a bout with Karl Mildenberger.

Yancey Durham stated they were indeed interested in a bout with German - Karl Mildenberger,
    but just not in Germany.

Yancey Durham {Manager} >

We're looking at bouts with ;
    * Floyd Patterson
    * Boone Kirkman
    * Eduardo Corletti
    * Manuel Ramos

We may defend against Karl Mildenberger in July 1968, if Mildenberger gets by Philadelphia's
    Leotis Martin when they fight on April 5, 1968.
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-15-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

~ Heavyweight Elimination Bout ~

April 5, 1968

Festhalle ~ Frankfurt, Germany

{#8} Karl Mildenberger ~ 53-4-3 {19 KO's} ~ 6' 1 1/2" ~ 205 lbs. ~ Reach; 74" ~ {Age; 30 years, 1 month}
    vs.
    {#12} Leotis Martin ~ 24-3-0 {14 KO's} ~ 6' 1" ~ 193 lbs. ~ Reach; 76" ~ {Age; 29 years, 1 month}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ The Skinny ~

This bout is billed as a World Heavyweight Elimination bout. The word is, 'if' German Heavyweight - Karl Mildenberger
    wins, he will be offered a bout with Heavyweight Champion - Joe Frazier.

Joe Frazier is in attendance to 'scout' both fighters.

Mildenberger, who is the #8 WBA-ranked Heavyweight, last fought 3-Months ago {December 30, 1967} where he
    won a 15-Round Decision over Gerhard Zech, in defense of his European Heavyweight Crown.

If Philadelphia Heavyweight - Leotis Martin wins, he will be back in line for a bout with the winner of the WBA
    Heavyweight Championship bout between Jerry Quarry vs. Jimmy Ellis {set for April 30, 1968}

Leotis Martin was the #8 WBA-ranked Heavyweight in July 1967, but a loss {L TKO 9} to Jimmy Ellis in the
    WBA Elimination tournament on Augst 5, 1967 set Leotis back a notch.

Then back on November 27, 1967 > Leotis was 'upset' {L Spilt Dec 10} by #10 WBA-ranked Light-Heavyweight
    Roger Russell in a Philadelphia 'grudge match'. The loss dropped Leotis to #12 WBA.

Leotis has been 'idle' for 4-Months.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Pre-Fight Chatter ~

Karl Mildenberger >
    I expect to win. Leotis Martin is a good puncher, but he is not a good boxer. I will use my better technical skills
    to out-box him, and win a Decision.

After my win, I plan {expect} a bout with World Champion - Joe Frazier for August 1968. It can be held here in
    Germany or in America {Philadelphia or Madison Square Garden, New York}.

If I can't get a bout with Joe Frazier, I will probably defend my European Championship against Henry Cooper,
    and then make a move for the WBA Championship for the end of the year {1968}.

Leotis Martin >
    Nobody wants to fight me in the United States. Or they offer me such a little fight purse, that it's not worth the
    effort.

That loss to Roger Russell last year {November 30, 1967} was a 'bad decision'. Everybody in Philadelphia
    knows that. But that is all forgotten now. I came here to not only win, but to 'Knockout' Mildenberger in front
    of his German fans. I'll have him out of there by the 6th Round.

Then it's Joe Frazier. He's been ducking me for 2-Years now. All I want is a chance, no games. He and his
    Manager {Yancey Durham} are always making excuses. They won't fight me.
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-16-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leotis Martin>

"I know Sonny owed a lotta money to some cats in Henderson, Nevada. He fought hard and was beating me, then suddenly from 3 rows behind the timekeeper someone yelled 'Sonny on the Money!", and then Liston left himself wide open for my KO punch. Just didn't seem right."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leotis Martin>

"I know Sonny owed a lotta money to some cats in Henderson, Nevada. He fought hard and was beating me, then suddenly from 3 rows behind the timekeeper someone yelled 'Sonny on the Money!", and then Liston left himself wide open for my KO punch. Just didn't seem right."
    is this true or bill paxtom true?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Leotis Martin>

is this true or bill paxtom true?
    Publicist Harold Conrad and others believed that Liston was deeply involved as a bill collector in a loan-sharking ring in Las Vegas. When he tried to muscle in for a bigger share of the action, Conrad surmised that his employers got him very drunk, took him home, and stuck him with a needle. (2) Professional gambler Lem Banker insists that Liston was murdered by drug dealers with whom he'd become involved. Banker said he was told by police that Liston had been seen at a house that would be the target of a drug raid. Banker said, "Sheriff [Ralph] Lamb told me, 'Tell your pal Sonny to stay away from the West Side because we're going to bust the drug dealers.'" Banker later learned that the police told Liston the same thing to his face. He apparently was at the dealers' house shortly before they got busted. Because of that, the dealers may have thought Sonny ratted on them and they shot him with a hot dose as retribution. (3) The mob promised Liston some money to throw the second Ali fight but they never paid him. As the years passed and Liston's financial situation worsened, he got angry and told the mob he'd go public with the story unless they gave him the money. That got him killed. (4) Liston was supposed to take a dive when he fought Chuck Wepner six months earlier, and killing him was payback for his failure to do so.[55]

