Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

Roach wants Manny to ignore the Jibber Jabber

“Manny has not been in with a lot of trash-talkers,” said Freddie Roach, Pacquiao’s trainer. “Mayweather is like Ali in the sense that he will talk to you a lot in the fight. He will rest on the ropes, chatter in your ear and try to get you out of your game.“I’m really not sure how Manny is going to react to that. He can’t let himself get distracted.”

What Manny Pacquiao’s Camp Is Afraid Of - WSJ

Last edited by Beanz; 03-04-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Conditioning Coaches

Ariza a cancer to Floyd Camp, says Manny's conditioning coach

"Nobody likes the f—ing guy. So as far as putting the cancer into your camp, and everyone in our camp is happy to get rid of the guy and no one liked him — where is the mind game?" Fortune told Boxingscene.com.
    "I fail to see where the mind game is there, because throwing that idi*t out was the best thing that ever happened to this camp, because Pacquiao has been better in shape, happier and winning. That guy is just bad karma. So when you put him into Floyd's camp; good luck."

Pacquiao's conditioning coach: 'Ariza a cancer to Mayweather's camp' | Sports | GMA News Online

Fortune and Manny

Ariza and Floyd

Last edited by Beanz; 03-04-2015 at 02:57 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Training camps

Training camps are up and running

FLOYD

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao open training camps for their epic showdown | More | Sporting News

MANNY

On Monday, Pacquiao ran 3.2km and shadow-boxed for two rounds, followed by abdominal work and a breakfast of steamed rice, scrambled egg, fish and chicken broth.
    Then he napped until noon and had lunch before heading to trainer Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym, which is strictly off-limits to fans and media during Pacquiao's sessions.
    "I will prepare hard for this fight to give the boxing fans the kind of entertainment they want. This is what I consider the real fight of my life," said the 36-year-old.

Manny Pacquiao working for 'fight of my life' | Sport | 3 News
    Last edited by Beanz; 03-04-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Oscar's thoughts

Oscar thinks Manny needs to fight angry

Why Pacquiao needs to 'fight angry' against Mayweather, according to De La Hoya | Sports | GMA News Online

Breaking it down on video

"It's just gratifying to know that this fight is finally taking place...we must demand the best fighting the best...I really do feel that Mayweather and Pacquiao still have a lot left in the tank to make it a really good fight...I really do feel that Pacquiao can do some damage to Mayweather," stated Golden Boy Promotions founder Oscar De La Hoya, who shared his thoughts on the highly-anticipated May 2 showdown between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Roach's secret 5 year Plan

Freddie Roach has had a plan for 5 years. It's a secret and he may shut down access to camp to keep it that way

"It has changed a bit because both fighters have changed," Roach said. "But most of it is still intact."
    "I know exactly what I want Manny to do," he stressed. "When I go home to training camp, we'll start working on it."
    Roach has no plans of revealing what that game plan is, however, and even says that he plans to shut down the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles while Pacquiao is training there.
    "I won't tell you what the game plan is, because that will be very silent," he said. "The whole Wild Card Gym will be shut down."
    "We will work out Manny's best strategy, and nobody will watch it," he stressed. "The cameras are only allowed after sparring and after mitts."

Roach to keep game plan vs Floyd 'secret' | ABS-CBN News
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd spending $4000 PER DAY on food

While Manny Pacquiao is boxing to win free chicken for life, Floyd Mayweather is spending a decent used car on food every day.

TMZ reports Money May is paying Chef Q, a Las Vegas-based chef, $184,000 to keep his tummy full between now and the fight on May 2. With a little over a month left until he and Pacquiao meet in the ring, that figure works out to about $4,000 every day. To put that amount of money into perspective: that's 17,798 chicken McNuggets, or 1,338 Crunchwrap Supremes per day.

Of course, Chef Q doesn't usually charge this much but says Floyd felt her "dishes were worth that much." Floyd Mayweather has a lot of money.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd spending $4000 PER DAY on food

Good find. Yeah I read this one a day or two back. It seems so odd that he would start now. I mean i'm not suggesting he's trying to buy the victory in essence but this has gotta be publicity fluff... If he lost and said "oh its because my chef didn't use organic food.." I'd probably shut my tv off for a month. Laying off the burgers I can see, but no brownie points for overpaying for meals buy at least 700 dollars.

