123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: General Election 2015

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Like I said previously, I'm just waiting for you to eventually adopt the full Al Gore position.
    Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first

What makes you think that you're finally right about something? What event has taken place that makes you think, against all the evidence, that you're actually going to be right about something?

You were halfway to Al a couple of weeks ago. You'll get there eventually.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ex-UKIP councillor Rozanne Duncan: 'No regrets' over racist comments

A councillor expelled by the UK Independence Party over what were described as "deeply racist comments", says she does not regret what she said.

Rozanne Duncan, who sits on Thanet District Council, was filmed making the comments as part of BBC documentary Meet the Ukippers, airing on Sunday.

Mrs Duncan said she felt "betrayed" after being expelled in December for bringing UKIP "into disrepute".

But she has insisted she is not racist and does not regret what she said.

She now represents Cliftonville East - in the Thanet South seat where UKIP leader Mr Farage is running for Parliament - as an independent councillor.

UKIP leader Nigel Farage repeated his condemnation of Mrs Duncan's remarks and stood by the decision to expel her from the party.

"Clearly she doesn't have any understanding of the deep offence she has caused by her comments, and we took the right decision," he told BBC Radio 4's Broadcasting House programme.

In the fly-on-the-wall documentary, Mrs Duncan was recorded as telling UKIP press officer Liz Langton Way: "The only people I do have problems with are negroes. And I don't know why.

"I don't know whether there is something in my psyche or whether it's karma from a previous life or whether something happened to me as a very, very young person and I've drawn a veil over it - because that sometimes happens, doesn't it?

"But I really do have a problem with people with negroid features."

BBC News - Ex-UKIP councillor Rozanne Duncan: 'No regrets' over comments
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Apart from black people who only count as 3/5ths of a white person according to the US constitution.
    Which article and clause would I find that in if you would be so kind?

Also you didn't answer my question: phyletic gradualism or punctuated equilibrium? Thanks
    Article I, Section 2 use to have a line that read, "Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

It did't specifically say "black men", but said if you were not a free person, nor Indian, you were 3/5 of a person.

It was later replaced by Section 2 of the 14th Amendment: "Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed."
    Oh it didn't SPECIFICALLY say black people....so I reckon you're wrong. Shame that

Also phyletic gradualism or punctuated equilibrium? Still waiting on your answer for that but take your time, study up

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from black people who only count as 3/5ths of a white person according to the US constitution.
    Which article and clause would I find that in if you would be so kind?

Also you didn't answer my question: phyletic gradualism or punctuated equilibrium? Thanks
    Article I, Section 2 use to have a line that read, "Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons."

It did't specifically say "black men", but said if you were not a free person, nor Indian, you were 3/5 of a person.

It was later replaced by Section 2 of the 14th Amendment: "Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed."
    Oh it didn't SPECIFICALLY say black people....so I reckon you're wrong. Shame that

Also phyletic gradualism or punctuated equilibrium? Still waiting on your answer for that but take your time, study up
    I'm not wrong at all. Read a little about your history and find out why your constitution had to make black people 3/5ths of a white person. Also, too, slavery. Apart from the fact that it allowed slavery and for slaves not to be counted as human beings the US constitution was a triumph of equal rights and a shining example to the rest of humanity.

Three-Fifths Compromise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just because you learnt a new couple of big words doesn't mean you understand what you're talking about. So I'll just wait until you finally fully accept that Al Gore was right and that inevitably you were wrong.

El Kabong Guest

Ahem....you said and I quote "Apart from black people who only count as 3/5ths of a white person according to the US constitution" ...... that was NOT the case and NEVER the case ergo you are wrong!

Meanwhile...in the realm of unanswered questions
    Phyletic gradualism or Punctuated equilibrium....the world waits

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahem....you said and I quote "Apart from black people who only count as 3/5ths of a white person according to the US constitution" ...... that was NOT the case and NEVER the case ergo you are wrong!

I see. So all those slaves had exactly the same rights as every other person in America. That's an interesting take on American history and not one shared by many historians.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And when you use a word like "phyletic" do you really think that people reading it who know you believe you know what you're talking about or do you think they start giggling?

El Kabong Guest

I see. So all those slaves had exactly the same rights as every other person in America. That's an interesting take on American history and not one shared by many historians.
    So 100% of black people were slaves? If you hopped in a time machine and told that to Anthony Johnson I'm certain he would be shocked.

And when you use a word like "phyletic" do you really think that people reading it who know you believe you know what you're talking about or do you think they start giggling?
    Aww honey, if the question was too complex and you wanted me to break it down for you then you should have just asked princess....I didn't mean to bruise your ego.

Come here Kirkland, sit on my knee and let me tell you a story.....you see phyletic gradualism is a slow drawn out dare I say GRADUAL (see where that comes from, GRADUAL-ism....oooh we're learning...it's fun!) process where an organism undergoes changes in order to best adapt to the challenges the environment presents it with. After a while these changes lead the organism to become an entirely different species from it's ancestors. Kind of like the way some dinosaurs are believed to have slowly and steadily developed into birds.

Now on the other hand we have punctuated equilibrium which is a quick dynamic form of evolution happening over a short period of time where an organism quickly separates from it's ancestors into an entirely different species.

....but I interrupted you....you were being condescending

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love you, really good informative posts, it is like a tennis match.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So 100% of black people were slaves? If you hopped in a time machine and told that to Anthony Johnson I'm certain he would be shocked.

Aww honey, if the question was too complex and you wanted me to break it down for you then you should have just asked princess....I didn't mean to bruise your ego.

Come here Kirkland, sit on my knee and let me tell you a story.....you see phyletic gradualism is a slow drawn out dare I say GRADUAL (see where that comes from, GRADUAL-ism....oooh we're learning...it's fun!) process where an organism undergoes changes in order to best adapt to the challenges the environment presents it with. After a while these changes lead the organism to become an entirely different species from it's ancestors. Kind of like the way some dinosaurs are believed to have slowly and steadily developed into birds.

Now on the other hand we have punctuated equilibrium which is a quick dynamic form of evolution happening over a short period of time where an organism quickly separates from it's ancestors into an entirely different species.

....but I interrupted you....you were being condescending
    So we can agree that it was only the black people who were enslaved who counted as 3/5ths of a person as far as the US constitution was concerned. Excellent.

And yes, I'm going to continue laughing at you until you eventually go the full Al Gore. Then I'm going to laugh even more.

El Kabong Guest

Hey, puddin' pop.....whenever you choose to answer my question I'll be....

El Kabong Guest

So we can agree that it was only the black people who were enslaved who counted as 3/5ths of a person as far as the US constitution was concerned. Excellent.

And yes, I'm going to continue laughing at you until you eventually go the full Al Gore. Then I'm going to laugh even more.

See Kirkland, words have meaning and when you say "all black people" that would mean ALL black people. Just to make certain you understand what "all" is.

All - used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing

For example if there was 1 apple in a room and you ate that 1 apple in the room then you would have eaten ALL the apples in that room.

There were slaves oh yes no doubt...were ALL slaves black? No. Were all blacks slaves? No. So your statement is false.

Anna Murray wife of abolitionist Frederick Douglass was a FREE black person for example. James Forten a Philadelphia businessman black, FREE. Robert and Joseph Purvis also FREE blacks. Paul Cuffee FREE black.....and I can go on and on and on depending on how many times you would like for me to hammer home the 100% undeniable fact that you are wrong. Thank you for playing, good day

El Kabong Guest

Phyletic gradualism or punctuated equilibrium?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pathetic.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I love you, really good informative posts, it is like a tennis match.
    A one-sided drubbing of a tennis match.

Thread Information