Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terence Crawford- Set to have another BANNER year!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford- Set to have another BANNER year!

He has Thomas Dulorme up next for the vacant WBO 140lb title, and if he wins he gets Algieri as his first defence.

Can it get better for Crawford?

After Algieri, if he wins, he can pick and choose who he wants for the money.

1. Danny Garcia
    2. Lucas Matthysse
    3. Jessie Vargas
    4. Lamont Peterson
    5. Chris Algieri
    6. Ruslan Provodnikov
    7. Mike Alvarado
    8. Mauricio Herera
    9. Adrien Broner
    10. Khabib Allakhverdiev
    11. Thomas Dulorme
    12. Humberto Soto
    13. Victor Postal
    14. Dierry Jean
    15. John Molina
    16. Johan Perez
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 03-04-2015 at 05:16 AM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the hell do TR fighters always get these vacant title shots? The numbers are staggering. I mean take Cotto for instance, he fought a who's who in the sport but up until Foreman every belt he picked up was in a vacancy fight.

I'd bet over 50% of TR fighters title wins come in vacancy fights. Whenever there is a vacancy you can just look around and see who is the biggest name for TR without a belt in the class and you can be sure they will be getting the title against some no hoper.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Craford- set to have another BANNER year!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How the hell do TR fighters always get these vacant title shots? The numbers are staggering. I mean take Cotto for instance, he fought a who's who in the sport but up until Foreman every belt he picked up was in a vacancy fight.

I'd bet over 50% of TR fighters title wins come in vacancy fights. Whenever there is a vacancy you can just look around and see who is the biggest name for TR without a belt in the class and you can be sure they will be getting the title against some no hoper.
    It's no secret that Arum can get you a title fight... but it comes with certain risk. See Korobov (Arum fighter) vs Andy Lee.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

It's no secret that Arum can get you a title fight... but it comes with certain risk. See Korobov (Arum fighter) vs Andy Lee.
    There wasn't really a risk there. Korobov was comfortably winning and coulda woulda shoulda beat Lee. it was only a Hail Mary punch that changed it. That can happen regardless of who promotes you.
    Going back to Crawford, if he can step up in weight and have the same effect, we are going to be looking at one of the future superstars of boxing when Floyd and Manny leave the stage.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

There wasn't really a risk there. Korobov was comfortably winning and coulda woulda shoulda beat Lee. it was only a Hail Mary punch that changed it. That can happen regardless of who promotes you.
    Going back to Crawford, if he can step up in weight and have the same effect, we are going to be looking at one of the future superstars of boxing when Floyd and Manny leave the stage.
    Well some fighters can only win via ko. There are a few fighters like this, Lee is one. Bermane Stiverne is another. So, some guys really can only win by ko or multiple knockdowns.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever the case Maybe, Crawford seems like a decent guy and an exciting fighter, I hope to see more of him this year.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Whatever the case Maybe, Crawford seems like a decent guy and an exciting fighter, I hope to see more of him this year.
    And we are expected to. I see him doing three fights this year with Dulorme included... and I think he can beat Algieri if he gets past Dulorme.

Then fights can be made for him. He has to show up.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford is a quality fighter and should become a superstar.

I like Nicholas Walters too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like him to, didn't know about these fights lined up. Can't see Dulorme or Algeri winning, but they are both good rangey boxers and bigger guys than Crawford has been fighting. Then again, Crawford just looks huge as a lightweight and should carry good power up at least this far. Will be interesting to see if he can stop these guys.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Terence Crawford is a quality fighter and should become a superstar.

I like Nicholas Walters too.
    Crawford to me is the Danny Garcia equivalent to the Black population- FAMILY FRIENDLY BOXER!

Crawford can be that dude. There are four types of fighters with their mystique and angle that can be marketed, I reckon:

1. The hard-nosed, hard type fighters- like Froch, Ward, Bika, Stevenson, etc...

2. The flashy, high profile, elitist like fighters like- Mayweather, Manny Pac, Broner, Bute, etc...

3. The workman like guys- like Rigondeaux, Andre Dirrell, Jacobs, GGG, etc....

4. Then there are the "family friendly" types of fighters- CRAWFORD, Danny Garcia, JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR. (yes, he is loved in Mexico and it has transcended), Eubank Jr. and Wlad Klit... even though Wlad waivers between hard nosed, high profile and family friendly. But, Wlad, for the most part, is family friendly and family TV.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And we are expected to. I see him doing three fights this year with Dulorme included... and I think he can beat Algieri if he gets past Dulorme.

I'd like to see him do better than Algieri. I consider Agieri a completely average fighter. If that will be Crawfords level at 140 he might as well stay at 135 where he can be great. Or is GGG the only fighter allowed to hang out in a division with no challengers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford- Set to have another BANNER year!

Don't expect to see Crawford fight any of Haymon's guys unless he ditches uncle Bob more than likely after Algieri we'll get Vargas. If the Golden Boy-Top Rank relationship continues to improve then the winner of Matthysse-Provodnikov would be the ticket
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This kid is an enormous breath of fresh air. He did his time and grabbed opportunity as a sub to get air time. Crawford blew the doors off the huge hometown crowd and is beginning to show top versatility in styles. I think they have to do him better than a mentioned Algieri match and frankly its a step sideways if a step at all I believe.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone likes Crawford, and that list starts at respectable and goes up. I don't see why a fighter can't have a respectable opponent once in a while, especially if he's fighting 2 or 3 times a year.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 03-04-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see him do better than Algieri. I consider Agieri a completely average fighter. If that will be Crawfords level at 140 he might as well stay at 135 where he can be great. Or is GGG the only fighter allowed to hang out in a division with no challengers?
    140 has more competition for him... and if he stays at 135, what else is there for him to do? He already beat Gamboa to a pulp. Should he wait for Mikey Garcia? A fight that may not happen? I don't know.... 140, for him, if he wants money and if he wants to be great- taking into consideration if Danny Garcia stays- then he has the world in front of him.

Hidden Content

Thread Information