It's like a rocky montage. all we need now is the article where Manny is drinking raw eggs and doing pulls up from a leaky sewer pipe and pulling a cart of boulders behind him during his roadwork.

Anyone else find this a little cheesy on floyds part? (organic, gourmet, expertly prepared cheese, of course)
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - GGG visits Manny

Golovkin visits Manny in Gym, insists they could meet at a lower weight in future

"Golovkin, who recently paid a visit to see the ‘Pac Man’ at the Wild Card gym, believes he can comfortably make the 154lb division, which is the highest weight class Pacquiao and Mayweather have competed at during their careers.
    Asked about the move down, he told fighthype.com: “Absolutely, absolutely.
    “Not a lot of weight to lose, because I’m regular at 167.
    “My last fight I was 58, three pounds is…I’m not a big guy. Look at me, I’m not big, I’m not strong, heavy."
    Gennady Golovkin would step down for clash with Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao | Boxing News | Sky Sports

In fact GGG insists he is willing to fight Floyd or Manny at 154

"The Kazakh sensation has admitted he is eyeing up a potential showdown with one of the iconic fighters and when asked whether he could make the requisite weight limit of 154 pounds, he provided an emphatic answer, per Luis Sandoval of fighthype.com:
    “Absolutely.” said the undefeated star. “This is business. I understand; this is boxing business. It’s not a lot of weight to lose. My last fight, I’m 58. I’m not big guy.”

Gennady Golovkin Prepared to Fight Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao at 154 | Bleacher Report

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

I did not realise GGG was that small and to think people want him to go up in weight and challenge supermiddle and lightheavy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Daft Haircuts

I am probably not the right person to be talking about daft haircuts But although it's not the first

check this one from 2012

Manny and Floyd fans have already started having their heroes shaved into their noggins. To get both though ? has to be a first

"In the most American thing to happen since Man vs Food, American boxing fans are getting the faces of Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao shaved into their barnets. In some cases - like the chap in the above video - people are even getting BOTH. "

Mayweather v Pacquiao: Excited boxing fans are shaving fighters' faces onto their heads - Mirror Online
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - Infographic

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM - GGG visits Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Golovkin visits Manny in Gym, insists they could meet at a lower weight in future

"Golovkin, who recently paid a visit to see the ‘Pac Man’ at the Wild Card gym, believes he can comfortably make the 154lb division, which is the highest weight class Pacquiao and Mayweather have competed at during their careers.
    Asked about the move down, he told fighthype.com: “Absolutely, absolutely.
    “Not a lot of weight to lose, because I’m regular at 167.
    “My last fight I was 58, three pounds is…I’m not a big guy. Look at me, I’m not big, I’m not strong, heavy."
    Gennady Golovkin would step down for clash with Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao | Boxing News | Sky Sports

In fact GGG insists he is willing to fight Floyd or Manny at 154

"The Kazakh sensation has admitted he is eyeing up a potential showdown with one of the iconic fighters and when asked whether he could make the requisite weight limit of 154 pounds, he provided an emphatic answer, per Luis Sandoval of fighthype.com:
    “Absolutely.” said the undefeated star. “This is business. I understand; this is boxing business. It’s not a lot of weight to lose. My last fight, I’m 58. I’m not big guy.”

Gennady Golovkin Prepared to Fight Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao at 154 | Bleacher Report

Those fights would never happen. GGG is too big a risk and would be too big and strong for both guys imo.
    If mayweather or Pac called out someone (nevermind called out, even a rumour) from a lower weight division they would get crucified for it but over the years we've had MWs calling out these two WW (who can both make LWW imo) and everyone is excited. And I bet we will have idiots saying they ducked GGG.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been reading other sites and now Pacquiao fans are claiming Floyd is cutting down from 170 and that is his advantage. All from pictures of them in suits haha

This stuff is crazy, I have never seen such a lying fan base. I suppose it makes sense since team Pac lies over and over and over again but my god, this crap is pathological

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather JR / Manny Pacquiao - NEWS STREAM -

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I've been reading other sites and now Pacquiao fans are claiming Floyd is cutting down from 170 and that is his advantage. All from pictures of them in suits haha

This stuff is crazy, I have never seen such a lying fan base. I suppose it makes sense since team Pac lies over and over and over again but my god, this crap is pathological
    Much of Manny's fan base are "simple people" like him.

Thread Information