Some believe the police covered up what happened. On January 1, Liston's wife called Johnny Tocco and said she hadn't heard from her husband in three days and was worried. A few years before he died, Johnny Tocco allegedly told his good friend, Tony Davi, that he went to Liston's house and found the door locked and his car in the driveway. Tocco called the police, and they broke into the house. Tocco said that the living room furniture was in disarray but the house did not yet smell of death. He said they found Sonny lying on his bed with a needle sticking out of his arm. Johnny left the house before the police did. "Johnny wasn't a braggart," Davi told Liston biographer Paul Gallender. "He told me in the strictest confidence, but it was like he wanted to get it off his chest." Gallender claims, "A lot of officers knew Sonny was dead before Geraldine returned home on January 5, but they chose to let him rot."[55]

Sonny Liston is interred in Paradise Memorial Gardens in Las Vegas, Nevada. His headstone bears the simple epitaph: "A Man."

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Friday ~ Aoril 5, 1968

Festhalle ~ Frankfurt, Germany

~ Mildenberger Kayo Victim To Martin ~

~ Mildenberger Knocked Out By Martin In 7th ~

~ Martin Wins By Kayo, Mildenberger Down For Count ~

~ Mildenberger KO'd In Frankfurt ~

American - Leotis Martin poured it in Round 7, and dropped German - Karl Mildenberger
    '3-Times' to score a Knockout at 3:08 of Round 7.

The 3rd Knockdown came with 2-Seconds left in the 7th Round, but despite the sound of
    the Bell ending the Round, the German was counted out, as he did not rise before the
    Referee - Ben Bril reached the count of 10.

Leotis Martin {193 lbs.} came out fast from the Opening Bell, and took the initiative as he
    scored with measuring left-jabs and right-hand leads throughout the first 3-Rounds.

Martin scored with frequent long right-hands to Mildenberger's chin, and had no problem
    with the German's southpaw attack, as he countered Mildenberger's sporadic right-hands
    with his own long right-hands.

Karl Mildenberger {205 lbs.} got back into the fight in Round 4, as he scored with pin-point
    right-jabs. But his punches showed no effect on the American, who was not bothered at all
    by Mildenberger's southpaw stance in an 'Even' Round.

The hometown German had his best moments early in Round 5, as again he was accurate with
    his right-jab, and he did score with several good left-hand leads to Martin's head. But the
    hard-hitting Martin rallied late, and shook Mildenberger with '2' hard right-hands to the chin
    in another 'Even' Round.

But in Round 6, Martin looked to be tiring, and Mildenberger moved in close to out-work the
    American with an assortment of light-punches to the head, to edge out the Round.

In Round 7, Leotis came out fast and surprised Mildenberger with a barrage of punches, and
    had the German 'reeling' some after tagging him with a hard right-hand. Later in the Round at
    the {1:44 Mark} Martin had the German on the floor from a 'left-right' to the chin.

Mildenberger rose at the '4-Count', and was ready to fight on.

The German was able to weather the 'storm' briefly for 50-Seconds, but Martin started to unload
    his heavy-punches, and Mildenberger went down again from a 'jolting' left-right to the chin at
    the {2:44 Mark}.

This time Mildenberger was down for a '7-Count', and rose looking 'dazed' at the {2:52 Mark}.

Martin then moved in from the 'Neutral-Corner' and forced Mildenberger to back up to the Ropes
    at the {2:55 Mark}.

Then immediately, the American ripped away with a furious 'left-right' combination, and then caught
    the German with a long right-hook to the chin, sending Mildenberger 'sagging' into the Ropes at
    the {2:58 Mark}.

The Referee's count reached '2' at the Bell, but Ben Bril kept counting as Mildenberger was still
    on the canvas. He did not rise before the '10-Count' and Leotis Martin was awarded a 'Knockout'
    victory at {3:08} of Round 7.

{Below, Karl Mildenberger is 'Down For The Count', as he is counted out by Referee -Ben Bril}

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-17-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing News {September 13, 1968}

Germany's Karl Mildenberger to defend his European Crown against Britain's Henry Cooper on September 18th.

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 04-17-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Thread Information