Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops shooting innocent members of the public.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cops shooting innocent members of the public.

@SlimTrae sup, B? Ya last post was off da hook dog.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn, I'm really starting to like Slim, I think he is just as whacked as me, miles and Brock.
    Slim is the shit. Straight up. For real. Dog aint jus' trippin, he for REAL.
    True story, real talk b

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It's hard to make a judgement on it without seeing what happened. The cop was treated for a dog bite so I guess the shepherd had attacked him.

Cops need the right to defend themselves because their lives are constantly in danger. Two cops in Ferguson were shot just recently I read. It seems like a tragic accident but those kinds of things are going to happen. I don't see it as an epidemic. It's easy to sit back after the fact and say what someone should or shouldn't have done, but when you're in the moment and your safety is in danger, people are going to make mistakes. The best thing people can do is make the cop's job as easy as possible: don't resist arrest, don't put your hands in your pockets when a cop tells you to put them up, and in this case don't start a fight right in front of a cop and leave your guard dog inside the house.
    I still think they are mindless (The people who design modern police training) in that they are taught if they draw a pistol they shoot for the chest.(If someone is armed fair enough, if they are not armed shoot them in the fucking leg they wont be going anywhere.
    They are trained and are hyped up into the worse possible extremes then dumbed down into dealing out the harshest response.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

I still think they are mindless (The people who design modern police training) in that they are taught if they draw a pistol they shoot for the chest.(If someone is armed fair enough, if they are not armed shoot them in the fucking leg they wont be going anywhere.
    It's actually pretty logical. A cop only shoots (ideally) as a last measure of self defence, when they have deemed that they are being threatened and need to immediately remove the threat. Shooting at the legs is very illogical if you have to immediately put someone down because they are smaller, moving targets, and even in the event that you land a good shot to someone's femur, that isn't even a guarantee to immediately stop a charging suspect, and it's not a guarantee to stop that suspect from then suddenly pulling out a weapon (like a gun) and using it with their hands.

The police do great work for the most part. Sure there are things that probably could be improved, but to say that all their training is nonsense and should be revamped is a bit ridiculous if you look at the number of arrests that happen every day without incident.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one shot in the chest in this particular case was an unarmed, innocent, bystanding young woman. She died. How does one go from being attacked by a dog to shooting a woman in the chest? Regardless of the circumstances, and you're right.... it's hard to draw conclusions without having been there... it seems a far stretch from one to the other. She posed no threat to the cop, so it was a mistake.... a fatal mistake.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

It's actually pretty logical. A cop only shoots (ideally) as a last measure of self defence, when they have deemed that they are being threatened and need to immediately remove the threat. Shooting at the legs is very illogical if you have to immediately put someone down because they are smaller, moving targets, and even in the event that you land a good shot to someone's femur, that isn't even a guarantee to immediately stop a charging suspect, and it's not a guarantee to stop that suspect from then suddenly pulling out a weapon (like a gun) and using it with their hands.

The police do great work for the most part. Sure there are things that probably could be improved, but to say that all their training is nonsense and should be revamped is a bit ridiculous if you look at the number of arrests that happen every day without incident.
    Most do alright for sure, but the law is set up so the ones who dont do right get off.

Why shoot someone in the chest if they are not armed,wheres the deadly threat?
    If they dont stop when you pull a gun on them they get one in the lower gut or leg, if you reach for something you get one in the chest.
    Surely that is a sensible approach when dealing with unarmed people?

Charging at a cop is a different matter,reaching for something unasked for is different matter too.

As it stands cops are not liable,has to be somewhat due to the training too,its set up so they can get off (their practice targets only have a head and a body). That point alone would make a deadly shot defensible in court as that is all they practice to do.

Even when emptying five rounds into someone whos already down,or squash someone or strangle him to death,or tazer to death, all have occurred as well as the odd death in cells due to a beating, its over kill but they always get off Scot free,something is wrong there.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who polices the police?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    who polices the police?
    There is an internal affairs section.A guy I surfed with occasionally and father of a friend of mine was the top one, he was hated by other cops similar to how they hate detectives.There is a fair bit of separation within the force from one end to the other.

I can explain it.

Thread Information