Thread: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Dirrell/DeGale Undercard ?

Could Dirrell/DeGale be added to the undercard ? Maybe

Unlikely but DeGale think there is a possibility

"I've not been chopping wood like Mayweather has but I like it, it's old school and Mayweather is an old school type of fighter and I've seen how he trains at his gym.
    I've been doing all kinds of different things in training, sprints on the track to two hours runs up Hampstead Heath as well as working in the gym.
    I've trained at St George's Park [the FA's National Football Centre and home of the England football teams in Burton] and I'm going to be spending a week up there for my fitness because they have got great facilities. They have a hydro pool, an altitude chamber, sports scientists and they have even put some bags up for me. It's going to really help.
    I've not got a date yet but I think they have to let me know by next Tuesday. There were rumours it was going to be in Chicago on April 24, but I've been told it's definitely not going to be then, so maybe it will mid May sometime.
    Eddie [Hearn] was looking at putting it on in London on April 25 so I'm seven weeks into training camp anyway, so the quicker it happens for me the better.
    There's a little chance it could be on the Mayweather-Pacquiao undercard in Las Vegas on May 2. I would love that obviously but I doubt it; I think they would've announced it if it was."

James DeGale ready for Andre Dirrell, even if it's on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pa | Sport Inside Boxing | ESPN.co.uk

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - WBC Million dollar belt

The WBC have commissioned a million dollar Emerald belt for the fight.

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao winner to be presented with million-dollar belt | Sport | The Guardian
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

Interesting blogcast well worth a listen particularly Duvall's take on Boxers purses generally

Manny And Floyd Episode Three: Filthy Lucre - Queensberry Rules
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - God not relevant

Freddie Roach has told Manny

"Manny, God doesn’t give a f*** who wins. He’s got bigger things to do.”

Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Freddie Roach tells Pac-Man that "God don't give a f*** who wins" | fanatix Sport News
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't care less if Floyd paid four million quid a day for his food. His dough - right to do what he wants with it.

The contrast between what the super rich "need" and what the poorest of the poor "have" is quite clearly disgusting. It's just an observation. Not an attack on Floyd.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - WBC Million dollar belt

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao winner to be presented with million-dollar belt | Sport | The Guardian
    That's the dumbest thing ever.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you guys notice Floyd kinda acting strange ever since this fight getting negotiated and the deal done with? First he took his sweet time vacationing in some tropical island and enjoying himself before finally putting his signature for the fight. And now he's feasting on luxury foods everyday like a king. What the heck is he thinking of? Is he thinking the end is nigh?
    ...gotta watch this fight...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

somebody has laundered lots of money
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Did you guys notice Floyd kinda acting strange ever since this fight getting negotiated and the deal done with? First he took his sweet time vacationing in some tropical island and enjoying himself before finally putting his signature for the fight. And now he's feasting on luxury foods everyday like a king. What the heck is he thinking of? Is he thinking the end is nigh?
    He took a vacation before beginning a few months of training and he's eating good food.
    You find this strange... Why??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    He took a vacation before beginning a few months of training and he's eating good food.
    A $4000 meal! ya, maybe not strange for rich fellas like you but for us poor guys here, that's outrageous, if not strange. Hey, relax buddy, didn't Bean tell ya Floyd's gonna knock the heck out of Pac?
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I couldn't care less if Floyd paid four million quid a day for his food. His dough - right to do what he wants with it.

The contrast between what the super rich "need" and what the poorest of the poor "have" is quite clearly disgusting. It's just an observation. Not an attack on Floyd.
    I agree, it's Floyds money. A waste of money, to most people, but it's his money.

It's good to keep it front of everyone's face, but that disparity between even you and I and the truly poor, is not going to be solved in this thread or anytime soon.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 03-19-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A $4000 meal! ya, maybe not strange for rich fellas like you but for us poor guys here, that's outrageous, if not strange. Hey, relax buddy, didn't Bean tell ya Floyd's gonna knock the heck out of Pac?
    You really believe that his meals are $4000 each? Haha! oh... Pactards. You simple folk.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd spending $4000 PER DAY on food

While Manny Pacquiao is boxing to win free chicken for life, Floyd Mayweather is spending a decent used car on food every day.

TMZ reports Money May is paying Chef Q, a Las Vegas-based chef, $184,000 to keep his tummy full between now and the fight on May 2. With a little over a month left until he and Pacquiao meet in the ring, that figure works out to about $4,000 every day. To put that amount of money into perspective: that's 17,798 chicken McNuggets, or 1,338 Crunchwrap Supremes per day.

Of course, Chef Q doesn't usually charge this much but says Floyd felt her "dishes were worth that much." Floyd Mayweather has a lot of money.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You really believe that his meals are $4000 each? Haha! oh... Pactards. You simple folk.
    Hey, your good friend Beans just wrote about that... Call me what you want, Rocky, no problem with me but tell me one thing: why do you hate the guts out of Pac and his tards?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd spending $4000 PER DAY on food

Good find. Yeah I read this one a day or two back. It seems so odd that he would start now. I mean i'm not suggesting he's trying to buy the victory in essence but this has gotta be publicity fluff... If he lost and said "oh its because my chef didn't use organic food.." I'd probably shut my tv off for a month. Laying off the burgers I can see, but no brownie points for overpaying for meals buy at least 700 dollars.

It's like a rocky montage. all we need now is the article where Manny is drinking raw eggs and doing pulls up from a leaky sewer pipe and pulling a cart of boulders behind him during his roadwork.

Anyone else find this a little cheesy on floyds part? (organic, gourmet, expertly prepared cheese, of course)
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information