Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac v Floyd - Tickets might not even go on sale to general public and $100 PPV fee

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac v Floyd - Tickets might not even go on sale to general public and $100 PPV fee

Tickets for Floyd Mayweather's mega-fight with Manny Pacquiao are not yet officially on sale, but re-sale websites are already listing them for up to $21,000 (£13,600).
    Mayweather announced last Friday that he would fight Pacquiao at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 2 in a match-up that has been a decade and a half in the making.
    The fight is expected to be the richest in history, with estimates suggesting the event could gross as much as $400 million (£260m).
    Seats in the 16,800-capacity arena are likely to be hard to come by, with the Times reporting tickets might not even go on sale to the general public. Other suggestions hint at tickets being made available with a minimum face value of $3,500 (£2,300).
    While the fight is still over two months away, re-sale sites, such as ticketnetwork.com, are already listing tickets for the highly-anticipated evening. That site is offering seats in the Arena's upper-tier for $4,095 (£2,660), while a ringside seat with a hotel room thrown in will set fans back $22,864 (£14,900).
    Those whose pockets are not quite deep enough to afford a seat in the Arena will be forced to shell out up to $89.95 (£5 to watch on television - and probably $10 (£6.50) more for HD - under a joint-broadcast deal from American networks Showtime and HBO.
    Mayweather is signed to a deal with Showtime, while Pacquiao is contracted to HBO, and negotiations between the two broadcasters formed one of the sticking points in the brutal negotiations.
    The networks, however, have agreed to co-produce and distribute a joint pay-per-view telecast for the fight, which is expected to soar past the previous record for a pay-per-view bout - the $150m (£97m) spent on Floyd Mayweather's 2013 clash with Saul Alvarez.

Tickets for Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao already selling for up to £13,600 on re-sale sites | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk
    Last edited by smashup; 02-23-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac v Floyd - Tickets might not even go on sale to general public and $100 PPV f

Wonder which UK TV network gets to show it?

Sky PPV, BT Sports, Boxnation are all going to be making bids and i heard even ITV might try to get it as well.

The fee is gonna probably be the most expensive PPV fee that the UK has ever seen too.

Will it reflect the USA fee which works out around £58..?

Is anyone gonna seriously pay that much for it?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ratings for it will be fantastic so a regular station could make a huge bid. Whatever Floyd/Bob thinks brings the most money....

I'm wondering if they will do the 5-10$ PPV plan Bob had been formulating for China. There is so much to be made there.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac v Floyd - Tickets might not even go on sale to general public and $100 PPV f

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The ratings for it will be fantastic so a regular station could make a huge bid. Whatever Floyd/Bob thinks brings the most money....

I'm wondering if they will do the 5-10$ PPV plan Bob had been formulating for China. There is so much to be made there.
    What's that Ron, when you say Arums planned pricing, I didn't hear anything about that. Are you talking about a five to ten US pricing. Doesn't seem like that's happening but it would be nice. @Ron Swanson
    Last edited by walrus; 02-23-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking from a UK point of view id bet A LOT of money it doesn't beat the Hatton v Mayweather PPV figures

Only 8 weeks to push it and No UK fighter involved either Plus another factor is there are so many ways people can watch it either for free in HD (like me) or join a decent streaming site for a few quid and stream it in High Quality also.

I'd be very surprised if it beats the Hatton fight figures and it's gonna be way more expensive too!

Infact i can see it being minimum of £29.99 but realistically i'd say around £34.99

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not worthy a penny. They should be giving it away. Maybe if it happened in 2009-2011 you could charge that... not now.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Sky PPV, BT Sports, Boxnation are all going to be making bids and i heard even ITV might try to get it as well.

The fee is gonna probably be the most expensive PPV fee that the UK has ever seen too.

Probably both and most likely a joint marketing agreement is in place. Looks like I will be watching it on TV. I will pay that money to see that.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This won't mean much to anyone outside Britain, but I even heard BBC are seriously considering bidding for it for their 1st ever PPV!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking from a UK point of view id bet A LOT of money it doesn't beat the Hatton v Mayweather PPV figures

Only 8 weeks to push it and No UK fighter involved either Plus another factor is there are so many ways people can watch it either for free in HD (like me) or join a decent streaming site for a few quid and stream it in High Quality also.

I'd be very surprised if it beats the Hatton fight figures and it's gonna be way more expensive too!

Infact i can see it being minimum of £29.99 but realistically i'd say around £34.99
    Well it's actually been pushed and advertised for a number of years.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would people in the UK really pay for this? I mean it will start at about 5 in the morning. I cant see people spitting out 30 quid to watch it

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Would people in the UK really pay for this? I mean it will start at about 5 in the morning. I cant see people spitting out 30 quid to watch it

Hardcore fans will definitely pay but the man in the street i doubt would do..

Hatton v Mayweather did around 1.2 Million PPV's when they fought

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard core fans have common sense and will stream it. They need gullible punters to be silly enough to pay for it. I bet Sky have got it as ppv.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Hard core fans have common sense and will stream it. They need gullible punters to be silly enough to pay for it. I bet Sky have got it as ppv.
    I would love the BBC to have it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't do anything like Hatton numbers if Sky get it. Probably Box Nation get it but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank stick an extra tenner on peoples' bills for it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You might be right, but I doubt it. Please keep us in the US, posted. Just curious.

Thread Information