Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who will you vote for?

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election 2015

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: General Election 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    There's enough wrong in this post to take a book to answer but let's just look at the first really dumb thing you say. That 92 million includes everybody 16 or over in education and everybody under 65 and retired with money and everybody retired 65 or over, every disabled person and so on. This number is always a "record number" because the population is currently growing quite quickly and the baby boomer generation are all retiring, squeezing the working age share of the population down.

The fact is that in terms of social mobility -- the ability to be born into one socio-economic group and move upwards during your lifetime -- (what you're told is the American Dream) America comes dead last out of all industrialised countries. Dead fucking last.

Also, too. If you've got something to say about the British election you're welcome to post it here. Otherwise stop bringing your regulat garbage into every fucking thread.
    Oh I DARED to voice an opinion different than yours....oh dear, dear me, I am dreadfully sorry to upset you so.

Allow me to break down what I was saying...

Oh the +55's are starting to get MORE involved in the economy again Hmm, curious that. I do wonder why they wouldn't just retire...I mean the economy has been EPIC recently. And the youth staying in school, and the prime age workers also dropping out of the workforce, hmmm curious...it's almost like that graph has an agenda to prove you wrong. You should call up this ....U.S. "Census Bureau" and give them what for comrade!

Excuse me, did you say "ALWAYS A RECORD NUMBER"

...Always....like every single time? Because to ME....and this is JUST me lol.... it looks like that graph has some peaks and valleys which would of course suggest that....no, that number is NOT "ALWAYS A RECORD NUMBER"

When you say "dead last out of all industrialized countries. Dead fucking last."

....is the U.K. not industrialized? Because they seem to be worse off than the United States....but of course THAT couldn't be right as it flies in the face of your reality and we all know that YOUR reality is what really matters.

Yes I have views on the British elections as I am a citizen of the world....otherwise it would be silly for me to comment in such a thread seeing how I don't live in England, I mean who.....who would comment on the political and economic policies of a place where they don't live Kirkland? Whoever would do such a thing?

I'd say UKIP is the most Libertarian party: anti-prohibition on currently illegal drugs, clearing out excessive taxation, peace through strength in regards to the military , seeking mutually beneficial trade terms with the EU....but you likely want the polar opposite and certainly you're more than within your rights to want that, also if you dislike my posts you could just skip over them and not read them nor respond to them, but I don't want to tell you what to do as you wouldn't listen to reason anyway.

Well I hope this has been educational for you and good luck with getting through each day with your attitude....won't be long before someone stabs you in the throat with a spork because you're a whingy cunt but hey, you'll die as you lived....a whingy cunt

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle - you have the right to an opinion on British politics, in the same way that I have the right to an opinion on the United States. Even the study you have quoted there which does put the US slightly ahead of the UK states that American society is much "stickier" than most people think in the US.

The Equality Trust study does have the US behind the UK, but not by much, while the Gini coefficient that actually shows the inequality of the population's income is stark for the US.

As for the build up to the election, I always quite like it, and once again I'll be grabbing that £100 for being a counting assistant in my local area. The media buy in to far too much of the spin from both sides, but I guess its inevitable as they try to filter through the crap produced by an army of press officers. Personally, I really hope we don't swing to the right. Although UKIP's procession of embarrassing racists and MEP's milking the system is a joke, it doesn't seem to affect their polling stats. Their polling suggests they could even hold the balance of power, which could be a disaster if they get into bed with the Tories for five years.

El Kabong Guest

I was about to say, given the grief Americans get for the doings of our leaders I sure as fuck am allowed to voice whatever I feel like about British politics.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course you can, Lyle. Say whatever you like. Kirkland sounds more like a banker with every post. Off with all their heads, every last one of them. And nationalise all property and destroy the monarchy and death to the banking wreckers. Labour and Tories and vile civil service careerists. UK forever.....without parliament or London.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Election 2015: Leaders 'looking forward' to TV debate

David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg have all sounded upbeat ahead of their only TV election debate.

They each said they were "looking forward" to the TV clash which also features UKIP, the SNP, Greens and Plaid Cymru leaders for the first time.

It is the only time Conservative PM Mr Cameron and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg will face the others before 7 May.

SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon said the seven-way debate illustrated that "two-party politics at Westminster is over".

Norman Smith, BBC assistant political editor, said the stakes were in a way highest for Mr Cameron and Mr Miliband as the smaller parties had less to lose.

Election 2015: Leaders 'looking forward' to TV debate - BBC News
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the most pointless election ever. Young people should rise up and destroy everything. It's a ponzi scheme for their rich parents. Fucking trash the entire country and slaughter all bankers. HSBC burn.

This is why I like 'Watching the wheels' by John Lennon. The young should be slaying this system. Instead they wait for their parents to die. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It is the most pointless election ever. Young people should rise up and destroy everything. It's a ponzi scheme for their rich parents. Fucking trash the entire country and slaughter all bankers. HSBC burn.

This is why I like 'Watching the wheels' by John Lennon. The young should be slaying this system. Instead they wait for their parents to die. I don't get it.
    Yoko pays tribute to Cynthia, the secret wife John Lennon treated so very cruelly: How the Beatles star's late wife watched in silence as he hid her from the world and had affairs on the road

Read more: Cynthia Lennon, the secret wife The Beatles' John treated so cruelly | Daily Mail Online

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The entire system is built on fraud. None of this money in circulation existed before the banks lied it into existence. Then they want to cream off the top. I know you are reading, Kirkland. It is fraud and it is a crime and you should all pay with blood. That is revolution. You lot prey on everyone being ignorant. When enough are ready, be ready. Paedo's first though, and that sticks with the UK election theme. X, never a paedo.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    There's enough wrong in this post to take a book to answer but let's just look at the first really dumb thing you say. That 92 million includes everybody 16 or over in education and everybody under 65 and retired with money and everybody retired 65 or over, every disabled person and so on. This number is always a "record number" because the population is currently growing quite quickly and the baby boomer generation are all retiring, squeezing the working age share of the population down.

