Thread: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Roach locks down Gym

Roach has locked down the gym before and after working hours to protect Manny from to much distracting press work. Now is the time to focus

"To better focus on the biggest fight of his career and the richest fight in boxing history, Manny Pacquiao is shutting out the media.
    Starting Saturday, the doors to Pacquiao’s gym will be closed and locked before and after working hours. Pacquiao will not conduct workout interviews with reporters until his April 15 media day"

Manny Pacquiao locks gym to sharpen focus on Floyd Mayweather Jr. | More | Sporting News

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -Manny thru the ages

Manny thru the ages

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Roach locks down Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Roach has locked down the gym before and after working hours to protect Manny from to much distracting press work. Now is the time to focus

"To better focus on the biggest fight of his career and the richest fight in boxing history, Manny Pacquiao is shutting out the media.
    Starting Saturday, the doors to Pacquiao’s gym will be closed and locked before and after working hours. Pacquiao will not conduct workout interviews with reporters until his April 15 media day"

Manny Pacquiao locks gym to sharpen focus on Floyd Mayweather Jr. | More | Sporting News

Roach seems to be obsessed, hope all these changes don't have a negative effect and there aren't any excuses later.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://instagram.com/p/1Gw2Pzx3WP/

Ariza has Floyd swimming. Another excuse for the pactards, 'there was something in that water!'
    Pac's excuse after the fight, 'God delivered him into my hands uh.. but errm... he has been swimming so he slipped away like a fish!'
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -Money has too much Money

Money has too much money
    "Floyd Mayweather really has taken the expression “put your money where your mouth is” to a whole new level if the latest reports are true.
    The 38-year-old boxer has reportedly splashed out $25,000 on a new gum shield...."

http://http://www.talkingbaws.com/20...with-pacquiao/

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great stuff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao vs Mayweather is ''good vs evil'' as trainer claims Pacman motivated by Floyd's domestic abuse past - Mirror Online

Manny Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach says that the Filipino boxer is driven to win because of Floyd Mayweather's history with domestic abuse.

Mayweather has been involved in seven alleged instances of physical assault against five different women.

In 2012, the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world spent two months in a Nevada detention facility for an attack on Josie Harris, who is the mother of three of his four children.
    Speaking to USA Today, Roach said: "Manny is really against domestic violence. It is a big issue maybe in the Philippines for him and being a congressman he can control some of that stuff.

"That is a big plus for me that Manny does not like the guy, I think the killer instinct is going to come back a lot faster."

Roach also says that this is the first time since working with Pacquiao that he can sense that his man does not like his opponent.
    Roach said: "(I see the fight as) good against evil, yes. I have even thought about bringing a couple of the metro cops from Vegas in to tell Manny how many times (Mayweather) has been arrested and how bad of a guy he is, but I decided I can't go that far.

"For the first time in my life with Manny Pacquiao, this is the first fighter he hasn't liked. I can tell."
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha... Roach is such a douche bag.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Floyd Swimming

Floyd ...um...Swimming ?

"American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. released another Instagram video of himself doing one of his training regimens.
    This time, Mayweather was shown with his new strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, while the boxer was doing laps at the pool."
    WATCH: Floyd swims in new training clip | ABS-CBN News

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Floyds weight on target

"Floyd Mayweather is down to within three-and-a-half pounds of the welterweight limit with more than three weeks still to go before he meets Manny Pacquiao in the Fight of the Century.
    Mayweather was photographed taking the scales for the WBC’s mandatory weight check 30 days before a world title fight.
    The boxers are required to weigh no more than 10 per cent in excess of the 147 lb welter limit."

Floyd Mayweather closes in on welterweight limit ahead of Manny Pacquiao mega-fight* | Daily Mail Online

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say Pac smokes him early. Real early like Round 2. I say Floyd overtrains for this fight, thinking he is aging, and a quarter-step slow, he will overwork himself and he hits 147 by the end of this week. Too early, peaks too early in his zeal. Pac will be younger and fresher. Floyd needs some pop in this fight and shouldnt swim too much. Swimming builds long smooth muscle but the explosiveness will be lacking. Underwater sports could increase oxygen absorption and burn extra calories, he will come in aquatically and drained. Stamina problem for floyd in this fight. Would be great to see some Pac training photos and if he is still hav9ng calf cramps.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 04-09-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I told you the rubbish that Floyd lives at 147lb is rubbish he makes the weight for the fights and nourishes himself up like everyone else.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd couldn't make 144, no way he 'lives' at 147, even if he is a smallish welterweight.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Fight in Jeopardy?

Could the fight be scuppered at the last minute ?

"Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe has rubbished suggestions Floyd Mayweather Jr v Manny Pacquiao is in jeopardy.
    Fraught negotiations have been a constant subplot in the making of Mayweather v Pacquiao over the years. Another possible hitch was put forward by the Filipino's promoter, Bob Arum, who told Yahoo Sport on 8 April that the lack of a signed contract between MGM Resorts – the venue – and the respective promoters had left what will be the richest fight in boxing history in doubt.
    "I don't know anymore," Arum said on the possibility of the showdown not going ahead. "I've never been in this area before."
    But Ellerbe has since told Yahoo Sports: "The notion the fight is in jeopardy is ridiculous."

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao in jeopardy? Bob Arum concerns slammed by Leonard Ellerbe
    Hidden Content

Thread Information