Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing Needs Tyson Fury

Some think his temperament might be a big problem and that he should be more self-deprecating, but I suspect he could care less what others think about him. All the rhetoric and loud mouthing is likely a load of blarney and he knows it better than anyone. Oh sure, he could take himself more seriously and embrace humility, but then he wouldn’t be Tyson Fury.

Maybe it’s the inherent Irish in him, but he possesses a wit. The thing is, he’s putting everybody on half the time, and it’s all a joke with him. Fury, and for that matter Deontay Wilder, is a showman. They are rarely at a loss for words or afraid to throw bold craziness out there. Heavyweight boxing hasn’t had this type in a long time. David Haye came close but he was too self-absorbed. In short, boxing needs guys like Fury and Wilder.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing Needs Tyson Fury

The best thing in the world would be for Tyson to beat Wlad then meet Wilder in the biggest heavyweight fight in years!

Wilder looked better than anyone gave him credit for in hos last fight BUT it was Stiverne. Had that have been anyone else other than Arreola Stiverne would have lost.

Wilder needs a good fight next. Who would it be? Someone who sells? It will probably be Arreola!

Fury is trying to get Wlad for early September at Arsenals football stadium. A fight with wilder would be massive. I dont think there would be enough time left in the year to sort everything out and it happens next year.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury and Wilder are good fresh opponents that can challenge Wlad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But Wlad will call the shots amid the when and the where.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will outwork Wlad.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you saying Tyson Fury is bigger than boxing?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Are you saying Tyson Fury is bigger than boxing?
    As long as he keeps winning he's going to be fucking hard for people to ignore.

You can imagine America trying to produce a Fury beater.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Fury will outwork Wlad.
    Didn't you predict the world was going to end a few weeks ago?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Fury will outwork Wlad.
    come on now Adam give your countrymen a break. heavyweight boxing is not necessarily in such great shape right now. Yes you have Deontay Wilder an a few other half baked clams yet to prove themselves and that includes Tyson Fury. But in the absence of any kind of great heavyweight era we have to root for these guys because this simply nobody else to root for. I think Fury is a joke however I will be rooting for his ass. He is a big somewhat skillful determined boxer anyway and I would love to see the way he does against Deontay Wilder or vitamin Klitschko or Alexander Povetkin or even a guy like Adamek or Steve or any of these other guys.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    The best thing in the world would be for Tyson to beat Wlad then meet Wilder in the biggest heavyweight fight in years!

Wilder looked better than anyone gave him credit for in hos last fight BUT it was Stiverne. Had that have been anyone else other than Arreola Stiverne would have lost.

Wilder needs a good fight next. Who would it be? Someone who sells? It will probably be Arreola!

Fury is trying to get Wlad for early September at Arsenals football stadium. A fight with wilder would be massive. I dont think there would be enough time left in the year to sort everything out and it happens next year.
    The best thing the world is a bit over the top but i agree, if that happened the HW division would be on its way back
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

" the HW division would be on its way back"

But is seems like we always say that in every decade.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

The best thing the world is a bit over the top but i agree, if that happened the HW division would be on its way back
    I meant the heavyweight boxing world (I don't thing Fury v Wilder would be better than destroying IS), may even the whole boxing world.

It might sound ridiculous now but once the dust settles on Mayweather Pacquaio what is big fights are there? What big personalities are there?

Fury v Wilder would be the biggest boxing fight/event in the world. Two fighters who know how to sell themselves and I believe it would make a very entertaining fight to boot. Certainly more entertaining than the last big heavyweight event Wlad v Haye.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Some think his temperament might be a big problem and that he should be more self-deprecating, but I suspect he could care less what others think about him. All the rhetoric and loud mouthing is likely a load of blarney and he knows it better than anyone. Oh sure, he could take himself more seriously and embrace humility, but then he wouldn’t be Tyson Fury.

Maybe it’s the inherent Irish in him, but he possesses a wit. The thing is, he’s putting everybody on half the time, and it’s all a joke with him. Fury, and for that matter Deontay Wilder, is a showman. They are rarely at a loss for words or afraid to throw bold craziness out there. Heavyweight boxing hasn’t had this type in a long time. David Haye came close but he was too self-absorbed. In short, boxing needs guys like Fury and Wilder.
    The title of this thread is rather amusing, but reading your point appears well thought out. Personally I think its kind of a shame we need bragadocious loud mouths with charisma to bring fans in. But I digress: it works.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Stiverne WAS very sick remember, I highly doubt he faked his medical condition.

And I am certain that any Arreola would mount a better assault on Wilder than the version of Stiverne which showed up.

I'm not counting my Buritto boy out yet LOL
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Fury will outwork Wlad.
    come on now Adam give your countrymen a break. heavyweight boxing is not necessarily in such great shape right now. Yes you have Deontay Wilder an a few other half baked clams yet to prove themselves and that includes Tyson Fury. But in the absence of any kind of great heavyweight era we have to root for these guys because this simply nobody else to root for. I think Fury is a joke however I will be rooting for his ass. He is a big somewhat skillful determined boxer anyway and I would love to see the way he does against Deontay Wilder or vitamin Klitschko or Alexander Povetkin or even a guy like Adamek or Steve or any of these other guys.
    I still dunno how you can look at this era as weak!

How many past favourite boxers of yours could have mounted any form of successful offensive against Tyson Fury? I would say not a great many.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information