The fact is that in terms of social mobility -- the ability to be born into one socio-economic group and move upwards during your lifetime -- (what you're told is the American Dream) America comes dead last out of all industrialised countries. Dead fucking last.

Also, too. If you've got something to say about the British election you're welcome to post it here. Otherwise stop bringing your regulat garbage into every fucking thread.
    Oh I DARED to voice an opinion different than yours....oh dear, dear me, I am dreadfully sorry to upset you so.

Allow me to break down what I was saying...

Oh the +55's are starting to get MORE involved in the economy again Hmm, curious that. I do wonder why they wouldn't just retire...I mean the economy has been EPIC recently. And the youth staying in school, and the prime age workers also dropping out of the workforce, hmmm curious...it's almost like that graph has an agenda to prove you wrong. You should call up this ....U.S. "Census Bureau" and give them what for comrade!

Excuse me, did you say "ALWAYS A RECORD NUMBER"

...Always....like every single time? Because to ME....and this is JUST me lol.... it looks like that graph has some peaks and valleys which would of course suggest that....no, that number is NOT "ALWAYS A RECORD NUMBER"

When you say "dead last out of all industrialized countries. Dead fucking last."

....is the U.K. not industrialized? Because they seem to be worse off than the United States....but of course THAT couldn't be right as it flies in the face of your reality and we all know that YOUR reality is what really matters.

Yes I have views on the British elections as I am a citizen of the world....otherwise it would be silly for me to comment in such a thread seeing how I don't live in England, I mean who.....who would comment on the political and economic policies of a place where they don't live Kirkland? Whoever would do such a thing?

I'd say UKIP is the most Libertarian party: anti-prohibition on currently illegal drugs, clearing out excessive taxation, peace through strength in regards to the military , seeking mutually beneficial trade terms with the EU....but you likely want the polar opposite and certainly you're more than within your rights to want that, also if you dislike my posts you could just skip over them and not read them nor respond to them, but I don't want to tell you what to do as you wouldn't listen to reason anyway.

Well I hope this has been educational for you and good luck with getting through each day with your attitude....won't be long before someone stabs you in the throat with a spork because you're a whingy cunt but hey, you'll die as you lived....a whingy cunt
    Numbers and percentages Woti. They're not the same thing. The reason for over half the percentage drop in the labour force participation rate since 2001 is the huge increase in the numbers of the retired population as the baby boomer generation start to retire.

And most surveys of major economies find that the US comes dead last in social mobility. The US has the saame level of social mobility as medieval England.

El Kabong Guest

Numbers and percentages Woti. They're not the same thing. The reason for over half the percentage drop in the labour force participation rate since 2001 is the huge increase in the numbers of the retired population as the baby boomer generation start to retire.

And most surveys of major economies find that the US comes dead last in social mobility. The US has the saame level of social mobility as medieval England.
    Alright...

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/arti...hy_100840.html
    That link is there, you aren't required to read all of it, I'll just give you a little dose of information from it.

" A popular view is that labor force participation is declining because older people are retiring. But since 2000 the labor force participation rates of workers 55 and over have been rising steadily, and the labor force participation rates of workers between 16 and 54 have been declining."

Your rebuttal?
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-03-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The UK's party leaders have clashed in the first TV election debate on a range of issues including the NHS, immigration and the deficit.

It is the only time David Cameron and Ed Miliband will appear together on TV ahead of 7 May's polling day.

The Conservative and Labour leaders, as well as the leaders of the Lib Dems, UKIP, the Green Party, the SNP and Plaid Cymru, also debated zero-hours contracts, spending cuts and education in the ITV-hosted contest.

But some of the sharpest exchanges in the two-hour event came when Lib Dem Nick Clegg clashed with Mr Cameron.

Snap polls taken after the debate gave a mixed verdict.

A YouGov poll of 1,100 people gave a clear victory to the SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon, with 28%, followed by UKIP leader Nigel Farage on 20%, Mr Cameron on 18%, Mr Miliband on 15%, Mr Clegg on 10%, Green Party leader Natalie Bennett on 5% and Plaid Cymru's Leanne Wood on 4%.

But a ComRes poll for ITV made it a dead heat between Mr Cameron, Mr Miliband, Mr Farage and Ms Sturgeon, although Mr Cameron came out on top on the question of who was most capable of leading the country.

Mr Miliband was judged best performer in an ICM poll for the Guardian, taking 25% of support, just ahead of David Cameron on 24%.

Election TV debate: Leaders clash over NHS, cuts and immigration - BBC News

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saw the debates last night on PBS in the states. If I could vote, I would vote Labour.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Saw the debates last night on PBS in the states. If I could vote, I would vote Labour.
    Good man.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Good man.
    Aren't you voting Green?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Good man.
    Aren't you voting Green?
    Green is currently in in Brighton Pavilion. That starts two streets away from me. I fall into Hove so will be voting Labour. But anybody that doesn't say Tories or UKIP deserves a 'good man'.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Thread Information