Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roland LaStarza ~ "Rocky Marciano Would Have Destroyed Cassius Clay, And Ruined Him"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roland LaStarza ~ "Rocky Marciano Would Have Destroyed Cassius Clay, And Ruined Him"

~ Roland LaStarza ~

This bout would have been no trouble for Rocky. He was faster in the Ring then he
    looked.

He would have moved in on Clay faster than a Jaguar on a Wart Hog. Rocky would have
    busted up Clay's ribs. And if Clay put those arms up in from of his face. Rocky would have
    destroyed the blood vessels in those arms.

No way could Clay keep Rocky off of him. Never.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    ~ Roland LaStarza ~

This bout would have been no trouble for Rocky. He was faster in the Ring then he
    looked.

He would have moved in on Clay faster than a Jaguar on a Wart Hog. Rocky would have
    busted up Clay's ribs. And if Clay put those arms up in from of his face. Rocky would have
    destroyed the blood vessels in those arms.

No way could Clay keep Rocky off of him. Never.
    I agree with this. Marciano
    would definitely destroy the muscle tissue and the ligaments in ali's elbows and forearms because that was his game.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roland LaStarza ~ "Rocky Marciano Would Have Destroyed Cassius Clay, And Ruined H

Let's be serious here..

I'm as harsh on Ali as anybody can be or so I thought. I have downrated all his qualities like his chin and all that at times.

But fact is, the guy managed to withstand George bloody Foreman at one point! I think he can handle a little rough housing from Rocky!

Yeah sure, Clay was not able to keep aggressive opponents at bay, but he was able to win out in the exchanges with most of them all the same.

Frazier, another boxer who wears the brunt of my idealogical axe, would have hit harder than Rocky in my opinion and applied more pressure also.

Marciano despite being smaller, was not as fast as Clay/Ali. And he blocked punches with his face also!

Respect for Rocky but he's definitely the underdog.

Who the hell is LaStarza to claim that anyway! More like he WANTS that to be true.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roland LaStarza ~ "Rocky Marciano Would Have Destroyed Cassius Clay, And Ruined H

Did La Starza REALLY say that?? Or is in just another of Bill Paxton's fantasies ??
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@C.J.Rock

Now why the hell would Paxtom say it so matter of factly if it wasn't true? Has he been known to lie about actual quotes before?

If you can reference a couple of these quotes Bill that'll shut the guy up.

As for LaStarza, it isn't difficult to understand the motive behind him promoting MArciano over Clay. Since he fought the first fight with Marciano basically even, by claiming Rocky could have smashed him up easy, implies that LaStarza could have done similar as well, thus promoting his own image.

Old Roland would be Rollin in his grave if he seen this, but he ain't the first boxer to sledge another to promote his own legacy and he certainly wont be the last.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as i think Marciano would've given Ali trouble for a few rounds i doubt he would've gone the distance. Frazier and Old Enry both connected with huge left hooks, Marciano's big punch was the right hand, Ali wins by cuts by round 8 or 9. Ali in 1966/67 was virtually unbeatable. Ali was tough, he took some very heavy punches and withstood Big George who many scribes genuinely thought was going to kill him. I just don't see Ali getting nailed by a right hand?
    Last edited by THE THIRD MAN; 07-16-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    As much as i think Marciano would've give Ali trouble for a few rounds i doubt he would've gone the distance. Frazier and Old Enry both connected with huge left hooks, Marciano's big punch was the right hand, Ali wins by cuts by round 8 or 9. Ali in 1966/67 was virtually unbeatable. Ali was tough, he took some very heavy punches and withstood Big George who many scribes genuinely thought was going to kill him. I just don't see Ali getting nailed by a right hand?
    Ali of 66/67 was a piss weak string bean who could barely box and who had then never faced a single really good opponent. He'd be stopped by any half decent heavy or cruiser in subsequent eras imo.

I just claim he could beat Marciano! Big difference!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    @C.J.Rock

Now why the hell would Paxtom say it so matter of factly if it wasn't true? Has he been known to lie about actual quotes before?
    Yes.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...sius-clay.html

Every quote he posts uses the same style of language, regardless of the background of the person who supposably said it...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could,

Rocky Marciano trap Cassius Clay.

Ask George Chuvalo that question.

"Yes, it was no F**king problem."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Could,

Rocky Marciano trap Cassius Clay.

Ask George Chuvalo that question.

"Yes, it was no F**king problem."
    Yeah George Chuvalo was also a piece of iron who was about 30+lbs heavier than Rocky.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the H? Got to ask.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why the H? Got to ask.
    H? @Master

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rock face would of looked like a gaping vag if he fought Ali he would be cut to shit. Rocky would of been a great cw but a heavyweight he was not they started to get bigger in 60's and up. If rock fought today he could be a fucking lhw and do well there but lets get real here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano would be the modern day chisora.

Durable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would not be a heavyweight he would be a cw or a lhw so its not like he like anything today because he not a heavyweight. The heavyweight division really changed in the 80's and the 90's people got fucking big wonder why but we all know why i don't even care really though.

Thread Information